Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age 2 is better than Dragon Age Origins

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Picked it up the other day since it's now pretty much bargain bin priced, and it's not nearly as bad as the demo. Playing on hard and HP bloat seems to have disappeared (though I haven't faced any big boss so far). The absurd slaughter is kinda fun in a fallout/doom/serious sam kind of way. And there's no more huge empty areas to "explore" which means the actual time wasted per mole popped ratio is considerably smaller. And you can avoid most of the bad writing by avoiding shitty characters like anders or isabella. All in all it's a mediocre arpg that is still more fun to play than its snore-inducing predecessor. I'd put it on par with kotor2 due to shitty story trying too hard to be "deep".

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I tried playing it and got bored rather quickly, but I really wasn't in the mood for RTWP combat. You're better off reading the LP...

Can't say if it's better than DA:O, but at least there seems to be more variety in the character abilities.

Also, in before commie.

Mastermind said:
Picked it up the other day since it's now pretty much bargain bin priced, and it's not nearly as bad as the demo. Playing on hard and HP bloat seems to have disappeared (though I haven't faced any big boss so far). The absurd slaughter is kinda fun in a fallout/doom/serious sam kind of way. And there's no more huge empty areas to "explore" which means the actual time wasted per mole popped ratio is considerably smaller. And you can avoid most of the bad writing by avoiding shitty characters like anders or isabella. All in all it's a mediocre arpg that is still more fun to play than its snore-inducing predecessor. I'd put it on par with kotor2 due to shitty story trying too hard to be "deep".

Huge, empty areas to "explore"?

SKYRIM ME!
:retarded:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It's on par with Heroes of Might and Magic V storyline, to be sure.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
Mastermind said:

Huge, empty areas to "explore"?

SKYRIM ME!
:retarded:

What the fuck does a game that isn't even out yet have to do with DA2?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
CZeIP.png

Multi-headed Cow

I'm gonna get you pregnant Mastermind. Then you'll have a baby taking a space in your inventory and you'll feel silly. BRACE YOURSELF ITZ COMING

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I semi-legally acquired Dragon Age 2 recently and for a while I thought the same thing. Given the ridiculously inflated scores that professional reviewers and biowhores are willing to toss at anything Bioware craps out, the lackluster professional reviews and outright bad user reviews prepared me for something that was offensively bad so I surprised to find that it was just typical Bioware mediocrity.

Then I did a quest that used the same fucking area for the fifth time. That's when I got bored and finally said fuck this garbage.

Captain Shrek

This was what I was talking about when I said that we should have a solid framework to compare RPGs. Or else we keep on getting all kinds of silly threads.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It would only be :decline: if anyone took mastermind seriously.

Another way to look at it: DA2 embraced and delivered the inner popamole and dex-lulz that DAO shamefully hid under the endless streams of inanity and pointlessness.
Like paying a cheap hooker instead of blue-ball-dating a fat ugly girl for a month. Priorities and self-respect, bros.

Achilles

Arcane
I tried to tell you back then that DA2 is not nearly as bad as people think.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I happen to have also recently finished this game. DA2's Kirkwall feels like a rushed attempt to imitate Witcher's Vizima, or even BG2's Athkatla. Or maybe one of the cities in the GTA games.
It's obvious that Bioware had a large writing team for this game, but not enough of everything else. There's just not enough to do in this game besides explore the same corridors again and again, loot crates and pop moles, with stereotypical Bioware cutscenes in between. It's not so much stupid as it is not fun.
Verdict: Bioware's worst game since the NWN OC.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Mastermind said:
Playing on hard and HP bloat seems to have disappeared (though I haven't faced any big boss so far).
Lieutenant-rank enemies can no longer lose more than 40% of their health from a single hit, and boss-rank enemies cannot lose more than 20%.
Enjoy your damage cap. :smug: And I'm sure you'll come across that bloat sooner or later:
For comparable stats would you prefer that your characters had insane amounts of HP as well? You can't really do it the opposite way otherwise all your damage would like very underwhelming and big numbers is a huge draw for a lot of people (for some reason). I agree that the damage:hp ratio being completely reversed between players and enemies often makes for some very bizarre events.

Captain Shrek

Alexandros said:
I tried to tell you back then that DA2 is not nearly as bad as people think.

>people
>masterblind

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom