Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Raapys

Arcane
Is the Modify Weapon option in the workbench only for Berzerkers? If so, what exactly are the options?

ortucis

Prophet
Money is not a issue in this game (without unlocking any animal skinning skills). I constantly have over 4000 Elexit with me and I haven't bothered selling a lot of items I've been picking up for over 10 hrs now. That means, if I need money, I'll just dump most of my inventory (shitload of cigarettes, hammers, brooms, mugs..etc.)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Money is not a issue in this game (without unlocking any animal skinning skills). I constantly have over 4000 Elexit with me and I haven't bothered selling a lot of items I've been picking up for over 10 hrs now. That means, if I need money, I'll just dump most of my inventory (shitload of cigarettes, hammers, brooms, mugs..etc.)

4k elex is nothing. You're going to need a lot more than that if you want the end game gear and skills.

odrzut

Arcane
Take companion with good ranged weapon (Caja and Falk work). Choose good position. Shot 1 arrow/bolt and wait for the companion to shoot and stop, shoot another arrow/bolt. Much more efficient.

That doesn't work since every fucking enemy just walks up to you to punch you in the face. And if they can't get up to you? They just hug the wall below you while your companion keeps shooting floor to get to them, somehow. Basically, it just forces you to go down to melee again and companions can't be set to ranged only, they come down to melee as well. Derp.

Well it doesn't work in every situation, but works well when you have good terrain. For example against the canibals it worked very well. Also against the mutants
protecting elex from Caja
Also against mech (it got stunlocked by Falk grenades). And enemies prefered to shoot me if they could (and most could), so you just need to stand at such angle, that they can shoot you, can't hit you, but your companion can hit them.

With companions it's sometimes better to leav them (dialog->stay here), and then go fight below. But usually they go melee anyway.

ortucis
4000 elex is 40 natural elex = 20 small elex potions + 20 natural elex = 10 elex potions = 20 attributes points = 2 levels. I bought more already and I'm on 10th level.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

Sure money is an issue if you want to get to 85 level dexterity fast. So much elex potions, i've bought like 200 of pure elex so far.

ortucis

Prophet

4k elex is nothing. You're going to need a lot more than that if you want the end game gear and skills.

I am only level 14, 4000-5000 is always in my inventory even though I am not selling anything.

If I start selling everything I'm picking up, it'll go up in an instant.

McPlusle

Savant
Is this game going to click with me better than Gothic 1/2 did if I loved everything about those games except the combat? It's safe to assume the combat feels at least a little better in Elex, right?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I... sadly don't think it feels much better. It feels the same... but blocking is slightly easier, there's a dodge roll and a special finisher move.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

I am only level 14, 4000-5000 is always in my inventory even though I am not selling anything.

Even with the max trophy hunting skill I still had to grind for money to afford all the new upgrades, and that skill gives mad amounts of cash. What you think is a lot of money now will easily be spent in an instant once the price of raising your skills goes up to the thousands per skill.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
This game is unironically the best action RPG this year, maybe these past 3 years.
Just a few:
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Andromeda
Witcher 3
Dark Souls 3
Even Fallout 4, which is retarded, has the same or better quality than Elex.

You insult the genre saying that shit. You should be ashamed.

And ONLY DS3 can pretend for something. The rest is a SHIT - open-world Witcher 3 with outright killed exploration, when wepon from treasure become shit after 10 minutes left and you visited smith.
Fallout 4 is a good rogue-like 3D game, with mediocre exploration, combat and quests. The rest I won't even comment lol.
Bear with it - Elex is a best Action-RPG of last years and PURE (cleaned and enriched to 98%) incline.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
XHxq1Y9.jpg

Seems the polish version is very progressive. What you see is supposedly a female hermit[pustelniczka in polish is female hermit] xD Looks like gender reassigment surgery took a huge step back since the comet hit xD

ortucis

Prophet

Even with the max trophy hunting skill I still had to grind for money to afford all the new upgrades, and that skill gives mad amounts of cash. What you think is a lot of money now will easily be spent in an instant once the price of raising your skills goes up to the thousands per skill.

I do have one level in that haggle skill, maybe that's why skill purchases have all been cheaper so far.

Anyone knows if that skill affects skill purchases?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Take companion with good ranged weapon (Caja and Falk work). Choose good position. Shot 1 arrow/bolt and wait for the companion to shoot and stop, shoot another arrow/bolt. Much more efficient.

That doesn't work since every fucking enemy just walks up to you to punch you in the face. And if they can't get up to you? They just hug the wall below you while your companion keeps shooting floor to get to them, somehow. Basically, it just forces you to go down to melee again and companions can't be set to ranged only, they come down to melee as well. Derp.

Well it doesn't work in every situation, but works well when you have good terrain. For example against the canibals it worked very well. Also against the mutants
protecting elex from Caja
Also against mech (it got stunlocked by Falk grenades). And enemies prefered to shoot me if they could (and most could), so you just need to stand at such angle, that they can shoot you, can't hit you, but your companion can hit them.

With companions it's sometimes better to leav them (dialog->stay here), and then go fight below. But usually they go melee anyway.

ortucis
4000 elex is 40 natural elex = 20 small elex potions + 20 natural elex = 10 elex potions = 20 attributes points = 2 levels. I bought more already and I'm on 10th level.
Why don't you make it with 4 natural and 2 alcohol? Also does anyone knows what you have to do to finish "New Findings" and "For handful of shards" ? I am at chapter 4 and those two don't want to progress their quest. It is really annoying.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I do have one level in that haggle skill, maybe that's why skill purchases have all been cheaper so far.

Anyone knows if that skill affects skill purchases?
It doesn't,but affects natural elex's price. And that is attribute points. Useful skills that i found are: Picklocking,pickpocketing,haggle,animal trophies,hacking,alchemy,practitioner and the crafting skill. Also bookworm is a bug/dead skill. I haven't found a single book that gives you xp.

ortucis

Prophet
Yeah, I have a gear item that gives bonus to Bookworm, but never ran across any books that give boosts to XP or attributes. Initially I thought, reading all the readable items you pickup might give you some XP with that skill, but I don't think that's it.

I wonder if they're working on a patch, anyone has any info on upcoming patch? Maybe from non-english forum? I read about 1.01 patch changes but I think all those were included in English release of 1.0.

Oh and I see a lot of visual glitches happening in this game, especially inside the dome I am in, forcing a game restart to make them vanish.

Steam Overlay or any other kind of overlay (Afterburner) is definitely increasing visual glitches along with crashes. Without any overlay app, game never crashes but every now and then, I see visual glitches. Game needs patches ASAP.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
This fucking fall damage is killing me.

1) enemies dont stop pursuing. so anytime one gets attacked by an over leveled enemy, running away is only possible if one can vertically jetpack out of range. otherwise one can run for days and create a train of monsters who never care that they are miles from home.
2) fucking fall damage. I die more from jumping around than anything else. An 8 foot roof? -- Instant Death! Things that wouldnt sprain an ankle kill this dude.
3) dialogue is soooo boring. way worse than Gothic games, worse than all the Risen games, and is at LEAST as bad as Two Worlds. (excpet less boobs)
4.) apparently PC is legally blind.

odrzut

Arcane
Why don't you make it with 4 natural and 2 alcohol? Also does anyone knows what you have to do to finish "New Findings" and "For handful of shards" ? I am at chapter 4 and those two don't want to progress their quest. It is really annoying.
Damn... I had no recipe, assumed it works out the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom