Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone wins settlement after lawsuit over sexual assault accusations

since the "lawsuit" was basically hysterical screeching of a lonely neurotic woman
While lonely neurotic women being put in their place isn't something to particularly cheer about, it still feels like a bit of normalcy was restored to the world.
I think we need every little bit of this and it might even be a useful reality check for mentally ill people of twatter. At least some of them might double check the shit they post now that there are apparently consequences in the adult world.
rest assured brother, twitter isn't real life and does not matter. rejoice, for Chris has won a victory this day.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Avellone worked on both Kingmaker and WotR, and is now working on Rogue Trader. Owlcat never ditched Avellone.
Owlcat made the video private but a community manager confirmed that they let him go. They just had enough respect for him/fear of their core audience's reaction not to go grave-dancing, unlike others. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...retracted-victory-for-mca.133607/post-7174998

Avellone also confirmed last year that he didn't get a chance to do much of anything on Wrath https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/chris-avellone-appreciation-station.101693/post-7700804

jackofshadows

Magister
Obligatory
joker-movie-joker.gif

bionicman

Augur
I'll use this opportunity to apologize to mr. avellone for calling him a sex pest that one time, please don't sue me good sir

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They cost this man a lot of money, his livelihood basically

He got paid 7 figures

He got awarded 7 figures. The only significant part of that he will ever see is the hundreds of thousands of dollars of legal fees Chris was supposed to pay Karissa's pro bono lawyer. I assume they hadn't paid him yet as they were waiting for the end of the case, so now Chris doesn't have to pay him.

But actual cash or assets from the two women? I doubt they will pay more than a tiny amount, and I don't think Chris is going to hound them for his money.

It is up to Chris to make the efforts to collect, after all. If he wants to use the legal system to collect, like wage garnishment or seizing assets from them, then he has to start up yet another costly court action to prove to the court that he has tried to collect and they have refused to pay despite having the means to do so.

Having them agree to pay a settlement they clearly will never be able to pay was probably more about putting an exclamation point on the retraction of their previous statements and establishing that they agree that their defamation did cause significant financial harm to MCA.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If you are reading this MCA please sue the gaming journos next. I would love to see that rat faced Schreier begging in the streets.

Reporting and covering on accusations, and straight defamation are two vastly different things. Engaging in this is a sure way of losing the money he's got from this issue.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
It's undeniably the most nazi friendy forum in the gaming sphere tbh

you can't at once be like free speech absolutist then cry when people say they don't think that's the best thing

anyhow happy that avellone got name largely cleaned, not sure if he will manage to recover his career, but hopefully in the future the way the companies will operate is put the accused on probation until legal deliberation rather than full black listing

Ryzer

Arcane
u3kqTuZ.png

Retardera still wants Avellone to be cancelled even after his vindication and hates this forum. :lol:
:positive:
Nazi friendly forum? Sue them ! 7 digits guys ! 7 digits ! worth it to try.
Believe me friend, you don't want the court to investigate this website.
If you are reading this MCA please sue the gaming journos next. I would love to see that rat faced Schreier begging in the streets.

Reporting and covering on accusations, and straight defamation are two vastly different things. Engaging in this is a sure way of losing the money he's got from this issue.
He can ask for that article that relayed the affair to be removed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom