Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Tigranes

Arcane
No way. Stats cost 5 points for 1 starting at 60 or so no way you meet the requirements for all the stuff you want by 25.

Even with heavy elex abuse... I'm running out of money but not skills I want.

Whoa 5 is a lot, i guess it keeps you wanting more all the way. And yeah having natural elex for sale means I am constantly short of money still (10k for warrior armour!) Though i dont obsessively pickpocket and steal every mug.

Re. Infinite skies i mean all the postapoc stuff in this game so far is just fallout fan fiction so... i did find a place hinting at daNgerous experiments etc.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any preferences on melee vs. ranged combat so far? Kinda interested to know what routes people are going. I've been bashing everything down so far, but I'm only like level 6 or so and lightyears away from using any good equipment.

I mostly use melee but the plasma rifle with explosive bolts are really useful when enemies are grouped up or you just need to take down one angry motha and rather avoid close combat. It keeps stunning them by throwing them all over the place. There is no reason not to use ranged weapons I think, since many melee weapons require both str and dex.

Raapys

Arcane
So I finished the game today. One thing I can't figure out
is there anything after the credits roll or not? I got a quest to go talk to all the important quest NPCs and followers, did all my business but I got stuck with Logan. I talk with him but it doesn't complete his final quest, and I can't kill him either since he just gets stunned. Am I locked out of anything relevant to the story or can I just quit the game here?
Will post thoughts, impressions and suggestions to players later.
Yeah, after I'd talked with everybody for that final Main Quest thing(after ending credits), I got a summary of how companions and shit ended up, i.e. ending slides.

Talking with all faction bosses + all companions + mechanic in center city seemed to trigger it. It's just dialog + slides though, no game content.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So I finished the game today. One thing I can't figure out
is there anything after the credits roll or not? I got a quest to go talk to all the important quest NPCs and followers, did all my business but I got stuck with Logan. I talk with him but it doesn't complete his final quest, and I can't kill him either since he just gets stunned. Am I locked out of anything relevant to the story or can I just quit the game here?
Will post thoughts, impressions and suggestions to players later.
Yeah, after I'd talked with everybody for that final Main Quest thing(after ending credits), I got a summary of how companions and shit ended up, i.e. ending slides.

Talking with all faction bosses + all companions + mechanic in center city seemed to trigger it. It's just dialog + slides though, no game content.

Well shit. I don't know how to get past Logan's trigger. Seems like I'm stuck.

Raapys

Arcane
Well shit. I don't know how to get past Logan's trigger. Seems like I'm stuck.
Ah, that's nasty. I didn't get quest for Logan though, but for William(guy to the right from main entrance in Fort, Logan's cousin or some shit). I might have killed Logan up in Alb territory though, not sure. The Outlaws there attacked me after main quest due to ending choice.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any preferences on melee vs. ranged combat so far? Kinda interested to know what routes people are going. I've been bashing everything down so far, but I'm only like level 6 or so and lightyears away from using any good equipment.
I started out wih a bow, but I didn't like the ranged combat. I'm now focusing on melee+magic.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I spent all my elexite on elex.... Now I'm out of elexite sources because I did all the quests... Faction armor is 10k.

Choices and consequences...

Protip: be on the lookout for rare herbs of you want to make potions to permanently increase up, stamina, etc.

One rank of the stamina talent gives 20 stamina, so both give 40. The potion gives... 20. That's huge. I drank two already. Can swing like a madman.

frajaq

Erudite
So how bad of an idea is it to join Factions as soon as possible? You lose a lot of potential XP for doing other faction's quests right?

Tigranes

Arcane
Jasede dont you need recipes? Ive been hoarding em without looking in the gothic tradition.

I really like how theyve integrated jetpack into the map design, many nice touches in high places. Golden whispers, the one place high up a mountaintop with a caged skeleton swaying in the breeze.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I spent all my elexite on elex.... Now I'm out of elexite sources because I did all the quests... Faction armor is 10k.

Choices and consequences...

Protip: be on the lookout for rare herbs of you want to make potions to permanently increase up, stamina, etc.

One rank of the stamina talent gives 20 stamina, so both give 40. The potion gives... 20. That's huge. I drank two already. Can swing like a madman.
Some of the big mutants drop pure/natural elex. I am maxing my 3rd attribute. Also i used trainer for learning points,having only one point per level doesn't feel like PB game. Only attributes and cash should matter. Also i am archer build and don't care about swinging,the mele combat is shit.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Recipes are buggy. You can make strong elex potion even with only normal recipe. That's a bug as the big one has a recipe. Will likely be fixed.

As for the permanent hp, stamina, psi potions - you need a recipe for those. I'll be hard to miss if you find the neutral village. Not the domed city.

Last edited:

Tygrende

Arbiter
1 hours 13 minutes in, having a blast so far.

I've been savescumming to climb this transmission tower for like 5-10 minutes. Worth it.

6b0077e0270ad13db7e1e4b85a738edc.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Recipes are buggy. You can make strong elex potion even with only normal recipe. That's a bug as the big one has a recipe. Will likely be fixed.
It would be weird when Alb commander will not know how to make elex potion.

ortucis

Prophet
Has anyone found out who that little ghost girl near Cleric area is? I am still exploring, trying to find her, I keep hearing her voice every now and then.

Unless, it's not in-game..

Checks the basement..

I hate that sound. Also been looking for the source. Maybe it's just the music.

Nah it isn't music. It starts randomly in some areas like we aren't able to see the girl. Maybe she's invisible and trying to ask for help? Quest related or something we need to find.

Take companion with good ranged weapon (Caja and Falk work). Choose good position. Shot 1 arrow/bolt and wait for the companion to shoot and stop, shoot another arrow/bolt. Much more efficient.

That doesn't work since every fucking enemy just walks up to you to punch you in the face. And if they can't get up to you? They just hug the wall below you while your companion keeps shooting floor to get to them, somehow. Basically, it just forces you to go down to melee again and companions can't be set to ranged only, they come down to melee as well. Derp.

Also, unlocked Flamethrower, excited, ran outside to try it on a bunch of enemies:

WBbbGA1.png

Why can we run with it at full speed on back and only walk like an asshole when it's in our hands?

Way past that now, I am enjoying the Laser Rifle more. Full auto, really brings down enemy health before they can even get to you. I need to unlock workbench now.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

Choices and consequences....
Selling animal trophies and cigarettes is a pretty stable source of income.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Why can we run with it at full speed on back and only walk like an asshole when it's in our hands?
Heavy category weapons (Kaboom, rocket launchers and flamers) do that. I think there's some ability to make it less bad though.
Where can I find a shotgun that doesn't have absurd skill requirements?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The 2nd tier faction armor is a waste of money imo. By the time I had enough money saved up for the whole set I was already level 25 and tier 3 with my faction, so I just continued to save up and bought the Legate (3rd tier) armor instead. They need to slash the amount of money that it costs to buy tier 2 armor by half to make it feasible and affordable without forcing the player to go out of his way to grind the money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom