Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
btw

I'm surprised nobody's picked Evrart as an avatar yet. There's something highly Codexian about his face. Or is it just missing from the gallery? If so somebody needs to get on that, stat

RPLke2U.png
And i am surprised that you pick a royalist racist chauvinist.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Damn. Buddy of mine is hosed in day 3 or 4, just reaches a point where he can't use things. Apparently if he enters the Whirling he can't click anything, and he can't use Kim's car. I've been bug-free from what I can tell (Although the tooltips sometimes don't say I'll gain 2 physique from booze despite traditionalism) but that's a biggun.

Slightly disappointed at the end of Day 1. Went total detox and prioritizing the case. Didn't take bribes. Didn't ask for money, so in the end I had like 25 real, and then, at 2 AM time just stops. Can't sleep outside. Can't crash at Cuno's shack or the boiler room. Had to go along Kim's offer.

So, is it even possible to Hobocop?
From what I can tell hobocop is almost entirely useless unless you want to raise your shivers learning cap. Unless it has some subtle influence on dialog I haven't been picking up on much.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Slightly disappointed at the end of Day 1. Went total detox and prioritizing the case. Didn't take bribes. Didn't ask for money, so in the end I had like 25 real, and then, at 2 AM time just stops. Can't sleep outside. Can't crash at Cuno's shack or the boiler room. Had to go along Kim's offer.

So, is it even possible to Hobocop?

Did you try the bench? The bench looks inviting. Kim doesn't let me close to the bench. Maybe the bench is hiding some secret? "WHAT ARE YOU, BENCH?"

btw

I'm surprised nobody's picked Evrart as an avatar yet. There's something highly Codexian about his face. Or is it just missing from the gallery? If so somebody needs to get on that, stat

RPLke2U.png
Technically
Shouldn't that be the other brother? Corporate chick said the non-Evrart twin has the lazy eye, which I picked up on even though my character and Kim haven't so I'm not sure if it's intentional or not.

TheScarecrow

Educated
I finished the game after 18 hours, it felt like I did a lot of things but maybe I'm wrong and I did very little of what the game has to offer; also I'm a pretty fast reader, so... But even if the game's lenght was half of that I wouldn't feel like the 40 euros were too much.

I don't know what to say, really. I feel like I need a lot of time to process what I just played —and more playthroughs. But the game was fucking stellar, one of the best games and experiences I have done in a looooooooong time.

Thank you, ZA/UM.

Prime Junta

How the eff do people manage these sub-20-hour runs? I'm 2 days in with about 11 hours playtime, and I feel like I rushed through day 1 because I had already seen most of it.

And I'm also a fast reader.

Jinn

Arcane
I can't imagine how people are finishing the game so quickly. I've got about 12 hours in and am only nearing the evening of Day 2. Not a slow reader either.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
How the eff do people manage these sub-20-hour runs? I'm 2 days in with about 11 hours playtime, and I feel like I rushed through day 1 because I had already seen most of it.

And I'm also a fast reader.

You get that by missing stuff. FFS, you can waste half of the day just playing with board games in the game.

But certain builds also miss *a lot* of content. My big dick phys cop had really short conversations for the most part. Like 1/3 of what a different build might have.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I can only assume the people finishing it in 20 hours are too lazy to read and skip dialogue, because I only just got to the pawn shop and I'm up to 8ish

Prime Junta

time contraints

Note that game time only advances when you do stuff. You can run around as much as you like with the clock stopped. It does work, but it also does make you choose what to do in any given day -- you can't lawnmow. That's intentional and the game is stronger for it, it's another layer of C&C.

time contraints

Note that game time only advances when you do stuff. You can run around as much as you like with the clock stopped. It does work, but it also does make you choose what to do in any given day -- you can't lawnmow. That's intentional and the game is stronger for it, it's another layer of C&C.
culpa innata had time limits but they counted only toward interrogations and major events, you were free to explore the game and its world. i don't feel very rewarded by being punished because the clock keeps ticking while my slowpoke walks around his apartment.

Damn. Buddy of mine is hosed in day 3 or 4, just reaches a point where he can't use things. Apparently if he enters the Whirling he can't click anything, and he can't use Kim's car. I've been bug-free from what I can tell (Although the tooltips sometimes don't say I'll gain 2 physique from booze despite traditionalism) but that's a biggun.
Scratch that. Buddy just informed me that he figured it out, he has so much perception-lowering clothing on that his perception was in the negatives and he could no longer "See" objects to interact with them. So he took off his glasses and now he can interact with the world again. It wasn't a bug at all, but a feature.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

(Probably should've had some sort of indication that was what was going on though)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom