Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Saduj

Arcane
I hate games where the combat becomes trivial after I intentionally lower the difficulty so that my characters can't die.

:hahano:

Beans00

Augur
I hate games where the combat becomes trivial after I intentionally lower the difficulty so that my characters can't die.

I played with basically all settings except skill points on the hardest setting.

If you think colony ship is hard, you're clearly just terrible at games lol.

Reminder, colony ship is so garbage it is the last rpg ITS will ever make ;)

Beans00

Augur
It's ok beans, it's not your fault, now show us on the doll where VD touched you.

I've had more fun shit talking CS on this topic then I had playing it.

g10outw.png

Discussed with jarlfrank yesterday ;)

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

I played with basically all settings except skill points on the hardest setting.

Skill points pretty much (besides feats) are the meat of the game, both in n out of combat. Cheating on them makes baby Jesus cry

Saduj

Arcane

The other setting you changed is that enemies get a -40% to hit penalty when one of your characters gets below 50% health. Now, if you had simply set everything to the easiest difficulty, you could have played it off like "combat is such shit I just put it on easy mode to make it end faster". But that's not what you did. You changed one specific setting that really only comes into play when your are in danger of losing a fight. You must have done it for a reason and it isn't because combat was too easy for you.

I think the difficulty of CS combat varies greatly depending on the encounter, your build, your allegiances, what consumables you have available and are willing to use, etc. I only played through once. Some fights were very easy. Some fights took me a bunch of tries. And there were a few optional fights that I couldn't beat like that giant worm.

I do give you credit for being honest about the game settings and for having played the game before shitting on it. But I don't get people who, by a large factor, want to post more about games they despise than games they like/are playing. Hopefully you don't become one of them.

Beans00

Augur
The other setting you changed is that enemies get a -40% to hit penalty when one of your characters gets below 50% health. Now, if you had simply set everything to the easiest difficulty, you could have played it off like "combat is such shit I just put it on easy mode to make it end faster". But that's not what you did. You changed one specific setting that really only comes into play when your are in danger of losing a fight. You must have done it for a reason and it isn't because combat was too easy for you.

I think the difficulty of CS combat varies greatly depending on the encounter, your build, your allegiances, what consumables you have available and are willing to use, etc. I only played through once. Some fights were very easy. Some fights took me a bunch of tries. And there were a few optional fights that I couldn't beat like that giant worm.

I do give you credit for being honest about the game settings and for having played the game before shitting on it. But I don't get people who, by a large factor, want to post more about games they despise than games they like/are playing. Hopefully you don't become one of them.

Trust me if I could go back I would have played it on easiest. I only reloaded maybe 5 times during the entire game(at least 4 of those times were against robots). I only played the game for maybe 2-2.5 hours at the most before I quit for several months and restarted. I wanted a compromise in difficulty.

Iluvcheezcake This game has a trash learning by doing system, if I could have cheated or given myself more skill points I would have(although the only skills I really lacked points in were stealth,lockpick and steal... Maybe a much lesser extent computers). Vince D soon to be unemployed thought it best to remove even more player agency in his game.

jackofshadows

Magister
15 years ago when I was 15 years old I saw a thread about one of my favorite games. Siege of avalon! The game that to this day has by far the best writing I have EVER played in any RPG(although the gameplay definitely sucks).
Have no idea about Siege of Avalon writing, haven't played that game but just by the looks of it, you haven't developed over these years at all.

Anyway, it's all completely clear now. A biased slow storyfag, case closed. Except I still don't understand why even play CSG if AoD wasn't to one's liking. It wasn't, right?

Beans00

Augur
lukaszek I was mostly joking posting that, although I do think it's hypocritical VD spent so much time shitting all over BG 1/2(and other games, especially the writing) in particular when we see the games he made. I also hated gorasul so I need to agree with him there.

jackofshadows Yeah I registered heree when I was 15 so I could bitch about nwn 2. I understand you only got a working computer when you were 31 and before that you needed to kill rats to survive and hide from wild dogs. Life in the third world, but now you're bald and need to pay for sex so I guess you've moved up in the world?

I also liked AOD significantly more then colony ship, although AOD certainly wasn't perfect. Colony ship is legitimately a bad game, like 4-5/10 bad.

Also I see one of the ITS devs put me(and others criticizing his shitty game) on ignore, have fun being unemployed weak cuckold(lmao!!). Maybe jackofshadows can take some charity money out of his rogaine/prostitute fund and throw ITS guys a bone.

Beans00

Augur
shitting all over BG 1/2
Now that you're a bit older you should be able to handle this: BG never was, is not and never will be fit to clean the radioactive waste off Fallout's boots.

Yeah no shit, as a kid Fallout blew bg out of the water for me even then. That being said AOD/CS aren't fit to lick the shit off baldur's gate(1-2)'s boots.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,8107.0.html <- even on their dead forums people bitch about this game lmao.

Beans00

Augur
So the reason because this game is disliked is the nihilism in it?

Bad writing and gameplay, a few very vocal fanboys seem to like it. None with the exception of Tavar seem to be able to actually say what they enjoyed about it.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
They are clearly all deliberately made the same, the message being "everyone is a power-hungry faggot only using ideology as a tool to bamboozle fools with." Unfortunately, the message is trite, and something carrying a message doesn't automatically make it good.
Every movement has true believers. But Vault Dweller stopped believing in anything and it's so evident. In both his writing in Colony Ship and his posts on Codex. Only thing he still believes in is Ukraine. Psst! do not report to him news from frontline

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom