Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 looks like shit

>HaLLuCinOgeN<<

Barely Literate
ss155-hires.jpg

Whats wrong Blizzard? Are you somekind of scam company? Where are the millions spent on production? Oh, I see. Good luck with milking idiots.

I bet it will require a powerful PC due to shit optimalization and DRM.

>HaLLuCinOgeN<<

Barely Literate
Whats wrong Blizzard? Why your top paid artists are ripping off Aliens? Cant they create something more original?

ss151-hires.jpg

Marobug

Do you actually believe you are going to play the game with the camera in that angle ?
He didn't say the screenshot was zoomed in, he was talking about the camera aristotle.

Kron

Arcane
I'm more concerned about how stuff looks than the quality per se of the textures.

What's with all the stupid little details an average monster is NOT supposed to have, like engraved armor, belts and straps and glowing swords?

I truly can't distinguish what's what on the bottom left monster.

The game sincerely looks like your average azn mmorpg.

Hell, even Diablo 2 didn't look anywhere close to this.

But, we've already been over this again and again, haven't we?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
This is boring. The graphics is fine. So, I guess your trolling was a triumph.

>HaLLuCinOgeN<<

Barely Literate
toro said:

I see this site is full of morons and Blizzard fanbois. Good luck will all that!

1.jpg

RIP Iron Lore :salute:

Looks much worse than D2 at a similar resolution. Factoring in art style then its even worse than D1.

Worse still than the graphics is just how dumbed down the game appears to be getting. Blizzard is aiming firmly for the lowest common denominator on this one. D3 may be Blizzard's DA2.

>HaLLuCinOgeN<<

Barely Literate
Overweight Manatee said:
Blizzard is aiming firmly for the lowest common denominator on this one. D3 may be Blizzard's DA2.

I doubt that. It will be a massive hit no matter what and they will sell it for like a 60$. Because people are that stupid.

It is just unbelievable how poor, dumbed down and childish this game presents.

The Butcher would be so pissed off.
23151-diablo-hellfire-windows-screenshot-kung-fu-fightin-with-the.gif

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Overweight Manatee said:
Worse still than the graphics is just how dumbed down the game appears to be getting. Blizzard is aiming firmly for the lowest common denominator on this one. D3 may be Blizzard's DA2.

That is quite a valid comparison. The more I look at D3, the more I smell "awesome button" shit. And yes the graphics actually doesn't look on par with 2011, Alien Breed Impact looks better and was built on UE3 and released in 2010.

Moreover, I'll never get tired to complain about the colourful, cartoonish visual design, which makes the game look just a "generic fantasy H&S", without the darkness and grit that were inherent to the series (and especially to D1).

Bah. Another game I will -not- buy, methinks.

>HaLLuCinOgeN<<

Barely Literate
For me Diablo 3 is a scam project.

Created at the minimum cost by few people. They will PROFIT so much it is HEAVEN!!!

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
>HaLLuCinOgeN<< said:
toro said:

I see this site is full of morons and Blizzard fanbois. Good luck will all that!

1.jpg

RIP Iron Lore :salute:

No RIP :M

http://www.grimdawn.com/about.php

Grim Dawn is an action role-playing game intended for digital distribution on the PC. It is being developed by veterans of Iron Lore entertainment, the makers of Titan Quest

2010-12-15_oldgrove01_lrg.jpg

2011-05-13_inventory01_lrg.jpg

Darkforge

Augur
It's bound to be absolute shit, and a complete rehash, like all modern blizzard games. It looks like WOW. and from what I heard ape's many of it's game mechanics. This shit should have come out a year after it was announced, how long have we been waiting now?

They have admitted they aren't tweaking the loot system at all. (probably a good thing though).

The classes look boring as fuck. Of course all the legions of blizzard fanboi's will buy it and it will be proclaimed as the best shit ever....

R.I.P Blizzard north.

Ooh, I just saw that grim dawn post.

I for one, am one of the few people that thought Titan quest was better than D2. (as long as the expantion was installed), it's one real failing was some pretty bland area's and lack of server support.

I am hype for grim dawn as long as they have learnt from their TQ mistakes looks like what I am looking for,

Fuck Blizzard, fuck their legions of brain dead fan's and fuck diablo 3.

:x

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I never really cared for Diablo so I am immune to the butthurt.

Marobug

>HaLLuCinOgeN<< said:
Marobug said:
Do you actually believe you are going to play the game with the camera in that angle?

So there is another camera angle, like pointing directly in your character crotch? :salute:

I get the feeling I was successfully trolled.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
It looks awful. Are these screenshots real? I don't recall trailers looking like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom