Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry Primal AKA Far Cry with cavemen

Athos

Arcane
Neither mammohts or smilodons existed in 10000 BC no more and if they did they mustve been as rare as a white rhino. Plus yeah, 10000 BC is not exactly a cavemen era anymore, people had been pretty sophisticated in art, stone working, ceramics etc for thousands of years by that point.
The game should be set right around the Quaternary extinction event, in this video a dev says that the period is around 12000 BP.

Zeriel

Arcane
You guys are taking an Ubisoft game too serious.
Nah, the fact that you can command sabertooth cat dispelled any doubt. I'm ready to bet that mammoth riding will also be in the game.

It was shown in the gameplay videos, yes. They are reskinned elephants from Far Cry 4--if anything, they look even easier to kill than before. I think what Cyberarmy is getting at though is that it's pointless to consider the historical plausibility of the game when it's pure schlock, which I agree with.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
what Cyberarmy is getting at though is that it's pointless to consider the historical plausibility of the game when it's pure schlock, which I agree with.

Yup, that's what I meant.

This game actually seems like an expansion pack just like Blood Dragon. Elephant riding, sidekick pet, primitive combat all look like copy pasted from FC4 without much effort. Only spear looks new.

Zeriel

Arcane
I think this is their attempt to annualize (or close to) the series with another dev team. It's less interesting and creative than Blood Dragon by far, but much bigger in scope and content. I suspect it started development before Far Cry 4 released, maybe even concurrent with 4.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Based on my rather limited experience (only really played FC2 and a few hours of FC4) the only fun thing about the newer Far Cry games has been playing around with different guns and coming up with interesting ways to kill stuff, and apparently that's been mostly replaced with spear chucking and animals that can do your killing for you. An open-world caveman game is a great idea, seriously, but this just looks boring.

Deakul

Augur
Looks exactly like Far Cry 3/4 just without guns.

What a fucking shame, even the UI elements and animations are identical.
It's Far Cry 4 with an emphasis on animal companions doing the dirty work.

Fuck Ubisoft. *goes back to AssCreed Syndicate like a pleb*

Zeriel

Arcane
Huh, interesting. Watching a video with the developers talking. They removed radio towers. There is fog of war now on the map, so you have to actually explore to find stuff. That's a plus, and I can't say something I was expecting in 2016.

Alfons

Prophet
Which makes it shit. The whole point of Far Cry 3 and 4 is to do crazy shit. FC4 did a great thing by starting to move even further to the silly end of the spectrum and allowing you to do even more dumb shit in the game world.

I was hoping the next game would just keep adding more fun and stupid shit you could do. A basic minimalist story a la FC2 and no "you are leaving the mission area" horseshit are on the wishlist as well but seeing as this Ubi that seems unrealistic.

With this shit it looks like they stripped away certain elements and all they give you in return is the animal BFF. It's funny that such a drastic change is coming from Ubi out of all places, the guys that are known for repeating the same crap more than any dev in the industry at this point.

TLDR: FC3/4 without guns, explosives, a wingsuit, vehicles, or fun. It's more like FC3/4 where you are forced to use the shitty bow, stealth, and your feet for the whole game. It's shit.

Sothpaw

Learned
Great instead fighting for third world trash now I can fight for cavemen.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Rs9k6SG.jpg

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This looks like one of those shitty indie open world survival games you see on Steam.

Alfons

Prophet
You can fly as an owl, so he's covered.

That's more like flying a drone than flying. Goddamn, this game looks boring. I hope the fucker who's responsible for this shit gets fired.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Which makes it shit. The whole point of Far Cry 3 and 4 is to do crazy shit. FC4 did a great thing by starting to move even further to the silly end of the spectrum and allowing you to do even more dumb shit in the game world.

I was hoping the next game would just keep adding more fun and stupid shit you could do. A basic minimalist story a la FC2 and no "you are leaving the mission area" horseshit are on the wishlist as well but seeing as this Ubi that seems unrealistic.

With this shit it looks like they stripped away certain elements and all they give you in return is the animal BFF. It's funny that such a drastic change is coming from Ubi out of all places, the guys that are known for repeating the same crap more than any dev in the industry at this point.

TLDR: FC3/4 without guns, explosives, a wingsuit, vehicles, or fun. It's more like FC3/4 where you are forced to use the shitty bow, stealth, and your feet for the whole game. It's shit.
Pretty much my exact thoughts. Looks like it would get boring fast.

I think this game will tank.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I like the setting, but the game seems to lack a robust hand-to-hand & melee system to compensate for the lack of various firearms.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom