Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: New Vegas 10 Year Anniversary

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
This might deserve its own thread but anywhoo....
Star Wars based NV conversion:
https://krispykarim517.itch.io/star-wars-open-worlds

Predictions based on sanity/degeneracy of fan base? Better or worse than New California and the Frontier?
Really don't understand why someone would choose FNV over FO4 for a total conversion mod platform.

Guess it was in the works for a long, long time.

I actually remember seeing Star Wars related armor, face masks popping up in the mod scene late 2013, early 2014. Of course nicely hidden behind a "VIP"-wall at GUNETWORK.

Codex Year of the Donut
Which one of the two is easier to mod?
FO4 CK has all the changes added during the development of Skyrim plus the ones added during FO4's development + the CK was still being updated until... two or so years ago?
As for the game itself, FNV might have been a step up from FO3 in terms of stability but uh... yeah. Not having to deal with a 32 bit address limit is also a nice bonus.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Hi, I know there are several overhauls making FNV into a totally new game with new quests and environments etc. same as for example Enderal did with Skyrim. But all those mods I found are in the making. I think there was one that's already finished. Could you please tell me its name. I can't seem to find it.

d1r

Patron
Hi, I know there are several overhauls making FNV into a totally new game with new quests and environments etc. same as for example Enderal did with Skyrim. But all those mods I found are in the making. I think there was one that's already finished. Could you please tell me its name. I can't seem to find it.

Fallout: New California?
Fallout: The Frontier?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Yasss! Thanks a bajillion.

Codex Year of the Donut
You're probably looking for New California. I haven't heard good things about it, but I also haven't heard about it being a total disaster like The Frontier.
I don't think either of them are particularly good from what I've seen, though. You're better off playing something like Atom RPG or Underrail if you're looking for a post-apoc RPG.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
You're probably looking for New California. I haven't heard good things about it, but I also haven't heard about it being a total disaster like The Frontier.
I don't think either of them are particularly good from what I've seen, though. You're better off playing something like Atom RPG or Underrail if you're looking for a post-apoc RPG.
Thanks for the advices. Damn, I've heard that NC is cool? I must read some more about it before I spend three days modding FNV in vain again :roll:

Anyway, Atom's almost finished - great game! But I've never grown fond of Underrail much. Although the atmosphere and the idea is cool, the gameplay seemed too wonky and cumbersome to me :(

Codex Year of the Donut
Thanks for the advices. Damn, I've heard that NC is cool? I must read some more about it before I spend three days modding FNV in vain again :roll:

Anyway, Atom's almost finished - great game! But I've never grown fond of Underrail much. Although the atmosphere and the idea is cool, the gameplay seemed too wonky and cumbersome to me :(
Have you played ELEX? It's something much closer to FNV than earlier Fallouts in terms of gameplay, and is post-apoc.

Yosharian

Arcane

Yasss! Thanks a bajillion.
Yeahhh don't play either of those.

Yosharian

Arcane
I want to buy game on Steam for replay, still can't stand the original visuals. If I'll run my Steam version through Nexus mods launcher, will the time spent in-game be counted on Steam?

Man, how many Mod launchers does Fallout NV have at this point?

Tbh, if you have no plans on modding the game for the next months, I'd suggest you to go with a basic setup and avoid mod launchers all together (use FOMM for basic mod organisation). But if you're planning to use the Nexus launcher, the steam game time should go increase, since the mod launcher, like all the others, will call the steam Fallout.exe when trying to start the game (or the NVSE version of it).

Also, for a vanilla experience, Vanilla PlusReshade makes the game look nicer without going overboard.
Just install VNV and enjoy Fallout New Vegas as it was meant to be, but with a hundred tiny improvements that make the game a thousand times better overall. Takes like 15 minutes to set up with Wabbajack.

You're right about that Reshade though, that's the one I'm using rn.

Playing unmodded FNV is retarded at this point.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Have you played ELEX? It's something much closer to FNV than earlier Fallouts in terms of gameplay, and is post-apoc.
Yep, Elex too. That was pretty awsome. I don't think I've missed any AAA and AA RPGs and FPS/RPG's there are in totall. Having 1000+ games on Steam, waiting for the miracle of Pathfinder: WoTR to happen and to uplift me for another few months :D

Thank's for the notice on the California - there are actually well structured negative and positive reviews saying something totally on the contrary about the same things. I guess, I'll have another (sad) cofee and get back to replaying Borderlands :lol:

Alphons

Cipher
Just a heads up for anyone wondering about playing New California

Your character is a clone of Vault Dweller, made by Supermutants with his DNA, FEV and another supersoldier serum codenamed Project Brazil.

There's also a meta narrative about your character using GAME SAVES to avoid death.

And then right at the end it also turns out that you're the NV Courier.
And you also survived Benny's ambush and the Divide explosions (oh yeah, you were present right in the middle, your flesh was literally torn off) (oh and btw, you also found the detonator for the Divide in the NC's final location) with your super duper special ability

d1r

Patron
Just a heads up for anyone wondering about playing New California

Your character is a clone of Vault Dweller, made by Supermutants with his DNA, FEV and another supersoldier serum codenamed Project Brazil.

There's also a meta narrative about your character using GAME SAVES to avoid death.

And then right at the end it also turns out that you're the NV Courier.
And you also survived Benny's ambush and the Divide explosions (oh yeah, you were present right in the middle, your flesh was literally torn off) (oh and btw, you also found the detonator for the Divide in the NC's final location) with your super duper special ability

Is this shit real?

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I guess, I'll have another (sad) cofee and get back to replaying Borderlands :lol:
Ooof. I don't know about that. It's easier to handwave the lore-breaking stuff in NC than its teen cringe, and the leap to make you the courier is indeed huge, but the game world, skill check system, quests and particularly the way factions are handled aren't bad. It isn't stupidly offensive like the NCR questline in 'Frontier' for instance. And it's better than F4 or 76.

I say this hating Borderlands and looter shooter games like it. If you want a NV fix, there are worse places to get it.

d1r

Patron

Yep, Elex too. That was pretty awsome. I don't think I've missed any AAA and AA RPGs and FPS/RPG's there are in totall. Having 1000+ games on Steam, waiting for the miracle of Pathfinder: WoTR to happen and to uplift me for another few months :D

Thank's for the notice on the California - there are actually well structured negative and positive reviews saying something totally on the contrary about the same things. I guess, I'll have another (sad) cofee and get back to replaying Borderlands :lol:

Might as well play Fallout 4 or 76 if you have the urge to play Borderlands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom