Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

retamar

Educated

What a piece of trash music they added to the movie.

THIS IS MUCH BETTER!!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
hollywood-ization is pretty muc hthe same as big publsiher buying a successful indie title. they will strip all the heart and turn it into mass produced husk

retamar

Educated
First time I saw that movie,,,,,maaaan my head blew. That scene of Motoko, just walking around, with that theme on the background! No words needed, japanese are fucking good at expressing things without mentioning them. Their level of subtlety is only equal to their infantile sexuality.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.pcgamer.com/everything-we-know-about-cyberpunk-2077/

Everything we know about Cyberpunk 2077
All the details on CD Projekt's next open world RPG.

Cyberpunk 2077 was announced all the way back in 2012, but with The Witcher 3 and its expansions at the top of the order since then, we’ve only heard scraps about CD Projekt RED’s next open world RPG. All combined, though, the past four years of interview snippets and trailers paint Cyberpunk 2077 as a behemoth of a game, even bigger that The Witcher 3 and with possible multiplayer features on top of hundreds of hours of single-player roleplaying.

Now that The Witcher 3’s last expansion, the great Blood and Wine, has been out for a little while, we expect to start hearing and seeing more about Cyberpunk. Until then, here’s everything we know so far.

What is Cyberpunk 2077’s release date?
CD Projekt has mostly stuck with the “when it’s done” line, but we know that it plans to release Cyberpunk 2077 between 2017 and 2021, along with another, still unannounced RPG. We’ve been hearing about Cyberpunk since 2012, so the expectation is that it’ll be the first of the two to release. Our guess, then, is that Cyberpunk 2077 will release in 2018, though a 2017 release hasn’t been ruled out.

How big will Cyberpunk 2077 be?
Back in September, we learned that CD Projekt applied for grants which suggest Cyberpunk 2077 could feature a “huge living city” and “seamless multiplayer.”

That’s backed up by this story from 2015, in which we learn that Cyberpunk 2077 will be “far bigger than anything else that CD Projekt Red has done before,” including The Witcher 3. So, if we take CD Projekt RED at its word, Cyberpunk 2077 will be exceptionally large and, hopefully, full of meandering sidequests.

Wait, multiplayer in a CD Projekt RPG?
We first heard about multiplayer features back in 2013, but CD Projekt RED clearly knew the word could agitate its fans. "It will be a story-based RPG experience with amazing single-player playthroughs,” reassured managing director Adam Badowski in a 2013 talk with Eurogamer, “but we're going to add multiplayer features." We don’t know much beyond that.

Where does it take place?

Cyberpunk 2077 takes place in the year 2077—which you probably didn’t need us to tell you—in the “sandbox environment” of Night City, a fictional city between San Francisco and LA that already exists in the Cyberpunk pen and paper RPG created by Mike Pondsmith. Here’s an except from the Night City sourcebook, describing Night City as it exists in Cyberpunk 2020:

"A planned urban community founded in 1994 by the late entrepreneur Richard Alix Night (1954 - 1998). Established at the head of the Del Coronado Bay (dredged to current capacity in 1999), and facing the Pacific Ocean to the west, Night City is a modern city of the twenty-first century. Its wide streets and ultra-modern towers are home to over a million people, with another four-and-a-half million living in the greater Night City areas of Westbrook, North Oak, Heywood, Pacifica, South Night City and Rancho Coronado.

An exciting and vibrant place to live, Night City is even more fun to visit; world famous for its slogan "The City on the Edge of Tomorrow," the area hosts almost nine million tourists, conventioneers and corporate travellers every year. A planned community with an advanced rapid transit system, its own Net LDL, and a Corporate Center boasting representatives from over a dozen of the world's most powerful megacorps, Night City is a shining example of Technology Triumphant over the Trouble of the Past."

That’s an optimistic description, of course, leaving out the “mucky, nasty” parts of Night City, as Pondsmith puts it in the video above. Punks and corporate stooges of all varieties wander these foggy, once Mob-ruled streets, and by 2023, corporations are openly warring for them. Cyberpunk 2077 will show us what happened to the city in the aftermath of that war.

“People have wondered what’s going to happen, there are clues and hints—if we told you more we’d have to kill you, as usual,” said Pondsmith during Cyberpunk 2077’s reveal in 2012, which you can watch below. “One of them is a big hint I left for everybody at the end of the fourth Corporate War, when I dropped a small pocket tactical nuke in the middle of the Arasaka Towers, and that left kind of a really large real estate space that we’re gonna be playing around with.”

The event he’s referring to happened in 2024 on the Cyberpunk timeline, which means we step into Night City a little over 50 years after part of the downtown was destroyed and, presumably, rebuilt.

The announcement video doesn’t reveal much more, except that CD Projekt RED and Pondsmith are using Cyberpunk’s pen and paper combat system—though exactly how that’ll be implemented is unclear—and inventing new weapons and technology for the year 2077.

Other details
  • Witcher 3 composer Marcin Przybyłowicz is working on the soundtrack.
  • Back in 2013, the idea was floated that they may record all dialogue in each character’s language—Spanish, for instance—and have the player use a translator implant to decipher it. Which sounds pretty cool .
  • ‘Braindances,’ a form of futuristic, drug-like VR, will play a big role. "People live someone else’s life while sleeping in the gutter," lead gameplay designer Marcin Janiszewski told The Verge.
  • If you’re still worried at all by the multiplayer comments, here’s another instance of CD Projekt RED explaining that Cyberpunk 2077 will be an RPG like those it’s previously built, and definitely not a multiplayer shooter.
  • And regarding how much focus has shifted from other projects to Cyberpunk 2077, back in September we learned that more people are working on Cyberpunk than ever worked on The Witcher 3 at the same time.
More information
There’s an official Cyberpunk 2077 blog, though it’s scarcely updated, and lots of fan talk in the official forums. We expect to hear more within the next year, so drop by our hub of all things Cyberpunk anytime you feel the itch to know the latest.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Back in 2013 CDPR has supported animation course in Poland. I think this is connected with 2077 but it's not confirmed. 2077 had been concepting since 2012.
Take this with a grain of salt. Just one of my ramblings.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They know nothing new and decided to write an article about it?
videogame journalism
If there only was a site/magazine that would report and review on games critically instead of the normal shilling. I wouldn't mind too much an occassional fascist/racist/guy with pigeons in his beard those places tend to attract for some odd reason. Freedom of speech applies even to crazyfolk I guess.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Back in 2013, the idea was floated that they may record all dialogue in each character’s language—Spanish, for instance—and have the player use a translator implant to decipher it. Which sounds pretty cool .

I hope this is still the plan. These types of seemingly small features can add a LOT to the overall experience.

eXalted

Arcane
So is Project RED the only AAA developer who can bring kind of good RPGs...

(Do we count Obsidian as triple A studio?)

Keppo

Arbiter
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/11/18/cyberpunk-2077-badass-witcher-3-producer-ps4-xbox-one/

"Cyberpunk 2077 Will Be “Really, Really, Really Fu**ing Badass” According to Witcher 3 Producer"

They already went far and beyond with naming, let's hope they will deliver with the rest of the game.

You know media asking them about CP 2077, they cant say anything cause NDA, but they are still asking so they have 4 options to answer

1. Say nothing at all

2. cp2077 WILL BE SHIT, REEEEEEEEE

3. CP2077 will be O.K

4. CP 2077 WILL BE AWESOME

In terms of PR option 4 is best option.

anus_pounder

Arcane
I'm 99% sure they'll announce a reduction in the scope of the game at some point. I'm still 100% sure it'll be a great game though, something like Far Cry 4 with Cyberpunk aesthetics. :salute:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
http://cyberpunk.net/blog/mechanisms/

papervideo.jpg

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
For example, the Cyberpunk® 2020 “Wardrobe & Style” skill governs the knowledge about the right clothes to wear, when to wear them and how to look cool even in a spacesuit. As you can see, this skill covers quite a big area of lore and can be interpreted differently, depending on the situation and the players. In Cyberpunk 2077 this skill has to be tied to a specific gameplay mechanic. (...) And, to accommodate your curiosity, yes, we have some really cool ideas on how to present aforementioned skill in the game. Regrettably, we’re not quite yet ready to spill the beans

:takemyjewgold:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom