Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
For folks who are used to PB's idiosyncrasies, Risen 3 is a pretty solid RPG experience.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
:bounce:

c5b12b852b789afa0885b318214b3722.png

Last edited:

circ

Arcane
i ont only pre-ordered. i'm thinking of moving to another time zone so i can have ELEX EVEN SOONER.

THATS how much this boring-ass amzing gameplay viedo has affecetd me. im struck with ELEX fever. doctor please is there no cure??

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
For folks who are used to PB's idiosyncrasies, Risen 3 is a pretty solid RPG experience.
Hard to call Risen 3 any experince, since everything in game can be defeated on level 1 without problem, that's even more ridicoulus than in Gothic 3.
I seriously don't know what parts of Risen 3 weren't shit, maybe some parts of world exploring?
I am not sure if roll/dodge was from start in Risen 3, first 2 times I finished Risen 2 was without it beceause I didn't know it will come with incoming patches :negative:
So plot is bad, crafting is rather bad, factions were more like substitute of real factions, progress was not existent, characters got changed into some stupid cliches, end of the game is laughable.
And, of course, boss battles that I don't really remember EXCPET Sea Monsters. I wish person who invented it got fired. So fucking bad.
I can't believe that I even finished this game.

Kahr

Hard to call Risen 3 any experince, since everything in game can be defeated on level 1 without problem, that's even more ridicoulus than in Gothic 3.
I seriously don't know what parts of Risen 3 weren't shit, maybe some parts of world exploring?
I am not sure if roll/dodge was from start in Risen 3, first 2 times I finished Risen 2 was without it beceause I didn't know it will come with incoming patches :negative:
So plot is bad, crafting is rather bad, factions were more like substitute of real factions, progress was not existent, characters got changed into some stupid cliches, end of the game is laughable.
And, of course, boss battles that I don't really remember EXCPET Sea Monsters. I wish person who invented it got fired. So fucking bad.
I can't believe that I even finished this game.
At least you got 3 different guilds again compared to Risen 2 "guilds". Worst thing was that they aren't even opposed to each other, which is the trend of abolishing guilds since Gothic 3.
How great it would have been if you just could join Rebels or Orcs... :(

Exploration, the key point of PB games, was much better in R3 compared to R2. Just look at the islands in R2: small and linear.
In Risen 3 the islands got bigger and there was little stuff you could find here and there. (though nothing really interesting)
The map markers for the treasures totally destroyed exploration in both though. Lazy and boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kahr

What i hope for ELEX is that the guilds are opposed to each other and that the guild choice has some influence on the ending.
Maybe different perspectives on the whole thing like in AoD.
At this point i'm curious if they will end it the classic big dungeon like in most their games (Risen 2 Mara was extremely short though) or
with some c&c like in Gothic 3, which was a good idea on paper, but the stuff you had to do was just boring.
Since this is Gothic 3.2 i hope for the later in fixed version.

Jinn

Arcane
Björn: I need to mention that there were many decisions that we had to accept. For Risen. Many decisions were not ours. Nothing more needs to be said.

Just going to leave this here from the 2016 RPGcodex Gamescon interview about ELEX in regards to the development of Risen 2 and 3. Seems pretty relevant.

Kahr

Björn: I need to mention that there were many decisions that we had to accept. For Risen. Many decisions were not ours. Nothing more needs to be said.

Just going to leave this here from the 2016 RPGcodex Gamescon interview about ELEX in regards to the development of Risen 2 and 3. Seems pretty relevant.
It's just a cheap excuse to give the fault again to the publisher.
"It's Deep Silvers fault."
"It's JoWoods fault."
"It's Shoeboxes fault."

Of course these are crappy publishers, but i don't fall for this easy way to clean yourself of your sins.
JoWood and Deep Silver can't ruin the whole game. PB must be really bad in communicating it's intentions. (and in making the fucking game)

Would you believe Bioware if it would use that simple trick?

Will it be Nordics fault? We will see.

Lord Andre

Arcane

I bought it on day one at full price. In fact it is the only game I own on Steam, for everything else I've used GOG until now.

I guess Grimoire and Elex will be 2nd and 3rd.

Hey man ELEX is coming out on gog! Don't feed the gaben...

I don't know man... GOG sucks at patching new games because the retards won't simply upload the raw data, they have this retarded process they insist they have to go through.

I got burned more than once by that shit so fuck'em. If the game is just coming out, I'm buying from Steam until the retards at GOG fix that shit... I've wrote the faggots a million times asking "what's the fucking point of GOG Galaxy if you won't simply upload the raw build from the developer" ? They wrote back some gibberish about needing to test the binaries for "potato goblins"...

So yeah... Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom