Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Don't give in, Codex. Run while you still can.

roll-a-die

Magister
racofer said:
racofer making an ass of himself said:
Even though Obshitian uses the same engine, core gameplay elements and everything else from Fallout 3, implemented in the exact same manner, it actually is different since instead of yellow, obshitian picked (Red - 255, Green - 255, Blue - 0) and for that reason alone it's a much better game.

:salute:
Wrong, they use the same core elements yes, but those core elements are now done better than in Fallout 3. Skill Checks, better, plot line, better, quest design, betterer, writing, better, retards, berret, shooting mechanics, better, or maybe I've just gotten used to them, crashyness, better, buggyness, probably the least buggy obsidian game I've ever played.

Only thing I can't think of as better, is encounter design, both were shit, Obsidian was just shittier, and area aesthetic design, which Bethesda is just plain better at.

ironyuri

roll-a-die said:
racofer said:
Even though Obshitian uses the same engine, core gameplay elements and everything else from Fallout 3, implemented in the exact same manner, it actually is different since instead of yellow, obshitian picked (Red - 255, Green - 255, Blue - 0) and for that reason alone it's a much better game.

Wrong, they use the same core elements yes, but those core elements are now done better than in Fallout 3. Skill Checks, better, plot line, better, quest design, betterer, writing, better, retards, berret, shooting mechanics, better, or maybe I've just gotten used to them, crashyness, better, buggyness, probably the least buggy obsidian game I've ever played.

Only thing I can't think of as better, is encounter design, both were shit, Obsidian was just shittier, and area aesthetic design, which Bethesda is just plain better at.

Why bother responding to his obvious troll, roll-a-die?

He took a large post, condensed it into one sentence and ignored everything you actually said. How about we all just enjoy NV and let racofer and skyway die cold and alone?

racofer

Thread Incliner
roll-a-die said:
racofer said:

So you're just saying they've redone it all better, although it's essentially the same thing...

How have they done it better, exactly? Better as in instead of, say, if FO3 scored 1 out of 10 on those regards, now it scores 1.5 out of 10? For me, that's still shit, dried out and not as smelly as before, but shit nonetheless.

racofer

Thread Incliner
ironyuri said:
How about we all just enjoy NV and let racofer and skyway die cold and alone?

If rolling in smelly, stinky but warm turd with your obshitian circle jerking squad makes you feel better... sure, suit yourself.

ironyuri

racofer said:
ironyuri said:
How about we all just enjoy NV and let racofer and skyway die cold and alone?

If rolling in smelly, stinky but warm turd with your obshitian circle jerking squad makes you feel better... sure, suit yourself.

New Vegas hasn't arrived yet, but I will be rolling in turd by the end of the week.

Will make an impressions thread, just for you, my inclining friend. :smug:

racofer

Thread Incliner
ironyuri said:
New Vegas hasn't arrived yet...

So you admit of having no knowledge whatsoever how the game is, yet moan at anyone who speaks badly about it? Have you already fapped to Obshitian devs team photo today?

ironyuri

racofer said:
ironyuri said:
New Vegas hasn't arrived yet...

So you admit of having no knowledge whatsoever how the game is, yet moan at anyone who speaks badly about it? Have you already fapped to Obshitian devs team photo today?

Note: I moaned at you for condensing roll-a-die's long post on the previous page into a single sentence, not for bitching about NV.

LRN2RD. Why are you so butthurt about New Vegas, racofer? Is it because all the kids have a new toy and you can't afford it? Is your shitty Brazilian third-worldian PC not good enough for it? Is it a Brazilian thing? It's a Brazilian thing right? Do you realise that everytime you call Obsidian "Obshitian", it makes you sound not like a witty-monocled-rpg-elitist, but a fucking retard?

You haven't played NV yet, from what you've said, so if you can judge it harshly without having played it, I can judge it positively. I played F3 and I know anything Obsidian does with it will be better than the final product I got from Bethesda.

roll-a-die

Magister
racofer said:
roll-a-die said:
racofer said:

So you're just saying they've redone it all better, although it's essentially the same thing...

How have they done it better, exactly? Better as in instead of, say, if FO3 scored 1 out of 10 on those regards, now it scores 1.5 out of 10? For me, that's still shit, dried out and not as smelly as before, but shit nonetheless.
Writing is much better, considering that was my main complaint about Falloblivion 2, gameplay being improved, and plot being less linear with multiple paths makes it even better, that bumps it up to a 7 from a 4 out of ten(where 1 is Desert Bus and 3 is Daikatana and Oblivion) It's a a just above mediocre game, let's call a 7, average, things like Half Life 2, Stalker and NV sit here. This is the quality I'd like most games to retain, 8s(Goffic 2, VtM:B, UO) and 9s(Fallout 2, Arcanum, U7) should be more common than now, 10s(FO1, PST, Rogue) very rare. 6s would be common but scorned, good elements that are out balanced by absolutely shit ones(Bioshock, particularly the last hours of it) 5s would be rare, generally reserved for shovelware that wasn't really all that crap, but still just bordering on truely shitti(U8, NWN without mods). 4 would be things like NWN 2 or FO3, where it's so buggy and unoptimized it's almost unplayable even with fanpatches, nearly unredeemable, but often get's better with mods.

Note most of that is based purely upon opinion.

racofer

Thread Incliner
ironyuri said:
LRN2RD. Why are you so butthurt about New Vegas, racofer? Is it because all the kids have a new toy and you can't afford it? Is your shitty Brazilian third-worldian PC not good enough for it? Is it a Brazilian thing? It's a Brazilian thing right?
So everyone who doesn't like NV must be poor. Great logic there dude, keep it up.

You haven't played NV yet, from what you've said
Where have I said that? In case you didn't notice in the other 100 threads about NV, I've already posted my impressions of it. Stop making stuff up.
so if you can judge it harshly without having played it
Repaired.
I can judge it positively. I played F3 and I know anything Obsidian does with it will be better than the final product I got from Bethesda.

I rest my case.

racofer

Thread Incliner
roll-a-die said:
Note most of that is based purely upon opinion.

See, now that's better, instead of putting it like facts. :salute:

Most of what is being talked about in here, defending this game are opinions being talked about as facts, and this is utterly retarded. A Codexer should know better.

I, for one, simply can't get into this game even if it had a plot like PS:T and gameplay as good as TOEE just because I cannot withstand anything on the shitbryo engine, it fills me with rage after a short while playing anything on it.

ironyuri

racofer said:
Where have I said that? In case you didn't notice in the other 100 threads about NV, I've already posted my impressions of it. Stop making stuff up.

racofer said:
Where's the ZERO option you, fucking faggot.

I HAVE to show I'm non conformist, 15 or less doesn't fucking cut it.

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=51229

I must have mistaken your obnoxious baawwwwwing for actual facts.

racofer said:
so if you can judge it harshly without having played it
Repaired.

How many hours have you put into it, then?

racofer said:
I can judge it positively. I played F3 and I know anything Obsidian does with it will be better than the final product I got from Bethesda.

I rest my case.

So you rest your case because I think Obsidian is leaps and bounds better than Bethesda?

I don't remember Obsidian's responsibility in developing Radiant AI; fucked up bloom lighting; skills before stats levelling systems; broken melee combat in a swords and sorcery fantasy (Oblivion); dumbed down, utterly railroaded quest design; or infact, every story/gameplay aspect of Fallout 3?

Does that also mean that you have never judged something based on a posteriori knowledge? Obsidian's track record with games means that, unless they're really breaking their mould, they'll produce a buggy, but worthwhile game - especially considering the fact many of the team worked on the originals.

Do you never judge anything on the basis of a posteriori knowledge, racofer? Perhaps you've never played a game because you like what the studio does? Do you play Bioware games because you've never heard of the studio before, or because you like the style of games they make?

Are you a dumbfuck, racofer? I think so.

But I am a fanboy because I am a fanboy, right? Does tautology translate into Portuguese?

racofer

Thread Incliner
ironyuri said:
racofer said:

Wow, you really ar edum.

Enough to form up my opinion. Why does an arbitrary number means anything? I could easily say 30 hours in here and that would prove nothing.

So you rest your case because I think Obsidian is leaps and bounds better than Bethesda?

See, you've already made up your mind. Why even bother discussing with others then, if not for proving over and over that yes, you're a fanboy that swallows Obshitian's meaty, veiny cock.

I don't remember Obsidian's responsibility in developing Radiant AI; fucked up bloom lighting, skills before stats levelling systems; broken melee combat in a swords and sorcery fantasy (Oblivion); dumbed down, utterly railroaded quest design; or infact, every story/gameplay aspect of Fallout 3?

So Obsidian is clear of all charges since they didn't develop the concept, despite using everything you mentioned on their games. Eh...

Does tautology translate into Portuguese?

Of course it does. Does the expression "Puxa saco" translates into English?

ironyuri

racofer said:
ironyuri said:
racofer said:

Wow, you really ar edum.

Because I didn't bother to go looking for every post you've made about NV to find the one in which you detail you've already played it, eventhough you contradict yourself on the first page of another thread...?

Fucking macaco.

racofer said:
Enough to form up my opinion. Why does an arbitrary number means anything? I could easily say 30 hours in here and that would prove nothing.

So you're saying you've put 30 hours into it....

[Perception] That must mean you like New Vegas.

racofer said:

See, you've already made up your mind. Why even bother discussing with others then, if not for proving over and over that yes, you're a fanboy that swallows Obshitian's meaty, veiny cock.

See post above. Experience with Bethesda dictates that they will make unenjoyable games. Experience with Obsidian dictates that they will make buggy, but otherwise deep games which try to capture classic RPG mechanics. Problem?

racofer"[quote]I don't remember Obsidian's responsibility in developing Radiant AI; fucked up bloom lighting said:
Does tautology translate into Portuguese?

Of course it does. Does the expression "Puxa saco" translates into English?
[/quote]

It does, and believe me, I'll enjoy every second of kissing MCA's ass. Just give me the chance.

:smug:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm pretty sure that the issue here is that some people considered the engine, perspective and combat to be core problems with Fallout 3 and know New Vegas is identical in those aspects. To those people I say "yeah, you won't dig it, whatever." I would assume these people also never liked any real-time combat RPG with a 3D open world.

To the people who didn't like Fallout 3 because the writing sucked, the quest design sucked, the story sucked and the stats and skills systems were all broken, on top of losing a lot of the Fallout feel... well, to those people New Vegas is awesome, because it fixes all that.

DalekFlay said:
I'm pretty sure that the issue here is that some people considered the engine, perspective and combat to be core problems with Fallout 3 and know New Vegas is identical in those aspects. To those people I say "yeah, you won't dig it, whatever." I would assume these people also never liked any real-time combat RPG with a 3D open world.

To the people who didn't like Fallout 3 because the writing sucked, the quest design sucked, the story sucked and the stats and skills systems were all broken, on top of losing a lot of the Fallout feel... well, to those people New Vegas is awesome, because it fixes all that.

I've always suspected that the people in the 2nd category have a greater proportion of the folks who actually played FO and PS:T at the time. There's nothing better or worse about that - hell, I'm too young to have liked the Doors when they were aroundbut I don't take that as cheapening my fandom. But it does seem to me that those who discovered those games 'after the fact', so to speak (I'm thinking particularly of Skyway here, whose infamous ratings chart was done many years after FO, RoA etc) build them up into some near-mythological status that no game could ever achieve. It's like the Citizen Kane effect - Citizen Kane is a great movie and all, but it's no Citizen Kane. The complaints raised about games like NV are mostly legitimate, but there's a serious failure to distinguish between degrees of flaw - very few of the old games, maybe FO, maybe not even FO, could stand as even mediocre if judged by Codexian standards.

Topher

Cipher
Azrael the cat said:
DalekFlay said:

I've always suspected that the people in the 2nd category have a greater proportion of the folks who actually played FO and PS:T at the time. There's nothing better or worse about that - hell, I'm too young to have liked the Doors when they were aroundbut I don't take that as cheapening my fandom. But it does seem to me that those who discovered those games 'after the fact', so to speak (I'm thinking particularly of Skyway here, whose infamous ratings chart was done many years after FO, RoA etc) build them up into some near-mythological status that no game could ever achieve. It's like the Citizen Kane effect - Citizen Kane is a great movie and all, but it's no Citizen Kane. The complaints raised about games like NV are mostly legitimate, but there's a serious failure to distinguish between degrees of flaw - very few of the old games, maybe FO, maybe not even FO, could stand as even mediocre if judged by Codexian standards.

I suppose that I am in that second category and I did in fact play Fallout, Arcanum, PS:T, BG and whatnot when they first released.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Azrael the cat said:

Nostalgia is definitely a bitch, it got me to buy the first season of Quantum Leap on DVD and then I was like "what the fuck is this bullshit?" That said, there are definitely things those old turn-based RPGs did better than newer RPGs... all depends on your priorities.

And perhaps more to the point, those games being better does not make today's games complete and utter shit, which is where I guess I differ from a lot of people here. Is Baldur's Gate a better RPG than Dragon Age? Fuck yes it is. Was Dragon Age good though, and worth playing? Fuck yes it was. Etc.

Topher

Cipher
Nostalgia is definitely a bitch, it got me to buy the first season of Quantum Leap on DVD and then I was like "what the fuck is this bullshit?"

Haha...ha. HAHA.

Whew. Man that caught me off guard.

racofer

Thread Incliner
DalekFlay said:

Precisely, but I do like GTA.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Luzur said:
Melcar said:
Exmit said:
GirlDweller.gif

I just jizzed my pants.

Watch those titties bounce

:avatard:

KreideBein

Scholar
Wow, Racofer's really trying for the King Dumbshit title. It's one thing to dislike NV because one can't get past the game engine (a position with which I can sympathize, though I don't agree with it), but calling every aspect of it terrible regardless of facts and deeming everyone who enjoys it a mindless fanboy is pure retard (especially given the irony of Racofer, Skyway, etc hating on it so hard and still trying to pass themselves off as paragons of integrity and objectivity). Congrats Racofer, you've really outdone yourself on stupidity this time.

racofer

Thread Incliner
KreideBein said:
Wow, Racofer's really trying for the King Dumbshit title. It's one thing to dislike NV because one can't get past the game engine (a position with which I can sympathize, though I don't agree with it), but calling every aspect of it terrible regardless of facts and deeming everyone who enjoys it a mindless fanboy is pure retard.

Worked really well for all of you so far regarding Bioware games and others, but I take it's wrong to step on you obshitian fanboys toes nya?!

Like a known Codexer would say regarding this explicit display of butthurt: r00fles!

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
racofer said:
Worked really well for all of you so far regarding Bioware games and others, but I take it's wrong to step on you obshitian fanboys toes nya?!
ironic butthurt detected.

KreideBein

Scholar
racofer said:

Posting rational and reasonable criticism is fine and can actually lead to some good discussions on the qualities of a game and its underlying design (and coincidentally, this has happened here; decent discussion manages to occur regardless of your ranting). Repeatedly posting that X game is shit shit shit and that everyone who likes it is a butthurt fanboy is retarded.

racofer said:
Like a known Codexer would say regarding this explicit display of butthurt: r00fles!

I don't even know what you're trying to do here. Are you trying to imply that everything I've said about NV is invalid because I'm supposedly butthurt? You're pathetic. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom