Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I played few hours and I already regret I wasted $7 for this.
Bloom hurts my eyes, I hate the art direction and the game itself is boring as fuck.
But but but...the 9s and the 10s and GOTY awards..you playing it wrong dood

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Alright, finished the Bioshock: Inception. Took me about 5 sittings, or 12 hours in total cause I was getting bored after 2 hours or so.
I liked the last hour or two after the blue eyed got captured again and the ending was pretty cool altho I dont see much logic in it, but with this multiworld shit you can get away with anything it seems.

So the end game was cool but it cant carry the first 10 hours of the game that you have to get through. Its a simple shooter with no interactivity besides looting trash cans.
Game feels lite it lacks half of the planned content, the awesome world, million awesome details wasted on closed doors, simple combat scenes till you reach next scripted event, copy x10 and you got the game.
It would work better as a RPG or an adventure game instead of blowing some pointless dudes heads off. Shame.
6/10

Oh, and scripted events are way too good sometimes, after the inception revolution began there is a scene where you have to fight your way back with the vox soldiers. I jumped on the rails and to the other side to flank while the vox soldiers were behind. Game would spawn 2 after 2 soldiers every few seconds for like 5 minutes non stop till the vox soldiers fought their way through. I seemed to jump over a trigger that would make em stop spawning.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
6/10? Did you add 2 because of the MAJESTIVISCERAL combat?

To be honest it is oddly satisfying the first time you rip someone's head off with the Skyhook and send blood flying everywhere.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Well, above average and thats mostly cause the world they built is just freaking cool and a marvel to look at. Downside is that they didnt do much about it, its there to be looked at and then nothing. Few secret(locked) ares here and there and rest is pretty corridors.
I didnt hated it, I was just "bored" you can say that, it doesnt make you think or anything else besides "see bad guy=shoot bad guy" and "watch cutscene". Unless you wanna talk about inception/multiverse theme.
I really dont know where those 9's and 10's are coming from, its a mediocre shooter with lots of shiny and you have to plow through 10 hours of lame shooting to get to the good parts.

Oh and you get an achievement for looting tru 200 trash cans. Truly a next gen game and sets a new standard for all games to be judged against.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I really dont know where those 9's and 10's are coming from, its a mediocre shooter with lots of shiny and you have to plow through 10 hours of lame shooting to get to the good parts.

Same place all the other shitgames get their scores from. Sycophant gaming journos sucking the cocks of the big publishers in order to stay on the "exclusive review" list.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think it's 10 times more likely reviewers just enjoy pretty, simplistic games that match their political and social ideologies.

Probably a mix of those. Reviewers usually enjoy the usual AAA games, and in the rare case they don't, they wouldn't dare speak against it unless everyone else is doing it, or they can say bye-bye to future interviews and exclusives. Plus, most readers also enjoy AAA games, and people like being told they have good taste. Say that the new hot FPS is shit and people will disregard you as someone who doesn't know anything about games, migrating to a rival magazine who knows their stuff and gives the game a 10/10 GOTY ALL YEARS. Add to that the people who will leave when you don't get the exclusive on the new hot FPS, then...

I don't believe that all vidya journalists are part of a big conspiracy to make games suck more and more, but there is no incentive whatsoever for them to be honest, even if they want to.

aris

Arcane
Just finished the first episode of burial at sea, fantastic graphics, gameplay improved several notches; Areas a little less linear, less arena like for the most part, resources are incredibly scarce and when played at the highest difficulties it is actually very tough. Add the fact that Infinite is one of the few games in history that actuall punishes you harshly for dying, you get some pretty tense moments from time to time, which is great. You have the usual stunning graphics, artwork, visual and audio design. It's a wonderful realization of rapture before its fall, BUT
Story was lazy as hell, a complete rehash of the story from bioshock infinite, even the ending was identical, only within two hours, which made it lose even more impact. Also, why the hell is Sally still alive as a little sister if she got decapitated when the other booker/comstock took her?
I give it :3/5: when inside the season pass, :2/5: if you consider the price when not bought in the season pass.

btw, where are all the conspiracies about "garme gurnalists r bought!!!!!11"? Not so sure that your retarded ideas hold water anymore?
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite-burial-at-sea---episode-one/critic-reviews

Last edited:

retardation

Learned

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Bioshock Infinite is an anti-apartheid game and it sends a strong anti-zionist message in its second half. That's why "journalists" went nuts after initially being awesomed by the game. If anything, it proves the conspiracy.

Pretty sure everyone's opinion of every piece of media hinges at least in part on their agreement with its message.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I didn't even make it halfway through that banalshitboring shooting gallery. How is it anti-Zionist?

Pretty sure a lot of peoples' thoughts on the political message of both games is slightly... warped, let's say. Several people in this thread hated the game before it ever came out simply because they see Levine as a communist.

The game only mentions Jews as a thing people on Columbia hate, because they are extremely racist and jingoist. The only anti-Zionist message I could see is that the game puts a negative context on a radical independent state acting with violent preemptive strike tendencies.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Problem in the game is that they didnt go anywhere with it. Whatever message they wanted to send.
Everything feels too shallow cause they give you the guns and you forget everything cause youre shooting people and running with blue eyed girl.
Its like they forgot everything they introduced you to in the first two hours.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Problem in the game is that they didnt go anywhere with it. Whatever message they wanted to send.
Everything feels too shallow cause they give you the guns and you forget everything cause youre shooting people and running with blue eyed girl.
Its like they forgot everything they introduced you to in the first two hours.

Even if without guns, this game is as deep as an essay by a third-grader. "Racism bad! Religious fanaticism stupid!" is all this movie game has to say.

Had it been a real movie, it'd be ripped to pieces by the proper critics for its shallow writing, stupid plot and cardboard characters.

At least Last of Us could qualify as an OK film. Infinite Bioshlock could not.

retardation

Learned
The game only mentions Jews as a thing people on Columbia hate, because they are extremely racist and jingoist. The only anti-Zionist message I could see is that the game puts a negative context on a radical independent state acting with violent preemptive strike tendencies.

Not only that, it also touches the very important subject of what happens when the oppressed come to power. Also, there are other more subtle ideas, but I'd have to write them which I'm too lazy to do.

aris

Arcane
btw, where are all the conspiracies about "garme gurnalists r bought!!!!!11"? Not so sure that your retarded ideas hold water anymore?
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite-burial-at-sea---episode-one/critic-reviews

Bioshock Infinite is an anti-apartheid game and it sends a strong anti-zionist message in its second half. That's why "journalists" went nuts after initially being awesomed by the game. If anything, it proves the conspiracy.
WTF? It deals with racism (though doesn't give lectures one way or the other), and make fun of tea-party republicans, sure, but anti-zionist?? Where the hell does that come from?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

WTF? It deals with racism (though doesn't give lectures one way or the other), and make fun of tea-party republicans, sure, but anti-zionist?? Where the hell does that come from?

I haven't played but but I'm guessing they were trying to come off as "balanced" in the typical liberal way that ends up pissing everybody off instead.

aris

Arcane
Well I know the only thing that wouldn't piss you off would be a white supremacy one side propaganda piece of a game, so you are hard to please.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
some cringey comments:
I cried during Bioshock Infinite. The gripping story, the masterful deconstruction of racism in the old time America, and the incredible setting are all woven together to create gamings perfect quilt. Obviously it was over most "gamers" heads
Bioshock's mental aspect has never been about the gameplay
No one who played Bioshock Infinite and understood half of it, would call it as deep as a spoon, you did not understand scrap about this game, its meaning, or its purpose.
might be trolls but theese days you never know.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Yeah, but:
Finding the keyhole of my door when drunk is a much harder puzzle than the bells.
Maybe I'm missing the joke or late to the party, but isn't Wounded Knee an actual location?
Yep, but an average bioshock player thinks it to be a meme quotation.
How in the world would the racism go over peoples heads? It couldn't have been more obvious even if they wore a shirt that says I am a racist person. I liked the game but MY GOD is it REALLY overrated. The gameplay was a simplified version of the previous Bioshock games. And how are we not gamers because we want a fun game? I can really understand why some people didn't like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom