Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you play DFO?

Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I played for some time and the grind made me quit

• No

• Total voters

LazyD

Liturgist
quit due to the grind.

I had a lot of fun with the FFA-PvP. It was a blast griefing people in safe towns.. oh man that was fun.

Also city sieges were a lot of fun also.

But in the end I couldn't be asked to afk macro 24'7 so I could stay competitive. Literally 24'7 too.. If you weren't grinding for regs to supply ur macro or something along those lines it was pointless and a waste of time.

Although with recent expansion packs and such I think they've added a lot to shroud the inevitable grind.

edit:

I was a male Orc named Tom Hanks :lol:

Nickless

Educated
Destroid said:
The fuck is DFO?
Good question

Hobo Elf said:
Dark Fall Online, I'm guessing. And god fuck no.
Oh
entertainer said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
pipka said:
Malakal said:
Destroid said:
The fuck is DFO?

DFs

And no, I've never played it. The idea of unrestrained PvP sounds intriguing, but when you have a MMO designed to bring in as many customers as possible, it's going to suck because it's available to anybody, and moderators will only care about whether someone's flaming/hacking.

LazyD

Liturgist
Heres a vid that will give you a good idea of the large scale pvp that goes on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPQwfKzV ... re=related

Unristricted FFA-PVP is the best kind of pvp imo. Who the fuck wants to queue for BG's and fight in an arena? When you can hunt your prey or raid player owned cities.

Fuck... now I wanna go grief/raid :\

edit:

To all the people saying 'the fuck is DFO'. It's a mmo that was largely influenced by UO pre-trammel.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Holy shit, looks fucking retarded. Especially the rocket jumping part and spamming the same spell again again and again after the cooldown.

Destroid

Arcane
LazyD said:
Heres a vid that will give you a good idea of the large scale pvp that goes on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPQwfKzV ... re=related

Unristricted FFA-PVP is the best kind of pvp imo. Who the fuck wants to queue for BG's and fight in an arena? When you can hunt your prey or raid player owned cities.

Fuck... now I wanna go grief/raid :\

edit:

To all the people saying 'the fuck is DFO'. It's a mmo that was largely influenced by UO pre-trammel.

Looks pretty retarded and not epic.

Joghurt

Augur
IMO Ultima Online (1998-2001) PvP was perfect. It was really scary to go out of towns alone and that was the beauty of it. So many cool memories with friends running from murderers or trying to kill one.

Don't know about DFO but I imagine it's the same amount of fun. Are there any UO vets here who tried DFO ? Is DFO close to UO ?

Damn it's a shame I am a grown up now and can't spend so much time on MMO as I could in 1999...

LazyD

Liturgist
It lacks a lot of what UO had.

On the other hand.. Its the closest thing to UO on the market.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So where the fuck is Raw to defend this piece of shit game? Discussion got stale...

CrimHead

Scholar
entertainer said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
pipka said:
Malakal said:
Destroid said:
The fuck is DFO?
entertainer said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
pipka said:
Malakal said:
Destroid said:
The fuck is DFO?
entertainer said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
pipka said:
Malakal said:
Destroid said:
The fuck is DFO?

Silellak

Cipher
Joghurt said:
IMO Ultima Online (1998-2001) PvP was perfect. It was really scary to go out of towns alone and that was the beauty of it. So many cool memories with friends running from murderers or trying to kill one.
*single tear*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom