Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ADL

Prophet
just found out they made the cutest girl in the game (judy) a lesbian as a final fuck you to straight male gamers. the girl they put in all the promo trailers as the main romance option won't be fuckable for 90% of the game's audience.
great job cdpr. i'm honestly seething right now and i feel CUCKED by this trash company, i'm not joking. what the fuck were they thinking? yes call me a pathethic virgin i don't care i was looking forward to having a cyber gf and now this shit.
might aswell go gay for dicks now, which was probably their plan from the beginning.
Imagine unironically playing male V

So according to most people the game lacks interactivity,and the city is just there to look good, yet people will still call this game revolutionary? Why when even fallout 4 seems to have more interactivity then what we're getting with cyberpunk, also V doesn't seem like he's "you" or based off your choices like the courier in fallout new vegas or even Sheperd in mass effect, they really fucked the choice and consequence aspect of this gane in favor of a cinematic experience.
I think this is a profound misunderstanding of RPGs (which Cyberpunk, FO4, ME, and Twitcher aren't even). If you are playing yourself, you are doing it very wrong. I think it's obvious in Cyberpunk, ME, or Twitcher that there's no possibility to play yourself, you are V or Geralt, or Shepard.
In games like fallout new vegas you can shape your character by your choices, mass effect and fallout 4 are obviously bad examples but my point is this game makes V more his own character but at the same time also "you" and that kinda doesn't sit right with me. If I'm playing in a first person perspective in a supposed "rpg" and my character says shit i would never want him to say that cheapens the experience quite a bit.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm kinda surprised by the rather low number of views

Kizuna has been struggling since she changed managers that and she sold out pretty hard. The V tuber thing though is gonna get old real fast because they corrupt very quickly when they realise the marketing firms jump at the chance to get them as a platform.
It's pretty pathetic really. I don't have issue with the animated avatar, afterall my squirrel is one but he's more an over glorified chat bot. Plus frankly I've given up live streaming bannerlord was such a huge disappointment to stream because of its technical issues with screen recording so I gave up. But my opinions got worse on the subject I don't think Bannerlord is a good game (because the devs have barely progressed at all and the base product had huge issues) that game alone is why I don't preorder AAA games and why from now on I just steal copies from my moron brother in law who still buys AAA garbage.
Only reason I did livestream was to test if I could broadcast development. In the end because of all the equipment failures I just gave up. Streaming is such a waste of time and I'm glad I'm not doing it now considering how bad the viewership for Cyberpunk is.

Kizuna didn't sell out. Her actress wanted to retire. And her IP was bought by bugmen who thought it'd be a great idea to hire 3 additional actresses to play Kizuna. Who all sound different to one another. Then sacked the OG actress and acted like nothing happened. The fans caught onto it pretty easily. It's clearly not the same woman and the three actresses all acted different to one another. The OG actress recently came back as a consultant and made a You Tube video about it.

Imagine you're watching Pewdiepie or whatever lowlife is popular with kids nowadays, and one day without comment he is replaced by a snarky, obnoxious frenchman but that refers to himself as Pewdiepie despite obviously not being him. And you get the idea of why most people fucked off.
The original was never changed, she's still voiced by the same person.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I'm playing it right now on my series x, just needed to change my console region to new Zealand and the game unlocked.

fd83b3687083f1f43c0fbbc9b101ec6b.jpg

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Btw is Fallout 4 gud if i want to just pew-pew things with ll mods?
It's a hard decision when we gamers have to choose between a hardcore RPG game like Fallout 4 and something less involved like Borderlands or CP77. I'm going to have to go for the codex cool credits here and recommend you two truly ancient RPGs if you haven't started from the beginning. Far Cry 2 and Skyrim is where the good shit is at. But if you have already played the classics then Fallout 4 is not a bad game for you, it's like CP77 but with less dildos and trannies.

purupuru

Learned
Btw is Fallout 4 gud if i want to just pew-pew things with ll mods?
The LL mods are still not nearly as good as skyrim's. Most likely because the main framework had a rocky development (Fourplay was abandoned halfway and AAF didn't come into existence until 2018 and took about a year after that to become fully functional iirc).
I'd say it is mediocre as a AAA shooter/hentai game, but then again there is no alternative game with a non-fantasy setting.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've got a free copy of the game, so I thought that once I'm into it, I can give some expressions (as someone who doesn't care to fuck around with memes or overexamining things).

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Well, i watched a couple of streams and it seems things went better than expected - shooting is surprisingly adequate, eyecandy is there, bugs are not as bad as initially thought, itemisation and other systems are trash but quests are the highlight of the game. Basically, it's Witcher 3 with guns. Good enough.

The Jester

Cipher
Shitposter

I remember when Bioware did something like this in Mass Effect 3 and it was just the one character and everyone had a collective cringe aneurysm.

they should have his character running about autistically rummaging around bathrooms picking up useless shit like toilet paper and exhausting every possible conversation option with random npcs, to accurately represent his gameplay style
also he should carry a donation cup around that you can toss coins into

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Dunno if anyone's posted these yet, but Yong Yea's reviews are pretty straightforward and informative. Re. the bullet sponge thing, he says it's only really bosses and skulls that are the real sponges - bread and butter murder feels fine after you've leveled up your skills just a bit.

His general verdict is that it's definitely very buggy in places atm, to the point that it does sometimes spoil the experience, but that it's overall immersive and enjoyable in terms of storyfaggery, dialogue, feeling of big detailed world, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom