Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Escape From Ripag's Watch - A chaos Space Marine Quest

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A3

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A3

Personally I'm not 100% sure of how to approach this. If its an Inquisition ship, and it does feel like an =I= vessel, then I think they will feel suspicious about some loyalist Space Marines wanting to get to their ship.
Best to go quick while we can still get the jump on them.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Then obviously we should go for the enginarium and make a big boom of it, a worthy sacrifice to the Gods undivided. Maybe tampering with the gellar field would be enough, but I'd like to push the Big Red Button if necessary.

A2

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe tampering with the gellar field would be enough
Tampering with the gellar field generators while the ship is not in the Warp won't do anything (because the field is just used while travelling in the Warp to keep all the horrible gribbles/deamons out). Though if you were to disable the field generators and trigger the Warp engines...

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
C. Land next to the damaged macro battery and take to the uncharted depths of the vessel.

From here, we can take stock of the reality of our situation. If it be an inquisition vessel, then we can adequately prepare ourselves. If not, we can still heal up and prepare.

From there we can gather intelligence about the ship, form small chaos cults, and sabotage areas as needed to draw attention away from ourselves. We can corrupt tech priests from the dogma of the Omnissiah and into heresy, thereby taking command of the vessel's machine spirit from a remote location, or injecting it with scrap code.

Even Khorne appreciates good tactics and planning.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
From there we can gather intelligence about the ship, form small chaos cults, and sabotage areas as needed to draw attention away from ourselves. We can corrupt tech priests from the dogma of the Omnissiah and into heresy, thereby taking command of the vessel's machine spirit from a remote location, or injecting it with scrap code.
I don't think we have the manpower or the time frame for a long con.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
C sounds good, but I guess the question I'd want to ask to baud would be regarding our time frame? Warp travel can take days, weeks, months, and even years, so if we're on a multi-month trip back to our home port, we can definitely spend some time making this work.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron

The trio is led by a Dark Apostle. We can make the manpower my friend.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron

Then I amend my vote to A3>C baud

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
C sounds good, but I guess the question I'd want to ask to baud would be regarding our time frame? Warp travel can take days, weeks, months, and even years, so if we're on a multi-month trip back to our home port, we can definitely spend some time making this work.

Right now the ship you're about to board is still in real space and you don't have any idea what it's going to do. But you'll be able to stay on board as long as you're not spotted or decide to leave for whatever reason. If C wins, once you're on the ship, instead of going with the usual flowchart CYOA schema, I intend to do something different, going for a more 'turn-based' system, where each turn (which would be one or two day long), you'll be able to send you and your pals on missions in the ship, for various results (if you've followed any of the dynasty/empire building quests on other boards, you might have an idea of how it'd look) the caveat that each turn you might get detected, especially if you do something not discreet; and playing turns like this until you're either detected, you've taken control of the ship or you leave for whatever reason

edit: adding what I intend to do

You're more wannabe Dark Apostle, so broadly the same skillset, but not the actual power level of an actual Dark Apostle; I'm basing the power level of a Dark Apostle on the depictions from the Word Bearers novel series and you're not there yet.

On to the tally:

A3
ERYFKRAD

A2
Azira

C
Major_Blackhart, hello friend, The Brazilian Slaughter

Thanks for all the votes, bros.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
A4

If it's an inquisition ship they might be carrying some 'interesting' prisoners for us to unleash too.

baud

Arcane
Patron
I'm locking the vote here, with C winning.
No idea for when I'll have time to actually work on the next update though. Maybe next week.

baud

Arcane
Patron
FfOZDYHWAAAtA_D
Part I: Bearing the Word into the void

Frax deftly piloted the craft closer to your objective, until the viewport was filled with the damaged battery, the building sized rent in the middle presenting an obvious access. Turning from the pilot's seat and towards the interior of the craft you see that Zephus has dig up from the supply lockers bundles of cloth of neutral colours which seem to slowly shift to mimic their surroundings

"Camo cloaks. Used by loyalist scouts, will be useful when we'll try to sneak around on the ship."

"Good find, Zephus." You say as you take one, seeing how it's been torn on the side by some jagged weapon and blood-splattered. "On that matter, as I don’t think a direct approach is feasible, we’ll have to start by infiltrating the ship. And there the cloaks will be useful, in addition to leaving our power armour behind, makes it easier to sneak around and harder to detect by on-board auspex."

But as you are about to continue to discuss your infiltration plans, you are interrupted by a protestation from Frax:

"We are Space Marines, of the Word Bearer, scions of Lorgar! We shouldn't have to hide our colours and skulk around like frightened children. The honour of the Legion…”

Zephus cuts him before he can continue “There are situation where pragmatism has to win over pride. We don’t have the means for a direct confrontation right now, so more subtle means are in order. And leave honour for foolish imperials.”

"I know it is not how we usually work, but we must not be so blinded by dogmas as to neglect ways to bring glory to the Dark Gods. And do not worry, once we are ready, the lapdogs of the corpse emperor will know our colours! And they will learn to fear them, for the Legion!" you continue, thumping the (undamaged side) of your breastplate.

Then as the exchange dies down, Frax sets the craft down next to a ruined gun mounting, activating the mag clamps built in the landing gear, securely attaching the craft to the much bigger spaceship.

"There's another question. Do we leave the craft clamped to the ship or let it drop in the void?" asks Zephus

"Why would you want to deprive us of our hard-won prize and only way off the ship? " retorts Frax, turning from the pilot's seat.

"Currently only way, but I'd stake the Imperials have other void capable crafts on board, though likely not as advanced as this one. We are working towards a much bigger prize and if the crew finds our current vessel, it'd put our operation in jeopardy, as they'd immediately suspect boarders." you answer, seeing why Zephus is asking.

"Though if the ship translates into the Warp, they won't be able to find it, the skittish Imperials cower in their ships when travelling the domain of our Masters, as they should." adds Frax.

So do you

1a Disable the mag clamps, letting the craft tumble into the void
1b Leave it there, letting you leave the ship as long as you are in real space

AN: Well, it’s been quite some time. I had taken a break from the ‘dex that lasted much longer than planned… Also I wanted today’s update to be just part of a longer one, but before I finish the rest, I want to check there’s still some people following this. Next update should follow shortly.

oscar

Arcane
1a. Go big or go home. I wanted to join another Chaos warband but if we're going to do this we might as well do it right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom