Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry Primal AKA Far Cry with cavemen

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Only saw the initial trailer and thought that maybe, because of the setting, it might mean shit like icon packed mini-map, icon marked enemies, constant text popups and player x-ray vision that's in all the new far cry's would be absent from this. Nope.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
All of Ubisoft's games are the same: bland open world with shitty objectives/challenges scattered around.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i don#t know what makes me want to vomit more, the reused animations, abysmal UI and drop in framerate or my hangover.

Alfons

Prophet
I like the setting, but the game seems to lack a robust hand-to-hand & melee system to compensate for the lack of various firearms.
That's about the only thing that would've made this stinker decent.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
An open world stone age game sounds like a cool idea but I don't think it will work as a Far Cry game.

BTW where the fuck is my Blood Dragon 2 Ubisoft?:rpgcodex:

darthaegis

Cipher
Far Cry Primal's ESRB rating promises torture, mutilation, and sex
Far Cry Primal has the potential to be legitimately interesting. It's “definitely a Far Cry game,” as we declared in our hands-on earlier this month, but it's set in the Mesolithic era, so you'll be playing as a primitive human hunter—a caveman, basically—armed with rocks, clubs, bows, and a pseudo-magical ability to tame and command animals. It also means that your motivations for killing will be different than in previous games in the series. As Creative Director Jean-Cristophe Guyot said in a recent developer's blog, “It's not war, but survival.”

“Throughout the story, we give you good reasons why they’re here and why they’re dangerous to you, but we don’t want them to feel like stupid guards," he explained. "So they have a life. We try to create a culture and religion for every type of tribe, and at some of the outposts, they’re actually playing music, fishing and doing other tasks.”

It sounds almost like a kinder, gentler Far Cry, unfettered by the plagues of politics, greed, criminality, and insanity. But the ESRB descriptor suggests that the game will in fact “get pretty raw,” as Kotaku put it, and I don't think they're wrong. I'll let the relevant bit speak for itself.

“One cutscene depicts a character being held in a fire while screaming; another depicts Takkar tapping a hole in another character's skull as the man screams. Some scenes depict corpses in various states of mutilation: heads and torsos on spikes; ears cut off and kept as trophies; headless bodies lying in pools of blood. Certain scenes or camera angles can depict male genitalia under garments or in shadows; some female characters are depicted topless. A handful of scenes depict characters engaged in sexual activity while clothed; grunts and short moans can be heard, though no explicit details are seen.”

That last bit about the absence of explicit sex is probably why, despite the incineration, trepanation, mutilation, and decapitationon top of the run-of-the-mill murder and mayhem—Far Cry Primal has been rated M. It comes out on March 1.
http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-primals-esrb-rating-promises-torture-mutilation-and-sex/

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Should be an eagle or something. Is owl eyesight even that good? I thought they were adapted for night hunting.
If you’re more interested in a stealthy approach, then Far Cry Primal has something very special. Forget about Ghost Recon; this game has owl recon. By using a bird call, you can summon an owl that can be steered around over enemy encampments, giving you information on nearby enemies before you go in for the kill. And if you’re more interested in using an owl as an ambush device, you can also make it drop fire bombs on enemies below

Goddamn owl fire bombs lol

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have no interest for this game and its mostly due the setting, now if the game was set in something like Wild West then it would have been a different story.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember, they have to be careful not to cannibalize settings they might want to use for Assassin's Creed. :M

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I lost my bird the other day. If you find her, please call:

46UZCuZ.jpg

1-800-CODEX-NEWFAGS

Johannes

Arcane
Should be an eagle or something. Is owl eyesight even that good? I thought they were adapted for night hunting.
If you’re more interested in a stealthy approach, then Far Cry Primal has something very special. Forget about Ghost Recon; this game has owl recon. By using a bird call, you can summon an owl that can be steered around over enemy encampments, giving you information on nearby enemies before you go in for the kill. And if you’re more interested in using an owl as an ambush device, you can also make it drop fire bombs on enemies below

Goddamn owl fire bombs lol
Neanderthals did that.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Wot? Owl firebombs but no dinossaurs? Please Ubi stop being so terrible, there must be someone that still work for you that knows how to make games. Please, polished Ark without grind, there you are Ubisoft, you don't even need to be creative if that is what you were afraid of.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom