Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age = Overrated

serch

Magister
A common Drog's troll technique consist on pretending to commune with the Codex on something but for entirely retarded reasons. Ie this game is shit but not for the graphics and blood splatters but for stupid writing, bad gameplay, not as many C&C as they wanted us to believe... That's why we know this is Drog trying to make us rage :salute:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
serch said:
A common Drog's troll technique consist on pretending to commune with the Codex on something but for entirely retarded reasons. Ie this game is shit but not for the graphics and blood splatters but for stupid writing, bad gameplay, not as many C&C as they wanted us to believe...We're a bunch of dumbfucks. That's why we know this is Drog trying to make is rage :salute:

Fixed.

serch

Magister
There seems to be a nigger in the hood :wink: :wink:

mm1.jpg

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
tehRPness said:
commie said:
tehRPness said:
Who cares if you've suddenly converted into hating Beth/Bio/Santa and are a true RP'er now anyway. Jesus loves you, but odds are Codexers still thinks you're a fag.

So says the fag that picks a Fallout avatar in a pathetic attempt to hide his fagness.
I picked an avatar with a black guy on it. If I was a fag, I'd be too busy shoving my junk down your throat to bother hiding. Are you butthurt that I don't approve of his attempt to make anyone give a fuck what he thinks of "your" games?

You're the one that sounds 'butthurt' and defensive with all your "I'm nor a fag...durr" and the reference to "your games". Hey, if you want to carry on a pretend argument with your alterego then go ahead. Each fag to his own I guess.

donjn said:
Not gonna defend Mass Effect. But I fail to see why the main character looks like a child molester. If a dark haired guy with a goatee looks like a child molester then count me in too.

1265581992968.jpg

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
OP you're one of those people who think the ME style of dialogue is better, aren't you? You think DA is a bad game because of the graphics and the combat is bad because of the camera?

Oh wow, man. How about the fact that most of the game is made of repetitive filler combat and that character progression is a joke. How about every party member being bland and lifeless, except maybe Sten, which is ironic since he showed the least emotion. The setting is okay with the fade and the constant threat of demonic invasion as a mage, but nothing is done with it. Even if you play a mage you can cast as many fireballs as you want and you're never going to have to do battle with a demon trying to invade your head. Oh and the main plot is fucking retarded.

donjn

Educated
commie said:
tehRPness said:
commie said:
tehRPness said:
Who cares if you've suddenly converted into hating Beth/Bio/Santa and are a true RP'er now anyway. Jesus loves you, but odds are Codexers still thinks you're a fag.

So says the fag that picks a Fallout avatar in a pathetic attempt to hide his fagness.
I picked an avatar with a black guy on it. If I was a fag, I'd be too busy shoving my junk down your throat to bother hiding. Are you butthurt that I don't approve of his attempt to make anyone give a fuck what he thinks of "your" games?

You're the one that sounds 'butthurt' and defensive with all your "I'm nor a fag...durr" and the reference to "your games". Hey, if you want to carry on a pretend argument with your alterego then go ahead. Each fag to his own I guess.

donjn said:
Not gonna defend Mass Effect. But I fail to see why the main character looks like a child molester. If a dark haired guy with a goatee looks like a child molester then count me in too.

1265581992968.jpg

99.9% of the time he does not look like this. This was bad animation, pure and simple. You caught one bad frame. Either that or this has been altered.
Again, not gonna defend Mass Effect, but I have to disagree with you here.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No, i've seen that expression in multiple videos. He's a child molester, the end.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sounds like you're working hard at getting your 7th playthrough. Then you'll actually be able to judge ME2 fairly!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Hi guise.

I cnat gett his all haet for Dragon Age that I see here. I mean, that gaem is amazing, amirite? How can you even debate it's awesomness? It's simply another GOTY from Bioware. That's the deal with DAO.

Don't even get me started on teh amazing, rich, varied locations liek Denerim. No other game has a city of this magnitude. Plus everyones in the same spot, so itz realy convienenient. And some locations are really, really deeply thought through, eg the Deep Roads. And I just love the non-linearity of the Fade.

You also cnat deny the gaem's grey morality, eg Loghain's motivations. And the Grey Wardens' - itz in their naem! Or how about the Darkspawn? They cnat even speak! Their motivations remain the most mysterious and grey of all! It'd suck if they could speak. Sure Awakening changes that, but itz ok cuz the Architect is awesum, amirite?

Just trolling as my "hello post". I really only registered to help save the Imperium in Root's splendid LP. And maaaybe bash Biowhore a little. Maybe.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Storyfag said:
Hi guise.

I cnat gett his all haet for Dragon Age that I see here. I mean, that gaem is amazing, amirite? How can you even debate it's awesomness? It's simply another GOTY from Bioware. That's the deal with DAO.

Don't even get me started on teh amazing, rich, varied locations liek Denerim. No other game has a city of this magnitude. Plus everyones in the same spot, so itz realy convienenient. And some locations are really, really deeply thought through, eg the Deep Roads. And I just love the non-linearity of the Fade.

You also cnat deny the gaem's grey morality, eg Loghain's motivations. And the Grey Wardens' - itz in their naem! Or how about the Darkspawn? They cnat even speak! Their motivations remain the most mysterious and grey of all! It'd suck if they could speak. Sure Awakening changes that, but itz ok cuz the Architect is awesum, amirite?

Just trolling as my "hello post". I really only registered to help save the Imperium in Root's splendid LP. And maaaybe bash Biowhore a little. Maybe.

Sup root. ;)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
donjn said:
99.9% of the time he does not look like this. This was bad animation, pure and simple. You caught one bad frame. Either that or this has been altered.
Again, not gonna defend Mass Effect, but I have to disagree with you here.

But the other 0.1% of the time he does look like a child molester. :P Actually, even if you make your own Shep(I did), he'll do that creepy grin more often than not particularly when he's being nice. But what am I doing? Trying to discuss ME with Drog? I should have my head examined!

Bad animation? That's great animation. It's the one expression you will remember about Shepard, along with the "This is my serious face" expression he seems to wear for the other 99,9% of the time.

Besides, if your Shepard is male, you're doing it wrong already.

codexer said:
You're already doing it wrong by playing Mass Turd in the first place

Go away, codexer.

codexer said:
I heard of a mod that takes care of that child molester face, it's called uninstall.exe

ffffffffffffffffffff-

tehRPness

Educated
commie said:
Do you want me to be a fag? Was that why you posted to begin with? I mean I guess I could rape you like like a drunk and obnoxious prom date and pretend you're a girl, but only if you ask nicely :))))))

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Clockwork Knight said:
This.

Seriously, what the hell were you guys thinking?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Sceptic said:
Clockwork Knight said:
This.

Seriously, what the hell were you guys thinking?

Because I'm a male with an insecurity about exploring my feminine side, I choose to play a 'hard' muscular superhero while wearing a towel as a cape.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom