Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Bloodbowl League

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Now, hold on a second. You can't start a new league without some Lagole Gon gloating.

Let's begin.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
ATHENS-AUGUST-23-L-R-An-emotional-Sara-Mc-Mann-of-the-USA-silver-medalist-Kaori-Icho-of-Japan-Gold-m.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
And the final result is:
L9i40TP.png

Can't help but wonder if maybe humies had ended up higher on the list if they hadn't tagged in after 2 games.

I seriously expected the league to crash and burn before the first matchday was over, but instead we blazed through the entire competition in record time. 7 matchdays in just over 3 weeks is great speed, and more than twice as fast as codex bb usually goes. Because of this, we are all winners :salute:

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane
bionicman are you around today? We still have a pending match to finish up the Codex side league.

I am free for the next 3 or 4 hours if you're available, if not then it'll probably have to wait until tomorrow.

Sorry, I wasn't at my computer. I'm here now if you'd like to play. If it's too late now, then we'll play tomorrow.

All good man, you just missed me unfortunately.

Sometime tomorrow should be fine, just message me on here when you're free.

boot

Prophet
Incels didnt win a single game very fitting.

So should we open another tournament with same format? This time allowing experienced teams, and with a bye week against AI halflings if we can't fill the final slot? I dont want to do a stunty tournament

vazha

Arcane
Nah, I am still butthurt as hell at the moment. Will let you gentlemanos know if the pain is numbed down enough for me to take another hit at my massively inflated ego

Zanzoken

Arcane
How about we create a second league that operates solely for pick-up games? Completely casual... play whenever you want, manage as many teams as you want, try out new races, whatever. That way those who still want to play can keep getting reps, while others cool off.

And later on when everyone is ready, we'll start up another Grand Open like the one we just completed, with scheduled games and all that.

Harthwain

Magister
This time allowing experienced teams, and with a bye week against AI halflings if we can't fill the final slot? I dont want to do a stunty tournament
If you add AI to the mix I would recommend setting AI to Easy (I don't know how the level of AI is set in multiplayer leagues).

Counter-intuitively Easy AI is harder than all the other AIs, because it isn't shackled by its desire to make only safe rolls (which can lead to some bizzare situations, especially when playing against Hard AI), while Easy AI can be a bit too eager at times, but also attempts more risky stuff when it's appropriate - like a human would - and it can work.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
This time allowing experienced teams, and with a bye week against AI halflings if we can't fill the final slot? I dont want to do a stunty tournament
If you add AI to the mix I would recommend setting AI to Easy (I don't know how the level of AI is set in multiplayer leagues).

Counter-intuitively Easy AI is harder than all the other AIs, because it isn't shackled by its desire to make only safe rolls (which can lead to some bizzare situations, especially when playing against Hard AI), while Easy AI can be a bit too eager at times, but also attempts more risky stuff when it's appropriate - like a human would - and it can work.

the idea is you add a placeholder team that everyone gets a walkover with by default

Zanzoken

Arcane
Here are the final "Codex Friendly Fourway" results... congrats boot!

NBZrKT5.png

With that we no longer have any active Codex competitions at the moment. The floor is still open for suggestions on how / if we should continue.

Personally I'd be down to set up an open ladder for pick-up games, then at some point run another tournament... perhaps TV 1300 this time? But I just signed up for Reddit rookie league too so if everyone wants to wait a while then that's fine as well.

Harthwain

Magister
I would like to run my current Bretonnian team for a season or two (unless they get viciously mauled by Nuffle) and switch team then.

I like the idea of having an Open Ladder, but can your teams join the different competitions? Or do you mean having two separate leagues with different teams (one to play whenever someonebody wants, the other to play "on schedule")? The upside of the Open Ladder is that you don't need an even number of coaches to play it.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I created a new competition within the existing league called "Codex Open Ladder" with free admission. If you want to play in it with your existing Codex team, all you have to do is quit your team from the Grand Open competition and then join the Open Ladder competition. New teams are welcome to join too, obviously.

There's no schedule or anything, so anyone who is looking for a game should use this thread to link up with someone. When you're ready to play, you both go to the "Play in a league" screen, select the team you registered, then click the "Find an opponent" button in the bottom-right corner.

5FUX4zi.png
The matchmaking tool is random and takes about 5 minutes to make a match, but the idea is that if only two people use it at once then they're guaranteed to connect. It's kind of a wonky system but that's how they do it in the Reddit league I've been playing in and it seems to work well.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Didn't get to watch the final until now. Congrats Lagole Gon, Champion of Codexia :salute::salute::salute::salute:
Well deserved.

Me scoring my one TD of the tournament. Or for that matter, me not finishing last.

As for the tournament as a whole, it was maybe not the greatest success considering how half the coaches have declined to go on to season 2. But I had fun, so thanks to all who participated, and especially those who gave me advice along the way :salute:

Harthwain

Magister
I made a fresh Undead team (it's as an experiment of sorts, on a few levels) for the Codex Open Ladder and I am interested in playing with someone.

I can freely play today (4.05), tomorrow (5.05) and during the weekend (08.05, 09.05).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom