Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Corpse Crew Alpha Version 0.4A (Want your input)

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
denizsi said:
Long story short, dear fellow Codexers, this project is real, uh, somewhat. The latest demo build I played just last week was a complete joke compared to the status reports in this thread. Demo was something like this: a very basic terrain with shitty boxes as buildings and trees and stuff. You had a shitty pistol. Shitty zombie models that had lots of missing animations. Sometimes they walk, sometimes they slide. Zombies come after you, but there's no collision, they all end up at the same spot when they reach you, at which point they stop showing any sign of life, except that you start taking damage. Very basic stuff. Nothing wrong with it really, as it looked more like an honest learning experience, but don't get ideas reading his crazy descriptions in this thread.

He said here he has played a demo build. A physical executable. So denizsi, did you delete this demo build off your computer after you played it? Right, I see that. What a shame you couldn't zip it up and post it here. I'd like to see how progress is coming on my own project.

denizsi

Arcane
nomask7 said:
Denizsi, did it ever occur to you that this "Cleve" you talk about might have been some crazy Codexer (such as Chefe) in a quest to "embarass" Cleve, supposedly by spending his days, thanks to social welfare benefits, in an attempt to come up with a decent demo or screen shots before Cleve does? Given this is the Codex, that's the most probable explanation for what you saw. So, do you ever think before posting?

LOL. Reading comprehension = NONE.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
Funny how Denizsi made up this fantastic and elaborate story and not once during this time did he ever link over to that forum, rather he waited until it was taken down "just last week" before telling everybody that screenshots and a web demo had been available for my game.

Hahah, good job! Good that you had the thread removed the moment you saw my first post about your demo build. Almost a day after I first posted about your demo, I went back to find the thread and it was gone. How "convenient" that just when I could prove everything I've said, it's all gone and I wonder why. You really got me!

Also, I don't remember ever saying screenshots. R00FLES!

And again, the "just last week huh" argument. LOL.

What was my nickname over there? Keep elaborating on your little story.

Since the thread is gone, and it was the only thread I've seen that seemed to posted by you, I really can't answer this question. What can I say, you got my by the balls!.

This is why you can't talk about anything on the Codex without the idiots ruining it. This guy is a prime example. My interest was in hearing if anybody else thought there was a demand for this type of game concept. Obviously, stupid to post here on the Codex to hear that kind of discussion.

LOL.

Listen, how was I doing the lighting for my game? Because I've been using a tool here to bake my lightmaps in addition to real time lights and it's 95% of the reason my maps have looked awesome no matter how crappy the architecture was. Surely if I had ever posted so much as a single screenshot over there I would have commented on my lighting pipeline. I've never mentioned it here.

Subconscious at work again. He does know they were crappy.

He said here he has played a demo build. A physical executable. So denizsi, did you delete this demo build off your computer after you played it? Right, I see that. What a shame you couldn't zip it up and post it here. I'd like to see how progress is coming on my own project.

Tell me where to look in my system for cached flash (or whatever, I don't have the slightest knowledge on how Unity web player builds are stored.) files. If it's still there, I'll definitely upload it somewhere, but so far I can't see how that's possible because when returning to other people's web player demos to play them again, I always have to wait for it to load all the way again.

Anyway, you aren't getting anywhere with denial. If I'm so full of it, just upload a half-assed web player build that would obviously be something different than what I've seen and prove me wrong, if you so care about it. There are hardly a few people who somewhat believe or want to believe that you're doing this for real and anybody else already thinks you are full of shit whether you care or not, and besides my experience, nobody has absolutely no reason to believe any of your shit. So it's really weird that you're coming after me on this because normally, it would mean that you were using this as a nice diversion to substitute for all the things you haven't done, but that doesn't make sense because we both know you're, somewhat, and to a much lesser degree than you're giving out here, real from what I've seen. Throwing mud back at me is nonsensensical. Also remember I was the one to originally point you towards the solution in "cutting a hole in terrain".

I've got all the assets I need to build my second map, this one as a real scene in the game and not just for testing. I give you my word when that is ready I will put some screenshots up here showing some of the gameplay.

May 13th.

Troll on.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
denizsi said:
Classic Codex Loser

... except any zombie seige fighting game on Unity3D would have garnered enormous attention and would be linked to by a half dozen Unity3D related sites. A search on Google reveals nothing of any kind associated with my name or anyone else anywhere.

A zombie seige game with 3DRT zombies, Unity3D and baked lightmapping in addition to realtime lights with interactive physics would be news all over the internet, even if the game sucked.

This is why I have no respect for Codexers. They're all scumbags. It's no accident they are incapable of getting day jobs. Imagine having an employee who lied to you every other question you asked him. A large part of Codexers are pathological liars and have serious ethical issues telling the difference between right and wrong.

I already linked to this game. It wasn't really very good at all and it got enormous attention all over the internet from people who develop for Unity3D. Pray tell, where is my game linked to --- since it was all taken down only "last week?"

http://www.idevgames.com/postmortems/su ... d-by-death

You're a liar.

nomask7

Arcane
denizsi said:
nomask7 said:
Denizsi, did it ever occur to you that this "Cleve" you talk about might have been some crazy Codexer (such as Chefe) in a quest to "embarass" Cleve, supposedly by spending his days, thanks to social welfare benefits, in an attempt to come up with a decent demo or screen shots before Cleve does? Given this is the Codex, that's the most probable explanation for what you saw. So, do you ever think before posting?
LOL. Reading comprehension = NONE.
My question was simple: how do you know it was Cleve and not someone else?

By all means try to avoid that question by pretending that I can't read (when I'm one of the four or five codexers who actually can). You will only prove that you are a sick liar if you keep avoiding that question.

denizsi

Arcane
I HAVE TO WASTE TIME REPLYING TO UNIMPORTANT STUFF

By all means, keep doing it. You suck. So do your "game".

... except any zombie seige fighting game on Unity3D would have garnered enormous attention and would be linked to by a half dozen Unity3D related sites. A search on Google reveals nothing of any kind associated with my name or anyone else anywhere.

A zombie seige game with 3DRT zombies, Unity3D and baked lightmapping in addition to realtime lights with interactive physics would be news all over the internet, even if the game sucked.

LOL. Talk about lying. Unity forums are full of quite interesting projects, including a few focused around zombies, and some of these had pretty good graphics. I have yet to see a single one of them mentioned elsewhere. Let's ask fellow Codexers, but I'm sure that they will lie just like I am, that they haven't heard of any of these even though they have, just to spite you, right?

However, the problem is, all these projects I've stumbled upon in Unity forums haven't been mentioned or linked to from anywhere else either. Looks like the whole goddamn global online community is playing a joke on you, and you alone. Phew, wish I were that popular too!

http://www.idevgames.com/postmortems/surrounded-by-death

Oh look, another semi-decent project in Unity that nobody has heard about! R00FLES!

nomask7 said:
By all means try to avoid that question by pretending that I can't read (when I'm one of the four or five codexers who actually can). You will only prove that you are a sick liar if you keep avoiding that question.

What question? That the whole thing is a big conspiracy in motion by someone other than Cleve? LOL. I've forgotten that you are the jew guy, though.

nomask7

Arcane
I didn't ask the reasons that led you to guess that it might be Cleve. I asked how you know that it's him. Well, as it turns out you're a kid with a very limited imagination who confuses his own hysterical guesswork with actual facts and can't tell the probable from the improbable. You also lack the basic decency to believe Cleve when he says he doesn't know what you're talking about. In language that you can understand: you're a juvenile moron.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
You do realise that Cleve created a few dozen C64 games for Ahoy! magazine that were marvels both technical and gameplay wise? He's an ace programmer and is utterly capable of creating awesome software. What's his downfall is that he's too much of a perfectionist to ever really finish anything unless he's got a good editor or manager who pushes him. That's why his own hobby stuff is never released. The zombie game exists, but I doubt we'll ever see it apart from a beta or anything.

Oh, and Nomask? Cleve isn't gay for you. Get over it.

nomask7

Arcane
Trash, you're junk. I would be surprised if you had actually played those old games you say were amazing. More likely you're just flapping your lips in another embarrassingly vapid attempt at smart prose. The difference between people like you and me is that I can think. In contrast, you can only flap your lips in empty imitation like all twits.

nomask7

Arcane
Kingston said:
The difference between people like you and me is that I can think.
All you ever do is regurgitate some shit somebody else has said.
As opposed to ... whom? Trash? Didn't Trash just write a whole post repeating something he had read elsewhere? Why the need to pick on me in every case where you could more accurately blame someone else for regurgitating shit? Are you, perhaps, annoyed by people who show independence from the herd?

Kingston said:
Your posts have 0% original content.
Who, before me, said that Trash probably hasn't even played those Ahoy! games?

Kingston said:
Edit: You're also either a troll, or you seriously lack reading comprehension.
You've already demonstrated that you can't think or act objectively. Should I bother to ask for proof concerning my supposed lack of reading comprehension from someone so dull as you? I don't think I shall.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Are you, perhaps, annoyed by people who show independence from the herd?

No, I'm annoyed by people who think they show independence from "the herd". Obnoxious, wannabe-intellectuals i.e. you.

Should I bother to ask for proof concerning my supposed lack of reading comprehension from someone so dull as you? I don't think I shall.

You taking deniszi seriously is p. good proof.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Trash said:
You do realise that Cleve created a few dozen C64 games for Ahoy! magazine that were marvels both technical and gameplay wise? He's an ace programmer and is utterly capable of creating awesome software. What's his downfall is that he's too much of a perfectionist to ever really finish anything unless he's got a good editor or manager who pushes him. That's why his own hobby stuff is never released. The zombie game exists, but I doubt we'll ever see it apart from a beta or anything.

Trash, it hurts but seriously truer words never spoken.

I wonder if I could finish a bowel movement without a manager to push me to just end it and tell me don't try to add more features.

The only reason I can get work as a programmer is that I get a manager who understands this and knows when to stop me from trying to add more to it. Without this oversight I always seem to lose control over things and it just grows outside my capacity to complete.

For example - Corpse Crew. At the beginning of this thread I had just made an alpha version on a single map that has zombies attack it and you try to board up the windows. Fourteen pages later, it's a zombie RPG similar to Fallout 3 with at least one gazillion features from everything else thrown in and also it has to be as big with even more options than anything in the universe. I can't stop it. It is a monster and it grows by the minute.

I feel like, let me work on it a bit more and play around some with it, I will do some screenshots. Except during the time I do a bit more and play around some with it, I will scrap what I had and start on a newer, bigger, more feature rich version of the same thing.

I actually did not make a backup of my alpha version, in fact I exported the scripts, erased everything, started a new project. I did this again at the start of June, only saving the Mono game scripts and erasing everything else. I redid the whole texture library over again, weeding out textures less than perfect and adding some new ones. I scrapped the .DBO importer from FPS Creator and am now working with Google Sketchup using the Lightup plugin.

Sure, it looks better than ever. Except I notice now I actually have a smaller completed game map than when I began and although this tiny farmhouse looks excellent, the former 99% of the game I had done for the alpha is now digital vapor.

This happened quite a bit with Grimoire, to be honest. The last time I vaporized the NPC scripts and started with a new scripting language was 2006 but it was the same principle different game.

Anyway, at least I never got 57 out of 64 NPCs scripted in Grimoire, which I finally achieved last month. I doubt if I ever had more than 18-22 NPCs out of 64 scripted prior to 2007.

nomask7

Arcane
Kingston said:
Are you, perhaps, annoyed by people who show independence from the herd?

No, I'm annoyed by people who think they show independence from "the herd".
At the cost of being reviled, socially oppressed, etc., I consistently adhere to ideas that I have found to be true by using my own powers of thought and discernment. If that doesn't show independence from the herd and noble disregard for social taboos & penalties, what does?

Kingston said:
Obnoxious, wannabe-intellectuals i.e. you.
You only say so, because you're too dull (a failure of "reading comprehension" on your part, perhaps?) to understand that I'm sincere in my admiration of Beethoven, in my partial admiration of Kubrick, etc etc., to which I have come, again, almost entirely through my own powers of discernment, almost always as a result of slow progress. That's very far from repeating shit a lá almost everyone else here. I asked in another thread who has, even now, applied the theory or concept of schema to understanding musical taste and its development. Apparently: no one, except me. I did so already when I was 18. I'd say that shows some ability to think independently.

Kingston said:
Should I bother to ask for proof concerning my supposed lack of reading comprehension from someone so dull as you? I don't think I shall.
You taking deniszi seriously is p. good proof.
Why shouldn't I take him seriously? Didn't I defuse the clown in a few posts by taking him seriously, something Cleve couldn't accomplish in many posts by not taking him seriously?

nomask7

Arcane
Trash said:

Except all those times when you spoke them yourself... It's not difficult to tell someone whatever he wants to hear, and Trash is doing only that, nothing more.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Nomask, you're a pedantic semi-intellectual who somehow expects any thread he enters to revolve around him and him alone. Go be your self-centered self elsewhere.

Anyway, good luck with Corpse Crew and Grimoire Cleve. I'm pretty sure they'll be awesome games if and when they ever see the light of day. Just don't berate me for not going to wait around for them. Untill then all the drama and nerdrage generated will be more than enough entertainment. :wink:

Apoc_Tao

Novice

I wonder if I could finish a bowel movement without a manager to push me to just end it and tell me don't try to add more features.

The only reason I can get work as a programmer is that I get a manager who understands this and knows when to stop me from trying to add more to it. Without this oversight I always seem to lose control over things and it just grows outside my capacity to complete.

LOL

Well, it appears that you simply suck as a programmer. Planning ahead and having restraint and self-control are simply some of the most important things a programmer can bring into a project, baring his coding knowledge and ingenuity.

If you are such a mindless idiot that can't control himself long enough to finish a fucking map without starting over, what's the point anyway? You are just putting yourself to shame, Cleve. You better get someone that has a brain and ask him to manage you, otherwise you will never achieve anything.

As for the rest of the lavish self praise you spread across this thread, most of it is very laughable. This for instance:

characters-real-zombies-3d_14.jpg

characters-real-zombies-3d_03.jpg

You claimed these models were great looking. They simply look like shit. They might have been alright for a game developed in 1997 or earlier, but nowadays modelers generally use more than 100 polygons in their characters(in case you don't know that). Those zombies belong in Alone in the Dark 2, not in a modern game.

Also, if these models represent the standard you are using for your game, I completely understand why you are so embarrassed to post screenshots of it. Your game would hurt the eyes of anyone who isn't a time traveler from the last decade.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
So much anger over a game that has not been made, and a game for which only person has at all staked anything in the first place. :roll:

Seriously guys, Cleve has alot more to lose from doing this than you do. Why the nerdrage?

MisterStone

Arcane
Meh, I don't care if the game looks like kind of dingy; I haven't even played a console game or FPS for like five years (last one being HL II). Just make it fun and different enough to make it worth buying for $15 or so.

Trash said:
You do realise that Cleve created a few dozen C64 games for Ahoy! magazine that were marvels both technical and gameplay wise?
Links? Just curious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom