Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brand new! The Circle Jerking Lolocopter from Bioware!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Think of this not as losing an rpg developer, but gaining a western eroge developer.

Since the term 'erotic' is childish and perverted it will be substituted with the far more descriptive 'mature', thus making the new term 'MAture GamE or 'Mage'. Just games with adult people doing adult only things. Bioware is taking a big risk here by starting a whole new market in digital fantasy roleplaying entertainment. Mage games will be the white man's salvation to the depraved japanese hentai industry.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
http://www.petalsandthorns.com/thorns/v ... php?t=5015
It just seem to me that if the game is "realistic" in depicting how women are treated in a medieval society, but realism is dropped entirely when dealing with sexuality in said society. In medieval times women couldn't show a bare wrist or an ankle, let alone have a fling with a stranger. I just don't see this game getting off the hook because it's trying to be "realistic".

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I fucking hate it when idiots only know of Hollywood-history and then make claims about the past based on such faux "knowledge". Medieval Europa was NOT some period of chastity and abstinence! It's only the growth of middle-class during Early Modern period that "Victorian"-morals start to become widely accepted - and thanks to Hollywood et al, retards think that everything in Europe after the Fall of Rome was like middle-class Victorian England.

Still, as DraQ pointed out, most of the people answering here were quite laudable in their comments, quite a surprise.

CrimsonAngel said:
These people are so fucking needy for some kind of loving relation ship that they start to fall for video game characters in a pathetic attempt to find that "true love" they dream of.

Damn right. I've met couple of blokes at uni who fit this description perfectly. Read shitloads of comics and watch anime all the time, when not playing on the computer and have little to no actual contact with flesh&blood human females.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
GarfunkeL said:
http://www.petalsandthorns.com/thorns/viewtopic.php?t=5015
It just seem to me that if the game is "realistic" in depicting how women are treated in a medieval society, but realism is dropped entirely when dealing with sexuality in said society. In medieval times women couldn't show a bare wrist or an ankle, let alone have a fling with a stranger. I just don't see this game getting off the hook because it's trying to be "realistic".

I fucking hate it when idiots only know of Hollywood-history and then make claims about the past based on such faux "knowledge". Medieval Europa was NOT some period of chastity and abstinence! It's only the growth of middle-class during Early Modern period that "Victorian"-morals start to become widely accepted - and thanks to Hollywood et al, retards think that everything in Europe after the Fall of Rome was like middle-class Victorian England.
Though even then it should be pointed out that due to the sexual repression everyone subjected themselves to in public, Victorian London was teeming with prostitutes and closed-doors debauchery of all sorts.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Vaarna_Aarne said:
GarfunkeL said:
http://www.petalsandthorns.com/thorns/viewtopic.php?t=5015

Though even then it should be pointed out that due to the sexual repression everyone subjected themselves to in public, Victorian London was teeming with prostitutes and closed-doors debauchery of all sorts.

Indeed, out society kinda thinks we're the top of the debauchery and sexual freedom, but really nothing has changed much in the last 2000 years. Flings, cheating, one-nighters... It's all been there, at all times. The only difference has been in how big a fuss of the stuff society made.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's definately something of a cultural thing though. As a species, humans are in what would be permanent heat and ovulation in other species, and long-term (often monogamous) pairing is genetically wired into us.

Being prude however is definately caused by cultural evolution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom