Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Don't give in, Codex. Run while you still can.

racofer

Thread Incliner
CrimHead said:
KreideBein said:

What the royal cunting fuck is this?

This is life, CrimHead. It usually starts out like this:

couplefightbw.jpg

Right now I believe we are at:

couplefight.jpg

But by the end of the week, it will probably look like this:

couplea.jpg

Dear Kriedebein just break off from being trolled by him it is very obvious he is just trolling the fuck out of you. Better time spent (for you) to read and maybe discuss those threads/posts that you mentioned are constructive... now you are just feeding the kid's ego :P .

In this thread I learnt that racofer cannot handle the pressure of the combined expectations of all Codexers on him to incline everything he touches. On this sad day, a true hero has fallen and I for one will mourn his passing :salute:

On topic, is New Vegas worth getting even if I couldn't stand more than 30 minutes of Fallout 3? Is the dialogue good enough that I won't care that I hate the gameplay and basically everything associated with the enginge? Or should I wait a couple of months until the hivemind has finally sorted it's individual disputes and come to some sort of agreement?

If you hate the Fallout 3 implementation of Gamebryo that it will affect your enjoyment severely I would recommend you wait a few weeks/months until at least all the bugs are fixed, then you can borrow the game from the great internet library and see if the additional gameplay elements + setting + writing + etc. will somehow help your experience. If you get it now, and hated the gameplay in Fallout 3 that much, the bugs and irregularities will make you rage.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Stop overstating your importance raco-chan, nobody really cares about your opinions beyond the fact that you have actively tried to disrupt honest discussions about NV for a while.

I swear, give a man a custom title and he'll think he's some kind of intellectual giant.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
racofer said:
Two weeks ago: 17:
Today: 28 and counting.

And this is all because people are obshitian fanboys and can't take your rightful criticism? Your way of presenting your opinions have nothing to do with it?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Even someone who almost only lurks and rarely posts can see that "thread incliner" = "troll"

Guess he got the title since he's damn good at it. (if you judge trolling ability by reactions obtained)

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
I don't know what's more sad, the fact racofer seems to take a great pride in an erect dick avatar or that he's too thick to realise it's there as a piss take.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Undead Phoenix said:
On topic, is New Vegas worth getting even if I couldn't stand more than 30 minutes of Fallout 3? Is the dialogue good enough that I won't care that I hate the gameplay and basically everything associated with the enginge?

I'd say yes, unless you absolutely can't stand FPS-RPG hybrids (a good test being if you liked Bloodlines or not). I couldn't force myself to play FINO, yet I enjoy F:NV very much.

SoupNazi

I hated every minute of Fallout 3 and just cheated my way through the main quest then uninstalled it. On the other hand, I'm p. happy with NV and probably going to buy it after a few patches.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
MetalCraze said:
Also in a real RPG enemies always have full stats - exactly the same as player has.

I can't believe no-one's called this pissant on this shit. Crack a TSR era Monster Manual you tedious little worm.

@ Jaesun, that's a pretty font.

@kreidebein

...Which isn't the case. People have criticized NV. These people have entered into reasonable discussions about their criticism of NV. Good discussions have followed. Regardless of what the voices in your head are telling you, there's actually decent discussion of NV going on, discussions which include substantial criticism, without either side being disregarded as retards and consequently flamed all to hell.

To be fair, it was bloody hard having any reasonable discussion with the fanboys until they had been cooled off with a firehose and, through constant repetition and rote, made to understand other points of view. It took a long, long time...

Some of them still misrepresent the points I have made in our earlier disagreements. Seeing as how a certain number of them a) have most of the forum on their side at the moment and b) enjoy the type of RPG NV is in all areas I doubt they even agree with what you have said above. They fully subscribe to the saying 'make hay while the sun shines', and after seeing their previous secret love affairs (Fallout 3, Alpha Protocol, etc) being critically panned by the majority here, thus forcing them to take their opinions off air, they have arisen full force to take bloody revenge...not that they say much that makes sense of course, but they seem to be very content throwing out little one liner posts here and there, then being reticent in actually explaining themselves when called out over them.

It is also amusing watching them attempting to slyly add in their real views over Alpha Protocol, saying how good it really is, and usually adding at the end "don't you think? Yeah, it really is as good as Deus Ex, amirite??".

As for the game in question; I am currently waiting for more critical members here to give their full appraisal, and if this should warrant a torrent (it has steam you see. Even on the retail version...), it appears more patches will be needed anyway. If it is indeed a worthy game, I will buy it from a shop and keep it in the wrapper.

Edit: I assume there is some way of turning off the 'quest compass'? If there isn't, I am not interested. A 3D game based on exploration...with a quest compass. I will never understand that kind of inanity, sorry kids.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Blackadder said:
Edit: I assume there is some way of turning off the 'quest compass'? If there isn't, I am not interested. A 3D game based on exploration...with a quest compass. I will never understand that kind of inanity, sorry kids.

There is a mod for that yes.

Black

Arcane
Except it doesn't work that way. The game and its quests are designed with the magic compass in mind, so the quest givers never bother explaining where is this one guy they want you to find.
In Morrowind NPCs bothered with insane explanations: go north, find this rock, then go east etc.
In Oblivion, FO3 and NV it's: I put it on your map, follow the arrow.

KreideBein

Scholar
Blackadder said:
@kreidebein

I was going to try to do a block reply to this, but a quote-reply-quote-reply style is going to work better. Don't interpret this as me putting you on the same intellectual level as racofer, though. :lol:

Blackadder said:
To be fair, it was bloody hard having any reasonable discussion with the fanboys until they had been cooled off with a firehose and, through constant repetition and rote, made to understand other points of view. It took a long, long time...

I'm going to agree to an extent, though I think that what you're describing was a very vocal and prolific minority who spammed positively about NV with the same intensity as 1Eyedking, skyway, etc did negatively. Those people will still be an annoyance down the road, though probably less so; as you mentioned, that particular group seems to be buoyed by the general positive reception of NV, so once the main topic of discussion around here shifts to something else, they'll probably get less vocal. All that being said, though, they were certainly an annoyance and provided just as much of a barrier to good discussion as the rabid anti-NV crowd.

Blackadder said:
Some of them still misrepresent the points I have made in our earlier disagreements. Seeing as how a certain number of them a) have most of the forum on their side at the moment and b) enjoy the type of RPG NV is in all areas I doubt they even agree with what you have said above. They fully subscribe to the saying 'make hay while the sun shines', and after seeing their previous secret love affairs (Fallout 3, Alpha Protocol, etc) being critically panned by the majority here, thus forcing them to take their opinions off air, they have arisen full force to take bloody revenge...not that they say much that makes sense of course, but they seem to be very content throwing out little one liner posts here and there, then being reticent in actually explaining themselves when called out over them.

That's all very true, and I'm going to go with my "vocal minority" theory again. Morons will always be morons regardless of their opinions. These people whom you're describing see things in the same black and white terms as the skyway apologists, the only difference being in the standards for quality in each group. The reason that I tend to single out the latter group more is because (by my estimation, though I may be mistaken) they seem to be much more visible and prolific; the former group is mostly recent and nameless posters who jump in and jump out fast enough to drop some useless comment, whereas the latter group will infest a thread for extended periods of time, sometimes with drawn-out and poorly conceived arguments (skyway), sometimes with image and one-liner spamming (racofer), and sometimes with just pure stupid (1Eyedking).

Blackadder said:
It is also amusing watching them attempting to slyly add in their real views over Alpha Protocol, saying how good it really is, and usually adding at the end "don't you think? Yeah, it really is as good as Deus Ex, amirite??".

Yeah, this is an annoying tendency. I've only seen a couple of people do it, but trying to praise the game based upon an increase in positive feelings towards the developer is stupid and doesn't really belong in most of the discussions going on. I personally haven't played AP and can't comment on its quality, but in a thread about NV, talking about how AP "wasn't that bad" is stupid.

Blackadder said:
As for the game in question; I am currently waiting for more critical members here to give their full appraisal, and if this should warrant a torrent (it has steam you see. Even on the retail version...), it appears more patches will be needed anyway. If it is indeed a worthy game, I will buy it from a shop and keep it in the wrapper.

It really depends on how well you could stomach the gameplay of FO3. If you were borderline and you primarily didn't like the game because of the dialogue, quest design, etc, then definitely get it. If you found the gameplay entirely intolerable and couldn't play for more than half an hour without uninstalling because of it, you may want to pass on it, since although NV does massively improve the combat of FO3, they both still share some deficiencies. I'd still give it a try, though, based upon how well it does things like quest design, skill checks, difficulty, and so on.

Blackadder said:

Yep, there's a mod that does that. I'm too lazy to look up the link right now, but it should be pretty easy to find on NV Nexus. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that this game isn't designed like Morrowind was when it comes to directions; because of the quest compass, detailed directions usually aren't given. This makes it pretty damn hard to play the game effectively without having map makers for quest locations. However, removing the unexplored area icons is definitely worth doing. It really hurts the feeling of exploration and discovery when you can see exactly where new areas are 300m out.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Undead Phoenix said:
In this thread I learnt that racofer cannot handle the pressure of the combined expectations of all Codexers on him to incline everything he touches. On this sad day, a true hero has fallen and I for one will mourn his passing :salute:

On topic, is New Vegas worth getting even if I couldn't stand more than 30 minutes of Fallout 3? Is the dialogue good enough that I won't care that I hate the gameplay and basically everything associated with the enginge? Or should I wait a couple of months until the hivemind has finally sorted it's individual disputes and come to some sort of agreement?

Honestly, yes. Not the dialogues, but the quests. But no harm in waiting a couple of months while Bethesda fixes all the bugs.

racofer

Thread Incliner
KreideBein said:
wall of quotes

Alright, will you stop spreading your negativism on mah codex now? We've had enough of your bitterness. Also, stop bumping this hateful thread as to satisfy your ego. Meanwhile we, the real codexers are having a healthy discussion regarding NV at this other thread: http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=51336

So let this thread die for good, there's no need for you to keep bringing the game down for your own twisted reasons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom