Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

ADL

Prophet
https://community.amd.com/t5/gaming...ming/ba-p/674027/jump-to/first-unread-message
large

Not sure whether this means there's another AMD partnership, typically the case with Capcom's REngine games on PC, but someone will make a FSR3->DLSS3 Frame Generation conversion mod very quickly if they ever implement FSR3's frame generation.

Wish someone did benchmarks with AMD's X3D CPUs but I'm guessing I'll be fine at the ultra high-end.

Edit: Found a comparable system benchmarking at 60FPS/4K+DLSS Balance in town and about 100FPS in the wilderness. Frame generation would put me well above my refresh rate everywhere. Baffling omission for a game known to have performance issues.

Last edited:

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Hmph, nice subtle flex. Not worth paying thousands of dollars for tho. My little PS5 friend seems to run the game just fine!
Not a flex, my ~$1.5K PC is looking worse to run this game than my PS5 (concerning a mostly consistent ~30fps framerate at higher resolution). They just acknowledged performance problems yesterday so I doubt much will change soon. PS5 it is probably.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Thanks for:d1p:, beta testers. I'll pick this up for 10 bucks in 3 years with all the fixes and DLC.
Waited two years for Elden Ring. Should have waited longer. Dragon's Dogma 2's price will definitely drop way faster, though. Couldn't even create a decent protagonist and pawn with the crappy options, so not excited anyway.

Jinn

Arcane
Couldn't even create a decent protagonist and pawn with the crappy options, so not excited anyway.
lol that this is the main reason you aren't excited. More power to you for waiting regardless, though. Hope you have fun whenever you get it.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Thanks for:d1p:, beta testers. I'll pick this up for 10 bucks in 3 years with all the fixes and DLC.
Nobody ever brings up the downsides of this strategy. You're saving money and playing the best version of the game yes, but you miss out on all the social elements. Sharing great moments with other folks playing the game, discoveries, tricks, etc. You will never experience those moments because by the time you've begun playing everybody else will have moved on and you will be completely alone. No one will be there to share your experience with.

Makes me think back to playing games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne at launch and how amazing it felt to interact with others going through the same stuff. Those games wouldn't have been quite as special without those moments. I guess what I'm getting at is you're walking the path of lonliness and emptiness my friend. Eventually you will die alone and scared, and all that money you saved will mean nothing.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Nobody ever brings up the downsides of this strategy. You're saving money and playing the best version of the game yes, but you miss out on all the social elements. Sharing great moments with other folks playing the game, discoveries, tricks, etc. You will never experience those moments because by the time you've begun playing everybody else will have moved on and you will be completely alone. No one will be there to share your experience with.

Makes me think back to playing games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne at launch and how amazing it felt to interact with others going through the same stuff. Those games wouldn't have been quite as special without those moments. I guess what I'm getting at is you're walking the path of lonliness and emptiness my friend. Eventually you will die alone and scared, and all that money you saved will mean nothing.
This post changed my life. I've decided to sell all my belongings and become a travelling acrobat in Korea. Thank you, Niggerman.

Oropay

Educated
You're saving money and playing the best version of the game yes, but you miss out on all the social elements

Unless you have a current gen CPU, say goodbye to any hope of 60 FPS.
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/dragons-dogma-2-performance-analysis/#section-1080p-performance
Even then there's bound to be more demanding areas than PC Gamer tested, so expect a sub-60 FPS slideshow regularly even with top tier hardware.

Not worth playing some mediocre B-tier RPG if it performs like that. Japs seem to be diversity hire tier when it comes to optimization

DemonKing

Arcane
Guess I'll pick up on PS5 as the PC performance looks Jedi Survivor level borked.

Actually prefer sitting on the couch with the big screen to play most controller-orientated games anyway.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Capcom issued,a statement that they are looking into ways to improve performance on PC.
They should have done that pre-release instead of making the character creator suck on purpose.
Chinese and Japanese for some reason believe that every player is a middle class who has too high salary and can pay for RTX 4090 with ease. And would push 70 US for a game + 50 for DLC.
Obviously these people doesn't need optimized games.

Actually I prefer 2 years worth of Chocolates over RTX 4070.
Not worth playing some mediocre B-tier RPG if it performs like that. Japs seem to be diversity hire tier when it comes to optimization
Diversity hire... They added hordes of black people into game, and performance dropped. Perhaps they hired some non-Japanese.

notpl

Arbiter
Guess I'll pick up on PS5 as the PC performance looks Jedi Survivor level borked.

Actually prefer sitting on the couch with the big screen to play most controller-orientated games anyway.
Uhh I'm getting a bit tired of doomposting at this point, but I feel obligated to remind the people posting this that the leaks/reviews are reporting 20fps in combat on the ps5 version. You are not escaping shit performance by going with console, you're just robbing yourself of any possibility of it being fixed in the future.

DemonKing

Arcane
You are not escaping shit performance by going with console, you're just robbing yourself of any possibility of it being fixed in the future.
Well - they do actually patch console versions too but obviously GPU updates are much easier and more frequently implemented on PC.

ADL

Prophet
Uhh I'm getting a bit tired of doomposting at this point, but I feel obligated to remind the people posting this that the leaks/reviews are reporting 20fps in combat on the ps5 version. You are not escaping shit performance by going with console, you're just robbing yourself of any possibility of it being fixed in the future.
Yeah this. Worst case scenario frame generation mods take a couple days like the ones that exist for Skyrim and Red Dead 2. DLSS-FG dll files are confirmed to be in the install.

This is a short term problem at best for PC.

deuxhero

Arcane
I played around with the character creator.

Looks like there's a breast slider and you can make an elf pawn.

:d1p:
The breast slider is intentionally nerfed. It fully supports huge breasts and flat chests, but you're locked off from making anything but a few middiling middle of the road options. Capcom hates you.

Ezekiel

Arcane

It's good then that this site keeps a master thread for every game and doesn't have idiotic anti-necro rules that lock threads down only a few weeks later and allow dozens and dozens to be made about the same game, which are barely responded to because the first page is buried by brief topics of newer games and subjects. Gamespot is like that. Many sites are, I think. At least coming into the meat of the game, discussion-wise, late means you can get a few thoughts across without them getting buried by everybody commenting on the littlest things.

Reinhardt

Arcane
my current pc won't allow to play it really comfortably and upgrading it right now would mean overpaying too much. so i will pick it sometime in the future on sale after all patches and dlcs drop.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I hope that this game doesn't come with a awful launcher that takes 666 G of RAM memory for nothing, like baizuo's gate 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom