Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon age 2- Combat Walkthrough

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
racofer said:
In the mean time ME3 will look 10 times better which similar if not lower system requirements because unlike DA2, it uses an engine developed by professionals instead of this turdy re-re-re-re-re-rehashed Aurora engine.

And yea... those combat animations and shit made the game look like a fucking jrpg... what the fuck.

Well, we're comparing UE (3.0 for ME, 3.5 for ME2) with the "Eclipse" engine, something developed by Bioware for DA:O specifically... No doubt ME3 will run flawlessly.

Anyway, let's get ready for the third game, which will probably be named Dragon Age: Final Fagtasy.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Look at this gem of a post:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/260/index/5473672/4

Chris Priestly said:
Sum Biowhore said:
7Gb on HDD? Well, the game must be even shorter than I thought. Considering the VO, the game's length will probably not exceed 30-35 hrs on average. Anyway, it is another proof of the masseffectization process being in effect entirely. How sad.

Oh for the sake of bacon. It is this sort of doom and gloom naysaying that depresses the heck out of me. "Oh, I don't really understand how things work in the industry, but 7GB is less than previous, so it must be bad."

See? He's very upset people are disappointed with the game size which most likely means it's much shorter. For this, the Evil Chris (as he is known among his coworkers) will explain in detail how the industry works for these illiterate bastards:

I shall try to explain in 3 main points why Dragon Age II is 7 GB.

1 - We used a different compression scheme in DA II than DAO (something called "ogg" I am told).

"Something called ogg"

I thought he was about to lecture those M0R4NZ! on how the industry works. I bet any 10 years old kid knows what ogg is nowadays. Continuing:

2 - 2 less fully VOed langauages
3 - Optimized mesh data, physics and lighting (which I am told reduces the footprint of environments by close to 75%)

A.K.A. it looks worse.

I know some will still doom and gloom, but the game is 7GB because we are better at making games. So, now that you have some reasons why the game is 7GB I hope this will calm some of you down.

"We are better at making games"

280rx9z.jpg

FOR THE SAKE OF BACON BIOWARE!

2i895yo.jpg

Yes. This picture is of the guy in question.

Black

Arcane
DA fans are like WoW fans, except they plan single player games.

Haha. Such a typical Bioware dev. I feel short of breath just looking at him.

I would call him an idiot for his response except I am sure he knows the game is smaller, and is just spouting shit that sounds reasonable to the average Bioware fan.

Phelot

Arcane
Well, I remember all the reviews creaming over DA:O's graphics so I'm guessing this is supposed to look outstanding...

What's also funny is how system reqs seem to go up, but the graphics stay stagnant :lol:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also, FFS, the new Morrigan is wearing A FUCKING CHAINMAIL APRON. WTF is this? Desperate Housewives go Fantasy or something?

Angthoron

Arcane
Is that Morrigan?

Why is whoever she is have a bleeding hand? I get it that it's mature and all, but with that sort of bleeding she will not have long to live.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
What I meant with "new Morrigan" actually was "new toon to replace Morrigan as the sex-drive character" in the game. :)

Johannes

Arcane
If you really need to have bare skin and cleavage, and chainmail armor on the same chick, why not just use the good old chainmail bikini? That costume is just lame.

Angthoron

Arcane
I like how those leather straps are just painted on her skin. Detail level ++!

And yes, that armour is completely pointless. It protects the lower body while completely exposing the top? Great thinking. A fucking chainmail apron, that's what it is. BioWare's way of sneaking in a reference to woman's place being "between the fist and the kitchen"?

baronjohn

Cipher
Angthoron said:
BioWare's way of sneaking in a reference to woman's place being "between the fist and the kitchen"?
Like they say, don't attribute to malice what can adequately be explanied by stupidity :smug:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sum Biowhore wrote:
7Gb on HDD? Well, the game must be even shorter than I thought. Considering the VO, the game's length will probably not exceed 30-35 hrs on average. Anyway, it is another proof of the masseffectization process being in effect entirely. How sad.

:retarded:

Morrowind must take an hour to finish as it's just, like 800 MB on the HD!

Daggerfall probably is a 20 minute game as it takes up just 100 MB or so!

Fuck man, there's this shit gamez from ancient times: Ultimaz Gold Box Might Magic that all up just maybe take up 20 mb of HD space for about 20 games LOLLOLOLOLLOL...Old fags must have had fun playing their 2 minute long gaems! LOLOLLOL OLD FAGS! LOLOILLLLOLLIOLKLLLKllllllllllll

Silellak

Cipher
Jools said:
Also, FFS, the new Morrigan is wearing A FUCKING CHAINMAIL APRON.
To repeat my lame joke from ITS: Now she can get in the kitchen and make me a chainmail sammich.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Jim Cojones said:
Jools said:
What I meant with "new Morrigan" actually was "new toon to replace Morrigan as the sex-drive character" in the game. :)
I may not remember correctly but I think this is actually Hawke's sister and there won't be incest in the game.

Shhht, don't give them ideas. All they put into their lame excuses for plots is gratuitous sensationalism, of late. :)

Dantus12

Educated
Not that I`m defending this horror, but the girl is our sister, if we play the game.
She will change into a long mage robe. That`s probably the only outfit She gets , since companion outfits are fixed.

This looks way more frightening :

Little boys will be happy - the target audience, no one will notice the clipping issues :

http://www.gamepro.de/_misc/galleries/d ... fk=1250195

It is somewhat disappointing. Despite it`s flaws DAO looked like a fantasy setting , the cheesy Tolkinesque art style looked more appealing to me, than this " distinct " one.

The current art style did nothing, but provoke comparisons with Dynasty Warriors.

Somehow I doubt that there will be a tool-set , with the fixed outfits it`s somehow obsolete, like for ME.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom