Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware End State - turn-based tactics by Finnish lunatic - now available on Early Access(!)

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Huh, another episode like Chaos Chronicles/Demons Age/Realms Beyond and Copper Dreams/Mechajammer.

Woo, don't buy anything in EA or give money to Kickstarter. :P

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If not I hope that the investor axes him and hires someone to finish the job to some degree at least. That might be for the best for everyone involved.

Depends on the contract, but unless the investor has a good knowledge of the right people to hire, it will probably just lead to vaporware being sold as is for the same price.

Huh, another episode like Chaos Chronicles/Demons Age/Realms Beyond and Copper Dreams/Mechajammer.

Mechajammer did deliver. Unfortunately, it was late, in a different art style with wildly different mechanics, with loads of bugs. And it was bad. But hey, at least we got Dhaze out of it.

Vast majority of kickstarters fail at some level. It's just the nature of the beast. Gamedev is hard as fuck.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Mechajammer did deliver. Unfortunately, it was late, in a different art style with wildly different mechanics, with loads of bugs. And it was bad. But hey, at least we got Dhaze out of it.

Vast majority of kickstarters fail at some level. It's just the nature of the beast. Gamedev is hard as fuck.

No arguments here. MechaJammer wasn't a scam, just unfortunate. Just like it sounds like this one probably also isn't a scam.

I've just started to think that people should fund their own projects (or sell the rights to investors and act as a contractor) and deliver something tangible before putting up funds. Too many scams or people who just, for the life of them, don't understand the importance of a project/business manager, and don't accomplish anything worthwhile, assuming they don't just put your money up their nose.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I got this on EA fully aware that this might never get fully released. (My guess is that there is 95% chance that it will stay in EA hell, but my curiosity took the upper hand, so my common sense had to back off in shame.)

Vityaz

Augur
Wow, I see this dude has finished doing mobile game shit, so that he could finally squeeze out a bare bones early access title at the very least. Good for him.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
June update 0.2.0
Early Access 0.2.0: June 2023

New features:
  • Initial implementation of region alarm level
  • Initial implementation of enemy reinforcements
  • Initial implementation of rocket launcher
  • New mission type: infiltration
  • Extraction for missions: player characters can leave missions by going to the edges of map
  • Shop for trading items
  • Enemy corpses are lootable
Other:
  • Mission rewards adjusted to have more emphasis on looting
  • Adjustments to lighting settings
  • Adjustments to post-processing effects
  • Adjustments to satellite map graphics
  • Adjustments to menu graphics
  • Adjustments to fog of war
  • Missions start in tactical satellite view
  • Added foliage transparency fading based on camera proximity
  • Vertical sync added to settings
Minor changes:
  • Weapons now use magazines
  • Preliminary mission descriptions
  • Adjustments to UI
  • 83% less beards for characters

Hmmm JA3 is actually picking up hype and interest, sales numbers good too, quick, dust off the abandoned project and pretend it's still being actively developed, ride the wave of others' success.

Jeskis

Brother
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Surprisingly little discussion about what seems to be an ultimate squad based turn based tactics rpg new jagged alliance. Is it good?

geno

Savant
Surprisingly little discussion about what seems to be an ultimate squad based turn based tactics rpg new jagged alliance. Is it good?
Not much to discuss since right now it is barebones and you can't do many things besides testing the mechanics.
It's a good base, if they can give meaningful content to the current gameplay it will be a solid title.
Unfortunately the updates are quite slow and not that exciting and I guess the original plan of being on early access for a year has failed (as expected).
Maybe after another year the project will be solid enough to judge it.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
The real question is whether its even being worked on at this point.
Developer's latest message, that I found, on discord is from August.
Yeah, it's been quite active few days. We're still aiming for one update during December

edit.
Found this on Steam forums:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/580640/discussions/0/3911997462234511801/
"It is progressing. I can't say for sure when the next update is going to hit at this stage. Lately it has been mostly about world/story building. UI has been getting some overhauls as well to speed up things in the long run. Last week we took part in Gamescom for networking and for other matters. This week we're returning to the office."
-Botanist

Solid sized update expected around christmas, mostly a lot of systems being overhauled mostly on the framework level to allow future development to be significantly faster. At least that's the hope. Including framework for things like destruction, shooting through walls, and weather that may or may not affect stats.

geno

Savant
If you check the discord you can find Botanist chatting about random stuff, like water tech, showing updated models with underwear or how work is progressing in specific areas
There are currently materials that define what the obstacles are made off, so technically it should work. Shooting through walls, I mean. I Can't recall exactly if this was supported currently with UI and whatnot . Destruction is currently wip and should be more polished at later stage. There are some procedural shader effects that would allow gradual destruction per object, but it is not implemented. Currently destruction works for some objects and they have destroyed version of them or they are completely destroyed leaving debris or particle effects behind. This is something we need to balance: which objects are in need of destructible variants and which should not be able to be destroyed. Firefights can technically affect the environment. Props, windows etc. can be made to be destroyed when stray bullet hits them. Currently there are not many props in use that can be destroyed. Not exactly sure of the status of these kind of destructible props though. Personally I love that the environment would drastically change during combat. All that extra clutter, debris, dust etc. would make it feel like that firefight has happened. Gore is something we have liked to do previously. Currently there are simple blood splashes when enemies are killed. Gore is something I would personally like to see improved in the future. No dismemberment at this stage though, maybe later!

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
At this point it feels kind of weird when a game does actually make it out of early access. Wait what, that‘s supposed to be happening?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Check impressions from earlier in the thread. It potentially could have potential. It feels potentially promising, but there's not much there for now. I only played when it came out on EA. I'll wait another 6-12 months before trying again. By that time, there may have been an update or two. For now, it's in an alpha state.

Jeskis

Brother
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Check impressions from earlier in the thread. It potentially could have potential. It feels potentially promising, but there's not much there for now. I only played when it came out on EA. I'll wait another 6-12 months before trying again. By that time, there may have been an update or two. For now, it's in an alpha state.
Yeah, I’ve skimmed through the thread and was thoroughly anticipating reading the post EA feedback, but apparently it’s pretty scarce. Guess there isn’t really much to discuss yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom