Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The Wall is just bleating that his Turner Diary fantasies aren't being fulfilled, even with the rudimentary worldbuilding it's easy to intuit the dominance of ideological/regional group identities and Christian syncretism as a handwave explanation.
In scenario where there's no free gibz, for example: derelict spaceship with civil war raging, keeping niggers from forming racial gangs and fighting for resources is as sure as 1+1=2

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Look, contrary to modern day wokies and anti-wokies I do not believe that fictional settings should mirror the world we live in, with all its baggage and historical background.

Weird, because that is exactly what I believe in as a "Anti-wokie" maybe there is something wrong with your tribal assesment?
And yet in the next paragraph you state:
The point however is, is that Colony ship is pretty sterile in the setting, I think it is the major problem with the game especially in the conflict between the factions. Racial tensions could have been one thing that could have been used to make the setting feel more alive.
Which would be like, mirroring the world we live in.

Science fiction is not about that.
It's true that you would not have to use racial tension but it's basically served on a platter.
But why?

Also, perhaps ITS didn't want to engage in such type of controversy. Some players turning Colony Ship into black people extermination simulator would hardly serve as a good PR.
Colony ship is a decent game but I would not say it's great, this debate is not how Woke or nor not woke it is but if the developers way of creating a setting and game cost it in the end commercially.
There are many ways of successful worldbuilding. Introducing racial tensions is neither the only, nor the most successful one.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Congratulations, you defeated every single one of my points and examples for the particular sake of defeating them.
Despite I said I don't welcome wokism, man, do I disdain extremes on both sides... Just... whatever.

As for, "What's wrong with black people on a fucking spaceship from Earth heading towards Proxima?"
Yeah, nothing. People saying otherwise are clowns.
Well, you expected Vavra to 'take liberties' with a historical setting to appease the demands of SJWs. That sounded pretty woke to me. Apologies if I read you wrong ;)
Alright, I can see how I could've come across as too much. I just wanted to put things into perspective a bit more.
Thanks for a good feedback, actually.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Colony Ship's problem is that I don't feel or see passion. I feel and see thousands of compromises made by Vault Dweller, on every corner in gameplay and writing, so that his game would be more liked by those that hate him and Age of Decadence. I hate such self-cuckoldry

For example: gameplay is neither hardcore nor easy. Systems are neither innovative nor traditional. Everything is compromise in order for max amount of potential Players to make compromise with themselves and buy a game. Makes me sick. I repeat: Cult of Lamb is sincere satanic game about child sacrifice and pedo orgies. SINCERE is key

Colony Ship is not sincere. Its assholes are not sincere assholes like Miltiades was. Everything feels: FOX NEWZ

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Last thing I''ll say for today about Colony Ship: it's disgraceful that Morrowind NPCs have more life in them. From 2000motherfucking3. That's not only thing that shows severe lack of talent and knowledge from good programmers on team. Something 99% of indies suffer today and why games are so unoptimized, uninnovative and take 7 years. If you knew how much average Game Dev (not programmer, dev) is incapable in reality, many things would make much more sense to you. Modern Game Engines like Unreal are mountains 99 layers of abstraction high and most Devs literally don't know what exactly they're doing. Also that's reason why solo dev who happens to be good programmer and decent designer can make wonders today and all those famous solo dev hits on Steam. Tim Cain was first and foremost: damn good programmer

When's your birthday Vault Dweller? I gotta buy you this book:
images

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Which would be like, mirroring the world we live in.

Science fiction is not about that.

Listen, the issue is that Colony ship is pretty stale in a few aspects (I still liked it btw.) and in this thread people are throwing things at the wall (hurdur) to see what sticks. And this is one of the aspects that are not only easy to do but also make sense in such a setting.

For all I care they could have made the conflict between the factions way more pronounced, the factions a lot more different (especially not only having exactly one quest for each) and the content less backloaded into the game an achieved the same things. As it is, there is a huge Void until you reach the Hub with the factions and even then it's rather lacking in motivation for the player.

The Idea of Science fiction is certainly not to avoid any topics that may be found in reality and supplant it with exactly nothing.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Colony Ship is ok. For title from 2023 - completely ok. And that's my big disappointment

P.S. If you made such dark game (both literally and figuratively) then you gotta have light as prominent gameplay mechanic and you should have more truly dark things done by Humans and to Humans. Inspired by edgy anime and dark parts of Human Psychology and Nature. Ask important questions, don't give answer to all. Also offer flame of hope

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Well, at least it's full of based nigger characters. Like your typical FOX series
QFT.

I've had this discussion over 4 years ago:

I don't like the political correctness on this, even Vince is afraid that someone might get offended if the colonists were all white. I also don't like the way (fake) church is being presented but whatever. If the game will turn out great this won't matter that much, for now I want to be prepared for a disaster to not end up disappointed. At this point though I'm sure it will be way less interesting than AoD which is perfect for my tastes so naturally it can only get worse from there (waiting on being proved wrong in 2022).
Goral criticizing Iron Tower devs? Have the hell frozen?
lol
I've criticized AoD quite often (also on RPG Codex), especially when it wasn't in 1.0 state, you just don't know it. As for my fanboy tag, weaboo-lover Crooked Bee got butthurt and gave it to me and it was at the time I've practically stopped writing about AoD, my "fanboyness" is the same as Fallout fanboyness of most users here (and when you look at Underrail subforum you will see some real fanboys who got butthurt, created threads about me because I didn't praise Underrail enough and praised AoD too much in comparison).

Anyway, so far IT is a one-trick pony and not wanting to spoil myself too much I'm not following all the news that closely, only bits and pieces. Which is why when I see a nigger "bishop" I'm starting to be concerned how far it will go.
and in the next post:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-new-world-update-22.119804/post-5436186
In actual game it turned out to be much worse though with almost every vendor being a nigger which is doubly hilarious considering that niggers steal in shops not sell.

Beans00

Augur
So since I last posted bitching about CS I decided to actually playthrough the game. I quit pretty early on so I restarted the game and am now in chapter 3. I have a question for any of the people who love this game.

Is it easier to side with the monks, or stay sided with the protectorate. All I have left is to explore the bottom levels of mission control(which I will do today) and then the quest chain with the monks ala some assembly required. I have not been to the heart yet and will be going there after I finish mission control.

I don't give a shit about anything thematically, I hate the combat and bypass it whenever I can at this point. I just want to know which will be easier to end the game quicker. Monks or not monks.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
So since I last posted bitching about CS I decided to actually playthrough the game. I quit pretty early on so I restarted the game and am now in chapter 3. I have a question for any of the people who love this game.

Is it easier to side with the monks, or stay sided with the protectorate. All I have left is to explore the bottom levels of mission control(which I will do today) and then the quest chain with the monks ala some assembly required. I have not been to the heart yet and will be going there after I finish mission control.

I don't give a shit about anything thematically, I hate the combat and bypass it whenever I can at this point. I just want to know which will be easier to end the game quicker. Monks or not monks.
There is no difference between the factions afaik outside the one quest you do for them to get the option to ally with them.

If there is a difference it's miniscule.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

monks are easier, consider them fallback option. Due to missing sneakery checks, if you went pure sneaking you might be forced to chose them for example.

monks are able to delete opponents without your character contributing anything. But those moments are rare, normally you just hit next, next, next

Beans00

Augur

monks are easier, consider them fallback option. Due to missing sneakery checks, if you went pure sneaking you might be forced to chose them for example.

monks are able to delete opponents without your character contributing anything. But those moments are rare, normally you just hit next, next, next

My highest sneaking skill is 3 and I don't think I'll be able to level it up much before the end.

For factions I chose Jonas, mostly because I was too lazy to walk to braxton. I don't really have a strong opinion on these two, both seem like dickheads. Mercy is a religious retard and I didn't see the option to choose her, but I got her to join Jonas.

Protectorate are based military guys
Brotherhood are cucks
Church is religious retards

I did all the quests for each faction. Honestly none of them really gave me much of an opinion since all 3 were literally the same level of characterization(not much). The protectorate had the best music and seemed the least pussy so I chose them. Pretty much the end of my rationale.

I don't understand how people are angry about the black bishop though. The pope literally kisses black peoples feet in real life and the catholic church encouraged race mixing in the new world and in European controlled African colonies.

pope-francis-1.jpg

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

My highest sneaking skill is 3 and I don't think I'll be able to level it up much before the end.

For factions I chose Jonas, mostly because I was too lazy to walk to braxton. I don't really have a strong opinion on these two, both seem like dickheads. Mercy is a religious retard and I didn't see the option to choose her, but I got her to join Jonas.

Protectorate are based military guys
Brotherhood are cucks
Church is religious retards

I did all the quests for each faction. Honestly none of them really gave me much of an opinion since all 3 were literally the same level of characterization(not much). The protectorate had the best music and seemed the least pussy so I chose them. Pretty much the end of my rationale.

I don't understand how people are angry about the black bishop though. The pope literally kisses black peoples feet in real life and the catholic church encouraged race mixing in the new world and in European controlled African colonies.

pope-francis-1.jpg

The pope is a demonic jew

Mauman

Learned
...Some time ago I had a healthy laugh from retards demanding introduction of people of color in medieval rural Bohemia of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Now I have an equally healthy laugh from retards who can't handle that people in futuristic setting might actually represent all skin tones....
Contrary to both popular woke and anti-woke movements, people of color were known and seen around most of medieval Europe, Bohemia (central Europe) included. Rare, perhaps, but known. Now, I suppose the word 'rural' was the focus here. Granted, some backwater villages were completely different from the cosmopolitan areas. Then again, games are supposed to take liberties, and I believe some of those people of color could have settled anywhere across Europe, etc. Vávra's statement, "There were no black people in medieval Czech countries," is rather uninformed.

1. Recently, we found a grave with a black woman in Moravia (Czech Republic), dating to around the 9th century or so.
2. The famous Czech preacher Jan Hus—preaching around the time as KC:D—had one sermon based on "taking an example from Muslims."
3. There's an account of an Arab traveler, one Ibn Fadlan, whose real adventures with Vikings were the basis for the book "Eaters of the Dead" and the famous action flick "13th Warrior."
4. Northern Europeans 'Vikings' had black or Asian slaves, and since we know that there was a possibility to gain 'free man' status, different races might have roamed Europe as people of significance.
5. An interview with a professor of history:
https://psmag.com/education/yes-there-were-poc-in-medieval-europe
etc.

Like, I don't condone this hamfisted overusage of so-called inclusion in gaming and films nowadays, but the real inclusion—someone different from the mainstream from time to time—is on point.
Yes....non-whites were sometimes in Europe.

You could also walk the breadth of Europe your whole life and NEVER meet one. To paraphrase a book I used to read, your odds were about as good as dropping a tennis ball from a 747 and hitting an egg sandwich.

The "pEOPle Of cOLor WeRE blah blah" argument is extremely disingenuous.

thesecret1

Arcane
The entire post is retarded. Most muslims, especially middle eastern and north african ones (the ones medieval europe would have the most experience with) aren't black, and you'd be hard pressed to tell many of them from italians or spaniards, so using muslims as an argument is pretty nonsensical. That's not to say there weren't ANY black muslims at all in Europe at the time – there were, especially in spain/morocco if memory serves – but they weren't especially common even in those areas, and they hardly got to wander into the rest of Europe. Vávra's statement that there were no black people in medieval Bohemia is absolutely correct – there weren't. Mayhaps you'd see one or two pass through once every couple years, but that's about it. And it was the same for the rest of Europe too. Bringing up some (((recently discovered black corpse))) is kind of proving the point rather than defeating it – it's significant precisely because, even after all these decades of studying every piece of old bone discovered, it's the first one belonging to a black person. And that's without getting into the question of whether these discoveries are even real – I recall a supposed "ancient black briton" making the news some time back in the UK, only for it to turn out that the person in question was actually some greek from Cyprus. I expect similar bullshit in this and other such cases – professors desperate to advance their careers by making false claims that, nevertheless, greatly please their patrons.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I didn’t even realize I was missing The Wall’s stream-of-consciousness multi-post rants. Now everything feels normal again.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If you made such dark game (both literally and figuratively) then you gotta have light as prominent gameplay mechanic and you should have more truly dark things done by Humans and to Humans. Inspired by edgy anime and dark parts of Human Psychology and Nature. Ask important questions, don't give answer to all. Also offer flame of hope

Agreed that Colony Ship should've been darker. Being stuck on a tin can in space is a perfect recipe for all kinds of human depravity. Something with the aesthetics of Pandorum, which is actually a half decent scifi horror flick.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If you made such dark game (both literally and figuratively) then you gotta have light as prominent gameplay mechanic and you should have more truly dark things done by Humans and to Humans. Inspired by edgy anime and dark parts of Human Psychology and Nature. Ask important questions, don't give answer to all. Also offer flame of hope

Agreed that Colony Ship should've been darker. Being stuck on a tin can in space is a perfect recipe for all kinds of human depravity. Something with the aesthetics of Pandorum, which is actually a half decent scifi horror flick.
I must disagree. CS is already in a pretty dark place. Your "choices" of where to live are: authoritatian hellhole, communist hellhole and lawless hellhole.

There's no body horror, no real torture or anything like that, but it's still horrendously oppressive.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
day 2 of post apo american movie - humans afraid of food shortages eat each other, harem forms

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom