Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brand new! The Circle Jerking Lolocopter from Bioware!

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
sgc_meltdown said:
fellas

You can't criticise the bioware forums because you haven't read enough threads there.

And if you've read all the threads at least seven times that means you liked the community enough to read that much.
fixed now :M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The trolling is getting a bit old. Too much desensitizes them quickly, and then no more lulz will be had.

Still, when you get stuff like:

I don't quite frankly care what some reviewer has to say. They're paid to be as ****y as they want to a game anyway, so it doesn't matter for them.

This just hammers home the point that the denizens of Bioware Social are fundamentally the antithesis to the Codex.

[img:2g65til3]http://social.bioware.com/da_game_other/portraits/2433000/2432740/2432740.png[/img] said:
I want Dragon Age to be more like God of War because I love god of war.Forget that old choppy RPG style its time for RPGs to have style.I am pretty sure OP is a internet thug from RPG Codex.What up Gangster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wussupppppp

word is bond.

why do so many of their avatars look depressed?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
:retarded: said:
I don't quite frankly care what some reviewer has to say. They're paid to be as ****y as they want to a game anyway, so it doesn't matter for them.

It's like this person lives in an alternate reality where reviewers trash games instead of give them all glowing praise.

low standards said:
Change is something most people fear.
i trust bioware in writting a great story, and story is what i look on a game!
The rest just need to be seen due time!

I can't even understand how people could think Bioware's stories are good.

:what: said:
Who wrote this 'article'? It seems rather misinformed and biased tbh. I play it exactly like Origins. Yes, I press pause maybe every 3-4 seconds, so what? Button mashing not happening, at least on PC. And making a reference to an ancient Bethesda game that most people have never heard of isn't really bright either. Especially because it had button mashing as well, just like Morrowind and Oblivion.

I just...don't...what the fuck.

I agree with pretty much everything that was said but that won't stop me from playing the game. I'll still play it and still love it and Skyrim will be out at the end of the year so I'll have my classic rpg (hopefully). There is no doubt about it in my mind, DA2 is an action rpg written with console players in mind. Like it or not, it is the truth. Now I do like it, don't get me wrong. I like games where the combat is so intense it gets your heart rate up, but I also love the classic rpg style of game. Origins is my favorite game and I'll play it for years to come even though I know the outcome.

OK, I have to stop reading that thread before I take SAN damage.

Stabwound

Arcane
waywardOne said:
i'm pretty sure there's a correlation between the decline of so-called RPGs and the increase in female gamers. sim shit is fueled by estrogen. i would bet hard-earned cash that bioware has the highest % of girls/women/faggots in their fanbase.

You are almost certainly right. That's probably why they come across like Twilight fans when I read the forum.

J_J_M

Educated
CrimsonAngel said:
The biobords have always unnerved me.

They are creepy in a way that make us look normal.
OUR General is filled to the brim with crazy sons of bitches, but is mostly played for laugh.

They on the other hand bioboard is starting to remind me more and more of Japanese super Otakus who celebrate Anime characters birthday and are truly in love with them.
They are freaking me out.
2rcwz5s.jpg

J_J_M

Educated
waywardOne said:
i'm pretty sure there's a correlation between the decline of so-called RPGs and the increase in female gamers. sim shit is fueled by estrogen. i would bet hard-earned cash that bioware has the highest % of girls/women/faggots in their fanbase.
You know what? That's exactly what I've been saying for the past few years now. Bioware games are gradually turning into God damn episodic soap opera in video game format. The fans revel in the character interaction, drama, romance and all that less important shit in RPGs. Notice all the biggest threads on the forums are "OMG what did Tali do and say in Mass Effect kawaii uguu~ ^___^". It's a stark contrast from what the Baldur's Gate era forums used to look like. Now Bioware has taken notice to these changing demographics, and are catering to these lowlife deviants, who think cRPGs are their new medium.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
J_J_M said:
CrimsonAngel said:

OUR General is filled to the brim with crazy sons of bitches, but is mostly played for laugh.

They on the other hand bioboard is starting to remind me more and more of Japanese super Otakus who celebrate Anime characters birthday and are truly in love with them.
2rcwz5s.jpg

Pretty sure he's trolling.

DraQ

Arcane
waywardOne said:
i'm pretty sure there's a correlation between the decline of so-called RPGs and the increase in female gamers. sim shit is fueled by estrogen.
My GF would beat you comatose at this point.
:smug:

Then again, she would probably beat any of the biotards comatose too if they as much as disgraced her vicinity with their presence.

Quilty

Magister
Origins is my favorite game and I'll play it for years to come even though I know the outcome.

Replace Origins with PS:T and you've basically described the codex's motto. :M

We have so much in common with Biotards, we just haven't realized it yet.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
treave said:
The trolling is getting a bit old. Too much desensitizes them quickly, and then no more lulz will be had.

Still, when you get stuff like:

This just hammers home the point that the denizens of Bioware Social are fundamentally the antithesis to the Codex.

What does "****y" mean?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
CrimsonAngel said:

93554__468x_otaku-vs-mikoto.jpg

Just a matter of time.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Xor said:
I thought so at first but... check the join date. And the DAO and ME2 icons. An oldfag trolling on Bioboards? unlikely...

DraQ said:
Then again, she would probably beat any of the biotards comatose too if they as much as disgraced her vicinity with their presence.
Is she also a gamer? Because if yes (bonus points for being a hardcore RPG gamer, super-ultra-bonus points if she's a wargamer) then I would absolutely pay for the sight. :incline: of female gamers.

Captain Shrek

I am unable to comprehend why the fuck we need to bother with bioretards? You will never convert them. All they are good for is a nice dose of trolling and occasional lulz.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
DraQ said:
waywardOne said:
i'm pretty sure there's a correlation between the decline of so-called RPGs and the increase in female gamers. sim shit is fueled by estrogen.
My GF would beat you comatose at this point.
:smug:

Is your girlfriend a monitor lizard?

DraQ

Arcane
Sceptic said:
Xor said:
I thought so at first but... check the join date. And the DAO and ME2 icons. An oldfag trolling on Bioboards? unlikely...

DraQ said:
Is she also a gamer? Because if yes (bonus points for being a hardcore RPG gamer, super-ultra-bonus points if she's a wargamer) then I would absolutely pay for the sight. :incline: of female gamers.
Pretty hardcore. Mostly FPS games (Among those Unreal, UT, Q3A, Stalker, Deus Ex, and so on), but also some RPGs, but those tend to be good RPGs - Morrowind, from modern ones Witcher and Divinity 2, she doesn't like TB, but she did like Wiz8, despite not getting to play it much.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
With videogames I’m opinionated, I study the market. I can usually predict how a game will sell. I’m accurate with sells forecast. I’m also open to a lot of new shit. I like Mass Effect and 2 more than 1. I loved the first 30 hours of Oblivion. And I still hate Dragon Age. When I see so much gushing over Dragon Age I’m at a loss. After the possessed kid quest the game was about as boring as RPGs get. It was almost dogmatically boring. It felt like stat requirements, level scaling, inflated hitpoints were all purposely put in the game to railroad you into more boring filler combat. Biowares audience has Bethesda’s beat. When the Darth Ex responded to the Descrutoid article about how inflated hp and filler combat caused many to quit the initial reaction on the board was “Go play JRPGs if you want to grind!”.

Motherfuck how did they come to that conclusion? I think their logic was that the hp bloat and the filler combat were symbiotic with level scaling so if you didn’t like the filler, and high hp counts you must want to play a game with tough bosses that you have to grind to beat. That’s the only logic I could find which is ass backwards. Anyone that doesn’t like filler probably doesn’t want to grind and anyone that’s bothered by high hp counts probably isn’t going to look to JRPGs.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
J_J_M said:
waywardOne said:
You know what? That's exactly what I've been saying for the past few years now. Bioware games are gradually turning into God damn episodic soap opera in video game format. The fans revel in the character interaction, drama, romance and all that less important shit in RPGs. Notice all the biggest threads on the forums are "OMG what did Tali do and say in Mass Effect kawaii uguu~ ^___^". It's a stark contrast from what the Baldur's Gate era forums used to look like. Now Bioware has taken notice to these changing demographics, and are catering to these lowlife deviants, who think cRPGs are their new medium.

I would not blame it on women becaus it would excuses a HUGE amount of these love struck boys who flutter about.
We all know these guys the friendzone/virgins who sit around dreaming about the day they will find true love or that girl they are friends with will see them for the man that he is and they will be together for ever.
You know fucking retards.

These people are so fucking needy for some kind of loving relation ship that they start to fall for video game characters in a pathetic attempt to find that "true love" they dream of.

Xor

Arcane
Captain Shrek said:
I am unable to comprehend why the fuck we need to bother with bioretards? You will never convert them. All they are good for is a nice dose of trolling and occasional lulz.

Understanding your enemy is critical to victory.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom