Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DreamWeb is now freeware!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Interesting. Any hidden reason behind this, I wonder? Dreamweb 2 Kickstarter incoming?

LizardKing

Scholar
I love this game and I consider it a flawed masterpiece.
If you play it, be sure to read the manual/Diary of a madman for the story.
I still remember my first playthrough, especially the empty feeling after finishing the game.
Dreamweb sure left an impression.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
OK cool thanks guys. I was just trying to come up for more game MIDI songs to record for my channel.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Welp, I think I met a bug in the game.

If you die before you kill Crane and reload, you see two Ryans: one killing Crane and the other standing in the doorway. The scene whre this blue orb floats out of Crane's body ensues and the game stays in busy mode. The time advances second by second but the game doesn't. Also, reloading from an earlier save two saves back doesn't help.[/spolier]

Halp?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Crane is the first murder? Just restart the game.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So this means that those floppy discs where I copied the game 15 years ago are now legal ?

:yeah:

Yes, he is. Is this a common bug in the game or is this something that occurs in ScummVM? And is this only for the talkie version or for both non-talkie and talkie?
sounds like a scummvm bug. I never encountered it before and never heard of it either, but I played the non-talkie version in dos and dosbox

marooned

Liturgist
Yes, DreamWeb, the cyberpunk adventure is now legally freeware :D

Get it here:

http://www.scummvm.org/news/20121021

Erm, it wasn't before? oops..

ScummVM said:
If you happen to own an original version not yet available on our download page, please contact us so we can work on making it free too!

Damn, Reds everywhere. :keepmyjewgold:

DreamWeb? : )

Suchy

Arcane
I forget, did this have pre-recorded music or did it use MIDI?
Pre-recorded in both CD and floppy versions. And the soundtrack is fucking awesome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom