Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you play WoW?

Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I played for some time and quit

• No

• Total voters

Data4

Arcane
What is this? Another point and laugh at people who've played WoW thread? Dude, just wipe your pussy and get over it. Sheesh.

Joghurt

Augur
I only tried the open beta in 2004 (or in whatever year it was released) and I managed to play it for 2 days before I got bored of all the grinding. That game suuuuuucks...

relootz

Scholar
Another shitty topic by a guy who doesnt deliver his username at all.

Entertainer should be changed to boreu2death amirite.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No, I played Lineage 2 on a private shard but got bored of grinding. Not touching MMOs since then.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Tried it a few years back when Burning Crusade came out. Pretty fun if you play with a good party, but not really the kind of game I'd invest a lot of time in.

Tycn

Savant
Started trial. First quest was kill 10 flying snake things, second was kill 12 bandits. Stopped after that. Prior experience had already lead me to believe every MMO that isn't EVE or Guild Wars is shit.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Tycn said:
Started trial. First quest was kill 10 flying snake things, second was kill 12 bandits. Stopped after that. Prior experience had already lead me to believe every MMO is shit.

Fixed that for ya :)

Tycn

Savant
Grunker said:
Tycn said:
Started trial. First quest was kill 10 flying snake things, second was kill 12 bandits. Stopped after that. Prior experience had already lead me to believe every MMO is shit.

I dunno man, those two games were extremely good for what they were. I'd be inclined to elaborate if I wasn't responding to a troll post.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I played for about an hour on a friend's account, just to see what the fuss was all about. Almost fell asleep at the keyboard and never touched it again. Does that count as "played it then stopped?"

Fuck this, I voted No.

MapMan

Arcane
I plead guilty.

I used to play it a little bit before expansions. I'd lie if I said it wasnt fun to explore the world and do the raids for some time.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Played it for a few years, had lots of fun, and left before the Sunwell Plateau update arrived because it wasn't much fun anymore and guild drama even less so.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Tycn said:
Grunker said:
Tycn said:

I dunno man, those two games were extremely good for what they were. I'd be inclined to elaborate if I wasn't responding to a troll post.

I never troll.

Eve is like getting your teeth pulled out without tranquilizer. It's got as much if not more grind than your typical MMO and then just a pile of boring on top.

Joghurt

Augur
The only MMO I love is Ultima Online. Not the shit that is happening now, but the first one (1998-2001) with full loot and no fucking Trammel where you can hide from murderers.

Tycn

Savant
Grunker said:
Tycn said:
Grunker said:
Tycn said:

I never troll.

Eve is like getting your teeth pulled out without tranquilizer. It's got as much if not more grind than your typical MMO and then just a pile of boring on top.
The player constructed universe at least elevates it above almost other grindfests. I can see why people don't like it thought.

Guild Wars was awesome. The premise (team based PvP with emphasis on both tactical and strategic play accommodating a vast number of playstyles) was pretty much perfect and the tactical depth exceeded that of any other game you could care to name. Replacing a single skill out of the 8 you get would often change your playstyle immensely, teamwork and coordination are vital and the interplay between all the different skills resulted in a vast number of viable and unique builds. Just about any build supported a number of playstyles, you generally weren't bottlenecked into a specific offensive or defensive role.

Of course, the PvE was comparatively shit and PvP filled up with gimmicks because of greed and bad balance. It was already half dead when I had my turn. As blasphemous as it may sound, I'm looking forward to a decent Guild Wars 2 more than anything else (proper Golden Age RPG included...). For me the game evokes the same sort of sad reminiscence that ye olde RPGs do, only the quantity of entertainment that I gleaned from it was an order of magnitude greater.

Now you've made me want to reinstall and be disappointed again :cry:

Luzur

Good Sir
my nephews do it, infact so hard that they got virus on their computer and had to call me to fix it.

but me? no, im too old school for that shit.

but i played Ultima Online between 98-02 on one of those free shards.

Suchy

Arcane
but i played Ultima Online between 98-02 on one of those free shards.
Same, except it was around 2004-2006.

I checked WoW for about 20 mins on a free server. Wasn't worth downloading time of the client.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played it once a long time ago. Even got addicted... for a week. Played about 3 weeks before I quit out of boredom. Wasn't really worth it, felt more like work than fun after a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom