Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware [Ended]WEG Star Wars 2E Revised, Expanded, and Updated [A Phoenix Rises Post-Endor Campaign]

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Yesterday we had a special make up session of the game to let a few players that missed the regular game the Sunday before.

One of the Shais naval lines jumps into Eothe space and engage another ISD II, 2 Loronar Strike Cruisers, 2 Liberator Cruisers, 1 Carrack Light Cruiser, 3 TIE Fighter Squadrons, 3 TIE Interceptor Squadrons, and 1 TIE Bomber Squadron. The Imperials got initiative for once, so the ISD II, 1 Liberator, and 1 Loronar managed to get their shields up. One of the Liberators opened fire on a Hammer Frigate and rolled a 1 on the wild die. As such, their fire hit a squadron of TIEs wiping them out as they were in between the Liberator and the Hammer. All the rest of the fire failed to penetrate the shields and hull of the Shais ships.

Shais navy returned fire taking down all but the ISD II. Due to this, the ISD II captain failed his morale check and surrendered. Turns out it was Khorban Thalcyon who is King Bartan's brother. Bartan launched all troop transports to land 6 regiments of troops to do a boarding action. The regiment the party traveled with docked at a hatch on the bridge and they disembarked amidst hundreds of stormtroopers lining the hallway leading to the bridge. Once the group entered the bridge, Bartan tried to persuade his brother to surrender, but due to Khorban's kids being butchered, Alan was framed for it, he refused to listen.

Kiber locked the blast doors to seal the party, the bridge crew, and Khorban. Avin fired at Khorban then ducked behind a bulkhead. Bartan tried to get the crew to surrender, but failed. He also took a shot at Khorban. Alan took a shot at Khorban then moved up into the main part of the bridge. Jenijani charged all the way across the bridge to engage her uncle. She was filled with rage over the fact her uncle had her entire family murdered. Zago hid behind cover due to being a pacifist. Horus tossed a stun grenade that stunned 7 of the 20 bridge crew for a few minutes.

Khorban attacks Jenijani who parries his lightsaber strikes. The bridge crew failed their morale checks and dropped their weapons in the response. This was after Avin failed to intimidate them, but Bartan was successful in his persuasion.

Avin moved up to where some of the bridge crew were stunned by a console. Alan continued to move forward and received a few shots from the bridge crew before they dropped their weapons. Bartan also took a few shots, but they also missed. Kiber sliced into the consoles to begin the process of sealing all the blast doors on the ship to make it easier for the Shais military to take control.

Jenijani tapped into the Dark Side and got a few more dice to continue her attack against her uncle Khorban. She succeeded in taking off his hand at the wrist that held his lightsaber. Khorban falls to his knees holding his wounded arm. Alan held his action as he acted before she did. She decides that she's going to cut Khorban down where he stood, so she tries to cut off his head. Alan blocks the blow.

Zago tells Jenijani that he understands her pain and that she needs to let go. If she lets it consume her she will regret it. In response, she turns off her lightsaber and walks past the party to stand by the bulkhead.

That's when the game stopped.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Two things I found funny.

Ismaul, the big bad mercenary, shooting an unconscious guy, and a dude that surrendered. Also, when trying to intimidate the bridge crew, lost his nerve in the speech. Perfect stuff.

Then, when I considered spacing the soldiers, own troopers included, which would give me 57000 darkside points. This got my loyalty questioned by the group :)

And yeah, the fact that the imperials had another amateur night when it comes to space combat. Losing everything within 5 seconds, failing to raise shields and demolishing their own fighters. This session had many good & funny moments.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
@Ismaul, the big bad mercenary, shooting an unconscious guy, and a dude that surrendered. Also, when trying to intimidate the bridge crew, lost his nerve in the speech. Perfect stuff.
Hey man, it was simultaneous.

Not my fault the guy falls inconscious as a bullet strikes him, or that some dude drops his weapon as he gets shot. Also, what are you talking about man? The intimidate worked, they pissed their pants. And then it seemed like my gun jammed, but I was just playing with their heads. *click click*

Frankly though, 4 crit fails on about twice as many rolls, that's my luck. But you have to admit that this system has a very high chance of crit failure, 1/6 for every roll.

Also, JamesDixon, slight correction, Avin never shot at Khorban. That was a family matter in Avin's eyes, and he would only have intervened if the king demanded it. Also, he moved up before intimidating, but, minor details.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
@Ismaul, the big bad mercenary, shooting an unconscious guy, and a dude that surrendered. Also, when trying to intimidate the bridge crew, lost his nerve in the speech. Perfect stuff.
Hey man, it was simultaneous.

Not my fault the guy falls inconscious as a bullet strikes him, or that some dude drops his weapon as he gets shot. Also, what are you talking about man? The intimidate worked, they pissed their pants. And then it seemed like my gun jammed, but I was just playing with their heads. *click click*

Frankly though, 4 crit fails on about twice as many rolls, that's my luck. But you have to admit that this system has a very high chance of crit failure, 1/6 for every roll.

Also, JamesDixon, slight correction, Avin never shot at Khorban. That was a family matter in Avin's eyes, and he would only have intervened if the king demanded it. Also, he moved up before intimidating, but, minor details.

I stand corrected. Now to issue my own. Your blaster didn't jam. The magazine was dry. All you had to do was swap magazines to fix the problem. ;)

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Then, when I considered spacing the soldiers, own troopers included, which would give me 57000 darkside points. This got my loyalty questioned by the group
You have to wonder what's the value of 57K Dark Side points. Would you just instantly become the most powerful DS user in the universe? I mean, how many did Vader have in his entire existence, or Palpatine?

Imagine someone living a long 80 years (rare for a Sith). That's 29.2K days. So you'd have to earn on average 2 Dark Side points every day of your existence to get to 57K.

Seems like taking the 57K is quite the good deal, if you're cultivating a bad boy image. Chick-magnet right there. And what else could a man wish for?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Darth Vader at the time of Return of the Jedi had 30 Dark Side Points and Palpy had 43. That's according to WEG Galaxy Guide 5 Return of the Jedi. :lol:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Then, when I considered spacing the soldiers, own troopers included, which would give me 57000 darkside points. This got my loyalty questioned by the group
You have to wonder what's the value of 57K Dark Side points. Would you just instantly become the most powerful DS user in the universe? I mean, how many did Vader have in his entire existence, or Palpatine?

Imagine someone living a long 80 years (rare for a Sith). That's 29.2K days. So you'd have to earn on average 2 Dark Side points every day of your existence to get to 57K.

Seems like taking the 57K is quite the good deal, if you're cultivating a bad boy image. Chick-magnet right there. And what else could a man wish for?

It would be a waste on my guy, though. I have no connection to the force.

Just thinking, If it works like this, Grand Moff Tarkin must be the most evil dark force user ever.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
My impression of the bridge fight. Might not be 100% accurate! But hey, the winner gets to decide the history.

starwarspnpbridgefight2blur.png

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Your impression Alienman? B-but it's from the point of view of the enemy! Another hint at your traitorous turn?

Also I like how your version has no Jenijani.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Your impression Alienman? B-but it's from the point of view of the enemy! Another hint at your traitorous turn?

That's because her awesomeness cannot be captured in art. She must experienced in person. :D

She's already behind the POV character. Nothin' personnel, kidz

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
This is pretty cool. I see your campaign has a lot of large-scale space battles, does the system handle those well?

Yeah it works really well. When you use the combined actions rule and group weapons to where every three gives a +1 damage bonus combat ends rather quickly.

For example, if you have 12 Turbolaser batteries with a base damage of 4D your ship gets a +3D to your damage. I stop the combined actions at 10D base damage though.

This makes shields be very important and how they're placed.

I let every player take control of a Shais naval ship along with the accompanying fighter squadrons while they fight against me as the Imperials.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
I hope everyone is still giving thoughts to our poor stormtrooper refugees and how to treat them (ethically). No sarlacc pits.

Then we have the 5-hour session to discuss Shais economy, so we can avoid it becoming scheisse on the galactic stage.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I hope everyone is still giving thoughts to our poor stormtrooper refugees and how to treat them (ethically). No sarlacc pits.

Then we have the 5-hour session to discuss Shais economy, so we can avoid it becoming scheisse on the galactic stage.
Camps, my dude. POWs build killer bathhouses, in my experience.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron

Camps, my dude. POWs build killer bathhouses, in my experience.
This experience related in any way to your sig? :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom