Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
some cringey comments:
I cried during Bioshock Infinite. The gripping story, the masterful deconstruction of racism in the old time America, and the incredible setting are all woven together to create gamings perfect quilt. Obviously it was over most "gamers" heads
Bioshock's mental aspect has never been about the gameplay
No one who played Bioshock Infinite and understood half of it, would call it as deep as a spoon, you did not understand scrap about this game, its meaning, or its purpose.
might be trolls but theese days you never know.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Yeah, but:
Finding the keyhole of my door when drunk is a much harder puzzle than the bells.
Maybe I'm missing the joke or late to the party, but isn't Wounded Knee an actual location?
Yep, but an average bioshock player thinks it to be a meme quotation.
How in the world would the racism go over peoples heads? It couldn't have been more obvious even if they wore a shirt that says I am a racist person. I liked the game but MY GOD is it REALLY overrated. The gameplay was a simplified version of the previous Bioshock games. And how are we not gamers because we want a fun game? I can really understand why some people didn't like it.

Well, I probably wouldn't remember the bell order since you only see the paper for a few seconds while you're still on the boat, it would've been obnoxious to restart the game because you didn't catch it the first time. And since the lighthouse has (had) an actual guard protecting it, the "code" doesn't need to be very complex either.

What I found far more retarded is how Booker will see several posters around the city warning people to watch out for a bad guy with a tatooed hand. Not any tattoo by the way, but a very specific "AD", which can't possibly refer to anyone but him. Instead of getting some gloves or burying his hand on the pocket, he goes to the middle of a stage and raises the tattooed hand to take part in a minigame.
:negative:

Last edited:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Well, I probably wouldn't remember the bell order since you only see the paper for a few seconds while you're still on the boat, it would've been obnoxious to restart the game because you didn't catch it the first time. And since the lighthouse has (had) an actual guard protecting it, the "code" doesn't need to be very complex either.

What I found far more retarded is how Booker will see several posters around the city warning people to watch out for a bad guy with a tatooed hand. Not any tattoo by the way, but a very specific "AD", which can't possibly refer to anyone but him. Instead of getting some gloves or burying his hand on the pocket, he goes to the middle of a stage and raises the tattooed hand to take part in a minigame.
:negative:
The best kind of game is the one where you're forced to play a blithering moron that even a three-year-old could call out.

Servo

Arcane
Didn't play Bioplop 2 because the first game was terrible and incredibly boring once you got over the neat setting. Now all this "OMFG ITS AN EXPERIENCE NOT A GAME MY SOUL IS JIZZING" hogwash I keep reading from these throat shitting faggots who make it embarrassing to play video games has pissed me off. I suddenly loathe this game. Fuck every single one of you in this topic who bought this stupid game and want to discuss it, and will talk about it for 50 pages to come. You are the worst and I hope Prosper rapes your mothers, then animates it. In extreme detail.

IvfxpwP.gif

I just wanted to point out that this thread has gone on for a lot more than 50 pages.

A user named cat

Didn't play Bioplop 2 because the first game was terrible and incredibly boring once you got over the neat setting. Now all this "OMFG ITS AN EXPERIENCE NOT A GAME MY SOUL IS JIZZING" hogwash I keep reading from these throat shitting faggots who make it embarrassing to play video games has pissed me off. I suddenly loathe this game. Fuck every single one of you in this topic who bought this stupid game and want to discuss it, and will talk about it for 50 pages to come. You are the worst and I hope Prosper rapes your mothers, then animates it. In extreme detail.

IvfxpwP.gif

I just wanted to point out that this thread has gone on for a lot more than 50 pages.
I'd like to point out that I still haven't played this game and never plan to. GIF still appropriate.

Servo

Arcane
By the way, Benedict Cumberbatch is brilliant as Sherlock. Highly recommended viewing.

Servo

Arcane
No one's angry bro. You angry bro? WHY U ANGRY BRO?!

Except Phantasmal he's clearly angry bro.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
I'm glad I'm far from being the only one that felt that way about the game. It was beautiful, but dumb and boring as hell up until the last plot twists, which were okay. Not great, but at least I didn't expect them.
I'm also glad I waited until it was on sale.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
BioShock Infinite is currently on sale for $10 thanks to the Holiday Sale, so I determined to find out whether or not it's as linear and on-rails as the title of this thread suggests. I haven't been keeping up with it.

I found this, in addition to loads of apologists opining that it's okay to be linear as fuck as long the graphics are good and there are enough set pieces and cinematic QTEs:

FI7D7eX.jpg

:keepmymoney: BioShock: Finite, not even worth a pirate.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The combat hasn't even improved from Bioshock 1, which already had fairly clunky combat that was alleviated by the adequate amount of depth to the levels and weapon variety allowing for different approaches to combat. The developers literally made the shittiest part of its predecessors the main focus of the game, while actually having the gall to make it outright worse in the process with a two-weapon limit and lack of variety in Vigors (virtually all of them was just some variation of AoE stun).

FeelTheRads

Arcane
But at least it has an immersive narrative, am I right?

By the way, is that "return to combat area" a real thing? It was in "if Quake was done today" too. What happens if you don't return to combat area?

I'm so glad I don't have to grow up with these games.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I don't remember invisible walls in Doom guiding you through a scripted story or fight, buk OK, you couldn't be Clockwork Knight if you didn't play the devil's advocate. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom