Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bobby Kotick is at it again.

Felix

Arcane
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=265559

"Bungie are a very unusual company," Kotick told the America Merrill Lynch Media, Comms and Entertainment conference.

"They're probably the last remaining high quality independent developer. It's very hard to [pauses]... that has sort of has institutional skills and capabilities. And they're a real company.

:what:

fucking jew.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
OK, I hate kotick as much as the next guy, but that title is somewhat deceptive and inflammatory. Those were downright tame compared to what I'm used to reading from kotick.

Harold

Arcane
"Bungie are a very unusual company," Kotick told the America Merrill Lynch Media, Comms and Entertainment conference.

"They're probably the last remaining high quality independent developer. It's very hard to [pauses]... that has sort of has institutional skills and capabilities. And they're a real company.

No wonder Blizzard is going down the shitter if that's what he thinks.

Xor said:
Those were downright tame compared to what I'm used to reading from kotick.

Agreed, at least it's no "We pretty much told everyone, fuck imagination or good gameplay, just make it sell."

waywardOne

Arcane
bungie sold their soul to get Halo made, otherwise they don't survive myth 2's bungled release.

i think they're out from under MS's yoke now. we'll see if they can get their soul back.

Destroid

Arcane
I believe that was the point. Wasn't the whole reason they wanted to leave because they were sick of making Halo games but MS wasn't interested in anything else?

Rhalle

Magister
Harold said:

No wonder Blizzard is going down the shitter if that's what he thinks.

He knows nothing but corporate management/CEO shit.

Nothing at all about games, and doesn't care to know. He'll just say whatever.

bert

Arcane
waywardOne said:
bungie sold their soul to get Halo made, otherwise they don't survive myth 2's bungled release.

i think they're out from under MS's yoke now. we'll see if they can get their soul back.

If they make a Myth 4...

Good lord. I don't want to imagine it.

waywardOne

Arcane
bert said:
waywardOne said:

If they make a Myth 4...

Good lord. I don't want to imagine it.

my fantasy is that they do a mmo but with players as nations.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
MetalCraze said:
Bobby Kotick is such a jew, such a jew but I bought his Starcraft 2 anyway! FIGHTAN DA POWA

I can't help but agree with the gentleman above.

racofer

Thread Incliner
166n4f4.jpg

JarlFrank said:
So "independent developer" for Mr Kotick probably means "they don't belong to meeee!!"

Yes, and "high quality" for Kotick means "Makes lots of money."

Are people seriously getting their panties in a knot over Kotick displaying that he doesn't know much about game quality? You might as well ask Steve Jobs about the technical details of how his newest ICrap works.

DraQ

Arcane
Red Russian said:
You sly bugger you.You've been watching the progress on the A-10C from Digital Combat Simulations, haven't you. :smug:
Nope, but I've always considered GAU-8/A to be pretty impressive piece of hardware. Kotick getting pulverized by a barrage of 30mm rounds would certainly be a hilarious sight, hopefully he would get to make "Oh Shi-" face before getting shredded, for some extra lulz.

Phelot

Arcane
waywardOne said:

What happened during the release of Myth 2?

TBH I don't get why they sold out to MS other then being tired of being broke all the time :lol: but yeah I was pissed.

Good to see they're free, but I doubt they'll ever do anything worthwhile. I wish they had tried their hand at an RPG. They used to make some really great stories and even Halo seems to have a decent story for popamole.

Perhaps an RPG set in the Myth world using the GURPS license. I mean, they already made the core system.

51SEJEPEF5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Oh well, they were a great company and I still consider Pathways into Darkness, Marathon, and Myth to be some of the best games ever.

waywardOne

Arcane
phelot said:
What happened during the release of Myth 2?
the installer erased your hard drive. the version that they released after was actually a previous one. the "real" m2 had more features including 32-player support instead of TFL's 16. supposedly more cool shit was left out (going on nearly 12 years with my memory of this!), but the installer issue is true.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom