Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EA/Mythic Entertainment mount Ultima's corpse so they can kill it again

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Main page just changed. Two classes revealed. Fightman. Magicman.
Sorcerous tits image and map of Britannia.

abija

Prophet
Are you sure it's a Bioware game and not just another company tagged as Bioware by EA like the upcoming C&C game? Looking at the games dropdown on bioware.com seems they mashed a lot of stuff there.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The first great Western RPG has been lovingly restored in Ultima Forever - return to the Ultima series in BioWare's new cross-platform action RPG. Accept the challenge from Lady British and save the land of Britannia. Play as the Fighter or the Mage and travel alone or with friends, restore virtue and become the Avatar!
A little part of me just died.

I tried to register. I really did. Couldn't get past the first page.

:weepinginacorner:

kazgar

Arcane

Is there a direct link to the main page so people without origin or not giving that much of a shit can see?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Is there a direct link to the main page so people without origin or not giving that much of a shit can see?

No. Afraid not. Here's...the main page of Ultima 4Ever bottom parts captured.

p4free.jpg

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

http://ultimaforever.com/

The gypsy now looks like a sexed up little tart:
u4e_concepts_gypsy.jpg

So the game that allowed teen players to experience a quest for Enlightenment is now being sexualized in order to bring the new generation of teens some gratuitous tits and ass. It's like a metaphor for everything that has gone wrong in the CRPG industry. Ultima 4 was my first real CRPG. I played it with my little brother when I was in Middle School. We played Ultima 5 with the Vietnamese kid who lived down our street, and Ultima 3 with my Italian friend on his NES. I'm going to get over this, but right now I just feel dirty and violated.

Alex

Arcane
aaugh.jpg

Seriously, this day has been stinking horrible. My garage gate broke, I had more trouble assigned to me at work, I got into a lengthy discussion where people assumed the worst about me and now this?!

zad_killing-joke-385_5251.jpg

made

Arcane
I'm not even an Ultima fan and this still stings.
I am and I don't give a shit. Not like they haven't tried to slap the Ultima brand on various unrelated products from the day it became widely popular.
At least it will be good for a few laughs.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
"Be virtuous and spread the word"? What the fuck? So spamming your friends with advertisements is a virtue? Eat shit, EA.

Morkar Left

So everything is as we expected it would turn out? I have to admit I'm getting some kinky satisfaction out of this...

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
I'm not even an Ultima fan and this still stings.
I am and I don't give a shit. Not like they haven't tried to slap the Ultima brand on various unrelated products from the day it became widely popular.
At least it will be good for a few laughs.
I guess it's just my dislike for BioWare and its fans. We all know that some people are going to look at the title of the game and remember it for their review of Dragon Age 3: Emotional Buttfuck to open the first paragraph with following line:
"Dragon Age 3 is the new RPG by BioWare, the revolutionary creators of Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment and the acclaimed Ultima series."

I know I should not care about other people's ignorance, but shit like that kills me a little bit every time I see it.

Comte

The Release of Ultima IX was the death of the series for me. This is just an abomination. On the bright side though you get to hook up with a tranny Lord British.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
So the game that allowed teen players to experience a quest for Enlightenment is now being sexualized in order to bring the new generation of teens some gratuitous tits and ass. It's like a metaphor for everything that has gone wrong in the CRPG industry. Ultima 4 was my first real CRPG. I played it with my little brother when I was in Middle School. We played Ultima 5 with the Vietnamese kid who lived down our street, and Ultima 3 with my Italian friend on his NES. I'm going to get over this, but right now I just feel dirty and violated.

Well, it's still much better than this:

ultima-reborn.jpg

...for now.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Is this just another cheap action-rpg MMO a'la Warhammer Online?

Fuck off.
Moar liek Facebook RPG. Free to play, but gotta spend real cash to get the phat ducats, bro. Mantras, just $2.99/hour.

:troll:

mondblut

Arcane
A glorious rape is incoming. Garriott and Hamburger Helper, a marriage made in heaven. Everything bad about "an RPG is when you play a role" Ultima and everything bad about "we port Final Fantasy to 40 years old housewives" Bioware, combined in a single package, that's enough to make Earth implode into a black hole and consume the sun.

Agonizing screeches of despairing ultimafags will be a music to my ears. Still, I do wish for everyone involved to catch AIDS and see their kids die of cancer. The vengeful spirit of early nineties is reaching from beyond the grave, and it is not happy.

The DS screenshots above are quite delightful though. Tits and ass FTW, not to mention it apparently was to feature twice as many stats as any Ultima proper. Chances are, it would be the closest Ultima got near RPGs since Exodus.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
"Be virtuous and spread the word"? What the fuck? So spamming your friends with advertisements is a virtue? Eat shit, EA.

I believe this refers to the Virtue of Justice. Justice is devotion to truth (Ultima Forever is AWESOME) tempered by love (you love your friends enough to share this truth with them).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Bioware said:

Bioware Mythic. So a straight-to-F2P mmorpg. I guess they learned their lesson from TORtanic. Except the actual game will probably be even shittier than WAR/TOR. Also, more likely to rape the IP than Star Wars/Warhammer since no external company controls the IP rights.

So let's ask Wikipedia what the studio has released in the past?

Yeah...

That's an impressive pedigree of decline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom