Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Facebook buys Occulus Rift

Soon NSA will have our retina scans too.

Everything but, sure. But it's hard to imagine a compelling consumer use for retina scanners. For example, a retina lock on a VR solution would make an already heavy thing even heavier for an inconsequential gain, so even if the cost of that tech would end up being practically zero when coupled with VR solutions, it would still exceedingly unlikely to become a part of VR solutions. Lots of non-consumers might like the idea lots and lots, but for the actual consumers it would be a bit like putting winter tires on their VR solution: not just pointless, but impractical.

They have the market for now, they don't care if it is impractical. All for the goodness of American people.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
And all of you third worldians will soon come under the boot of the new Kwa empire.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
ARNtw.jpg
They forgot the ring.
:rpgcodex:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Good news, people will shut up and stop talking about this shit when Facebook belly up, bad news is you will see what your friends are eating in 3D now.

Misconnected

Savant
Good news, people will shut up and stop talking about this shit when Facebook belly up, bad news you'll see my fatass beergut in every ad until you die of pure revulsion from now on, because fatass beerslob me is the most average human male Google metrix could find in their userbase.

FTFY

imweasel

Wait - how in the fuck is Oculus worth 2.3 FUCKING BILLION DOLLARS? Before the Kickstarter they probably weren't even worth 500K and not much more after that either.

Talk about fucking overpriced.

Mirthless

Educated
Wait - how in the fuck is Oculus worth 2.3 FUCKING BILLION DOLLARS? Before the Kickstarter they probably weren't even worth 500K and not much more after that either.

Talk about fucking overpriced.

Ocolus main purpose would obviously not be for gaming I mean why would they pour 2 billion dollars into a gimmicky niched product which is barely worth the amount of money invested. They are not funding this project, they own it and decide in which direction it will go and we all know about Shekelbergs envisions for it.

As a white man hearing about the OR was the single best news since the outcome of the zimmerman trial and for once I saw a slight glimpse of hope for better tidings. The day would finally come where I'd be able to forget about the horrors of the real wourld where The Anti-Cis privilage checkers persecutes good godfearing heterosexual white men while the hordes of wicked towelheads from Harad the middle east conquer the last bastions of the free people. I'd be able to forget about all this and immerse myself in a world where I could tenderly hold my underage chinese cartoon waifu in my arms while I'd furiously pound my dick into my startionary onahole and with a moaning voice of pleasure she'd tell me "oh good I love cocks, cocks are the greatest! I want to marry cocks!" . That dream is now over, facebook killed it.
Nothing changes, the jews win as they always do.
Nothing matters anymore.
:negative:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
It's been awhile since I handed out so many brofists in one topic.

LOL, facebook is getting desperate.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So it seems like Facebook is planning on turning this into the next mp3 player or smartphone - as in, a device with new features that takes over a market and becomes ubiquitous in five to ten years. I don't see it, though. Nobody is going to be carrying one of these VR helmets around with them unless they're shrunk considerably, so there's not really any mobile appeal. And I don't see the device itself being a huge improvement on how we interface with technology. I just don't see this thing taking off with the mainstream consumer.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
/v/ is one of the worst boards on 4chan.

/pol/ is, of course, the absolute worst.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom