Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1-2 builds

I recall reading that the melee damage stat only improves your max damage, so it's only half that on average. In other words mostly useless

The Jester

Cipher
Heavy Handed and Bonus HtH Damage don't stack. :cry:
???
Screenshot-422.png

Screenshot-423.png
EDIT: Just loaded my Fallout 2 and checked my saves. Definitely still 9 despite both Heavy Handed and Bonus HtH Damage. :cry:
Hmm yea same here, it's probably a Sfall thing though I don't know exactly what.

Lexx

My last fun builds in FO1:

Big Guns + Throwing (focused on Flamethrower)
Max Luck Unarmed + Jinxed (enemies drop their weapons, you don't).
Fast Shot Melee Weapons (Fast Shot doesn't work with melee in FO2; it can get way OP, in any case).

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I recall reading that the melee damage stat only improves your max damage, so it's only half that on average. In other words mostly useless
Bonus hth dmg perks would be largely useless either way. The ranged ones are OK for auto weapon builds and that's it.

dumbuglyorc

Educated
IN10 + LK10 + Skilled: you can have funny skills, combat armor, the weapon of your choice and whatever else money can buy at level 3.

icha.jpg

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Wow GJ guys

Guess there are way more builds than I had imagined. I just lacked imagination

Glad I started this thread

Jigby

Augur
Using drugs to increase your AP defeats the whole purpose of playing a 3AP GRUG character though... :)

Snufkin

Augur
Bare-handed + Jinxed is the way to play Fallout 2. So much fun.
I dont see how its fun to hit stuff for 5 dmg when enemies are HP sponges in Fallout 2.

When it comes fo Jinxed trait I think many players dont understand how it works. Luck does nothing to prevent bad things that will happen to you. Way it works is, lets say you have 95% chance to hit to prevent jinxed from ruining you, there is still 5% chance that you will miss attack and will roll with 50% chance to something bad happen. This automatically makes it bad because this will also apply to joinable NPC's.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Bare-handed + Jinxed is the way to play Fallout 2. So much fun.
I dont see how its fun to hit stuff for 5 dmg when enemies are HP sponges in Fallout 2.

When it comes fo Jinxed trait I think many players dont understand how it works. Luck does nothing to prevent bad things that will happen to you. Way it works is, lets say you have 95% chance to hit to prevent jinxed from ruining you, there is still 5% chance that you will miss attack and will roll with 50% chance to something bad happen. This automatically makes it bad because this will also apply to joinable NPC's.
That's right.
But there is a certain degree of fun to be had seeing Enclave troopers critically miss and destroying their Gauss and Pulse pistols.

__scribbles__

Educated
The point isn't to make the most effective build in combat. The point is that running all around a battlefield with high AC, punching raiders in the crotch while everybody is constantly critically failing is hilarious. It's a very fun build to play even if it's far from optimized.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom