Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brofisting and other weird new fangled shit

Absinthe

Arcane
What do you have against tits?
That's a loaded question, mate. It's not that I have anything against tits. It's just that brofist count is completely useless as a metric to figuring out how "respectable" you are as a poster.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Ok, Taluntain Since you say so

When I search, it seems to search Shoutbox also. Now, I am a magmanimous man who wont judge another just for indulging themselves with Shoutbox mud, I do. But I dont want to search there. Can we have anything that block search perform in shoutbox archives?

Like the checkbox Search this forum only, can we have a checkbox Exclude Shoutbox Archives? Pretty please?
You can use ctrl button to click on several different sections of the forums to search.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Shoutbox is Retardo Land, ignore Retardo Land or don't select Retardo Land and you shouldn't get any Shoutbox results.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not even sure why brofist harvesting is against the rules.

Brofists are a meaningless metric since the introduction of the brofist bets. If anything brofist harvesting should be laughed at and looked upon with pity.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I never understood people who try and prevent save-scumming. If I want to save-scum, fuck you. It's not a multiplayer game. It doesn't affect anyone's game other than my own. If that's how I have fun with your shitty game, why is it anybody else's problem?

whatevername

Arcane
I never understood people who try and prevent save-scumming. If I want to save-scum, fuck you. It's not a multiplayer game. It doesn't affect anyone's game other than my own. If that's how I have fun with your shitty game, why is it anybody else's problem?
What you're doing is giving yourself an ability akin to Tom Cruise's character in Edge of Tomorrow. But unlike him, instead of looking for exploits, coming up with new strategies or adapting, you're not improving your skills and your brain atrophies bit by bit with each reload. Hence the lawyers of the game company don't want you to sue them for severe brain damage and some of them even force the devs to implement savescumming protection.
:troll:

butchy

Prospernaut
It's actually akin to saying "You say stupid crap to get attention." Kinda like that one guy at every dinner party or family meetup. The one who, no matter how exciting your life is, has to one up you. You might be a doctor, in which case he'll say shit like he's a submarine captain who cured cancer. You know the one I'm talkin about, the loud mouth liar.

Inb4 I will find you with my marine friends and kill you kid.

No it isn't. Not according to the dictionary.

Mustawd

What you're doing is giving yourself an ability akin to Tom Cruise's character in Edge of Tomorrow. But unlike him, instead of looking for exploits, coming up with new strategies or adapting, you're not improving your skills and your brain atrophies bit by bit with each reload. Hence the lawyers of the game company don't want you to sue them for severe brain damage and some of them even force the devs to implement savescumming protection.
:troll:

Fuck Tom Cruise.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
YK7OKdz.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom