Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Yeah, they said from the get go that the game would contain some "multiplayer elements". I just hope it won't be like the shit in Watch Dogs for example.

CDPR has a solid track-record, even by Codexian standards, so I fail to see a reason to get bent out of shape. If the game comes out as shit, it's shit. Until then, this is just speculation of potential features based off of a patent application which is foolish to begin with. No need to get your collective panties in a bunch just yet.

EDIT: Apparently it has been stated previously that the game will have multiplayer. So, again, why get upset now? Get angry at launch or something.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sigh....
Why every game needs to have some kind of multiplayer nowadays I cannot fathom.(ofc I can but I don't want to)
But I trust that CDPR will release a good Cyberpunk game, probably not even a good RPG but still a good game.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, again, why get upset now? Get angry at launch or something.
A Codexer:

tumblr_o6wx13eoef1s9362xo1_500.gif

Sodafish

Arcane
Hmm, i think that they did very good job with Witcher series considering how much they were limited by books and lore in every aspect.

I'm referring to combat, which is some of the worst I've ever seen.

I'm not too far into Witcher 3 to make a proper judgment, but so far I don't like how fast and chaotic it is or how the ghouls in the first fight are so difficult to read e.g. http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com...Diary-It-s-Good-But-Not-Flawless-482056-4.jpg, practically camouflaged in the environment. As Witcher 2 made me appreciate DA2 all the more (speaking purely about gameplay), Witcher 3 (so far) does the same for Dragon Age Inquisition.

The combat is nothing to wax lyrical about, but it's far from terrible, and can actually be quite satisfying once you get the rhythm of it. You need to read an enemy's movements and anticipate their attacks. And you're not even playing on hard? Git gud etc. Also use the alternate movement mode if you're not already. If you're struggling with a few ghouls then I don't think you'll enjoy what's in store later...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And you're not even playing on hard? Git gud etc.

I'm satisfied with the hp and damage levels on normal.

My updated impression is that the the context-sensitive animations are still junk, but Witcher 3 would be more demanding than DAI even if one didn't need to fight the controls.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Man, how long has this been in production for, now? Or at least announced. Seems like forever ago, that I got interested in this.

I still am, but they sure are taking their sweet fukin' time getting it out. And I know it's probably because of bitcher 3 and all that degeneracy.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
It was announced like 3 or 4 years ago, but they barely worked on it a third of that time if I'm not mistaken, they were still doing full time TW3.

I, for one, do not mind them taking their time. They seem insanely ambitious with this one.

Perkel

Arcane
Depends on how it's handled.

find me one game that didn't decline due to multiplayer systems in place. Even games like Dark Souls need to "balance" single player content around multiplayer because pretor and other dex retards will cry Estoc R1 spam.

And that is not even touching subject of content creation for MP game which often means fetch quests x 100 and shitty garbage story. Then there is whole game design around multiple people, like huge levels of nothing because small filled with something will be weird with 100 people jumping around. Shops instead of being small places are supermarkets size and so on.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Depends on how it's handled.

find me one game that didn't decline due to multiplayer systems in place. Even games like Dark Souls need to "balance" single player content around multiplayer because pretor and other dex retards will cry Estoc R1 spam.

And that is not even touching subject of content creation for MP game which often means fetch quests x 100 and shitty garbage story. Then there is whole game design around multiple people, like huge levels of nothing because small filled with something will be weird with 100 people jumping around. Shops instead of being small places are supermarkets size and so on.

I dunno, I can imagine MP sessions where you're part of a corp and you have to raid some other corp, for example. But that would have to be really seamless in such a way you wouldn't even know how many human enemies you're fighting, if any. The MP would have to be very self-contained, and not mandatory.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
To be honest - there is close to 0 information available on the game, except for the name and setting and some basic game mechanics (1st or 3rd person view, open world, single player with some multiplayer elements).

Unless I'm missing something - there is just no reasonable way at the moment to evaluate the current state of the game or what it will turn out to be.

Frozen

Arcane
If they fuck this up Geralt will come out of retirement mmw
You either run out of money for sequels or go down with year by year milking

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom