Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 2: This game has no forgiveness

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
For the actually good Modoc ending you have to:
1. First deliver the message from the Slags to Modoc citizens.
2. This opens two more quests - find out what happened to the previous farm owner, and what happened to the tanner's son. You have 1 month to do it, IIRC.
3. Tanner's son is with the Slags, gotta ask the leader about him.
4. The previous farm owner is a drunk at Mamma's place in Den.

Guess I might have fucked up with the time limit or something. I reaaaaaaaallllyy took my time with the game, healing outside so I don't use stimpacks
for the modoc thing you only have like 28(?) days to do it if i remember right, you gotta go right to the den, talk to the dude in the diner then go back and talk to the mayor of modoc

T. Reich

Arcane
Well, IIRC, you can just give him a tip back in the Den AND then listen to his ramblings completely. That should give you an option to immediately report his whereabouts to the Modoc guy as soon as he brings the issue of missing farm owner up.
Then you only have to do a short trip to the Slags and ask them about the missing kid.

After that, IIRC, you will get a good ending for Modoc.

Also, you can later return to the Den and tell that guy that the Modoc citizens are missing him, and he'll go back, giving you a bit of optional non-quest exp.

naossano

Cipher
Mandatory post each time someone says Fo1 & Fo2 combats are difficults : You aren't forced to fight.

Other than that, you can have some kind of neutral ending for Broken Hills. It depends on you choice.

It makes sense that they would leave the city if the mine is depleted and don't have other significants ressources to exploit there. (at least, not as good as the mine)
Other than that, racial wars can be avoided/

SquidLord

Educated
The problem with it is that the combat is either deadly or boring. Also far to random.

I'm in the middle of F2 and I'm just not sure if I can finish it because of the fights, don't want to restart and try for a no fight run really. I'm not sure why it never bothered me in F1.

likaq

Arcane
Most likely because fal1 have much less filler combat / trash mobs.

typical user

Arbiter
Most likely because fal1 have much less filler combat / trash mobs.

Fallout 1 is smaller, if it had more quests same thing would apply. Just look at endgame locations, you can avoid it but why if you are immortal in hardened power armor and turbo plasma rifle?

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Does this game have any mod that increases save game slot?

I wanna start a new playthrough and doesn't feel like rewriting my old saves for the new character... (Though I probably wouldn't go back to the old saves anyway)

SFall (which also comes with the restoration patch) adds multiple tabs for 10k available save slots.

Niektory

one of some
Patron

I wanna start a new playthrough and doesn't feel like rewriting my old saves for the new character... (Though I probably wouldn't go back to the old saves anyway)
Just backup your old saves. They should be in data\SAVEGAME inside the game folder.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
SFall (which also comes with the restoration patch) adds multiple tabs for 10k available save slots.

Just backup your old saves. They should be in data\SAVEGAME inside the game folder.
Thanks. I'll get the patch then. Played vanilla for the first time since I like to experience the game in its original form first before touching any mods (Even if the game is shitty without patch).

I had the opposite problem of the OP, the moment I got onto the map I started wandering all over the place and kept stumbling into battles between different groups. Wait till one side wins or they wipe each other out and scavenge at will. Before I knew it I was swimming in equipment I could hock for tons of caps. Then when I went back to areas more appropriate for my beginner status I steamrolled any combat.

Kainan

Learned
I have to agree with the OP... I don't remember in FO1 getting jumped by 15 guys or dogs in a random encounter. It's just such shitty design it's almost funny. In FO1 at least I had a chance to run away. And it's no better when you get a ton of loot while watching two gangs taking turns for 15 minutes fighting... Man it's just so shit. I started fFO2 so many times more than FO1 but always lost interest half way bc of this.

Kainan

Learned
I've been playing Fallout 2 up until the NCR and Vault 15, and I'm started to get real pissed off. This has to be one of the hardest RPGs in existence. I can't go toe to toe with generics raiders, mainly because I don't have any decent gear. Even basic guns and armor cost an arm and a leg (ergo. over 1000 caps), and I can't get caps because I can't defeat and loot enemies who carry goods worth bartering. It's a catch 22.

Sometimes I'll get a random encounter, and a bunch of supermutants will frag me with a laser gun from 2 screens away before I can even blink. It's like Baldur's Gate I, where your Level 2 party would get surrounded by wyverns or skeleton archers, and it was pretty much game over. I completed Fallout 1 years ago, and I don't remember it being near this level of difficulty. Hell, at least you started out with a gun, and could get a companion in the first area. It doesn't help that the graphics *suck*. You can't see what's a container unless you're right on top of it, and it's hard to differentiate generic people from important NPCs.
Pretty much my experience everytime i play it, except the last two sentences.

I've been playing Fallout 2 up until the NCR and Vault 15, and I'm started to get real pissed off. This has to be one of the hardest RPGs in existence. I can't go toe to toe with generics raiders, mainly because I don't have any decent gear. Even basic guns and armor cost an arm and a leg (ergo. over 1000 caps), and I can't get caps because I can't defeat and loot enemies who carry goods worth bartering. It's a catch 22.

Sometimes I'll get a random encounter, and a bunch of supermutants will frag me with a laser gun from 2 screens away before I can even blink. It's like Baldur's Gate I, where your Level 2 party would get surrounded by wyverns or skeleton archers, and it was pretty much game over. I completed Fallout 1 years ago, and I don't remember it being near this level of difficulty. Hell, at least you started out with a gun, and could get a companion in the first area. It doesn't help that the graphics *suck*. You can't see what's a container unless you're right on top of it, and it's hard to differentiate generic people from important NPCs.
Pretty much my experience everytime i play it, except the last two sentences.
You zoomers think everything old is hard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom