Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Fig - a new equity-based crowdfunding platform - shut down, RIP

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Schafer can suck my balls and I'm not touching anything he or anyone from doublefine will profit from.

This is a fucking shit website too. The layout is fucking shit. It looks cramped as hell.

I hope it crashes and burns, even if it means Obsidian getting canned as well. Fuck this and fuck off, motherfuckers.

This. Fuck this shit. And I say that as an InXile and Obsy fan. Schafer is a swindler, might as well invite Molyneux to join this shit.

Athelas

Arcane
Schafer can suck my balls and I'm not touching anything he or anyone from doublefine will profit from.

This is a fucking shit website too. The layout is fucking shit. It looks cramped as hell.

I hope it crashes and burns, even if it means Obsidian getting canned as well. Fuck this and fuck off, motherfuckers.
I'd be more skeptical about who's the CEO than about who's on an advisory board with multiple people.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's also a bit weird that their launch title is going to be some indie shovelware from an unknown studio instead of a proper big project like a new Obsidian or InXile game.

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can't deny that I am wearing my stupid-cap today, but how does 56 supporters (backers) net 36.990$ when there are none at high or semi-high tiers ??!

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's also a bit weird that their launch title is going to be some indie shovelware from an unknown studio instead of a proper big project like a new Obsidian or InXile game.

Don't think they would risk their own projects until they know the concept is viable. Its not as though KickStarter wouldn't take them if they came crawling back, broken and defeated.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Can't deny that I am wearing my stupid-cap today, but how does 56 supporters (backers) net 36.990$ when there are none at high or semi-high tiers ??!

Accredited investors. They probably have a couple dozen millionaires spread out among all their companies + friends and family.

Last edited:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Yeah, to say I'm skeptical would be an understatement. Especially since, well, I don't really see much of a point. I participate in crowdfunding because I want particular products to see the light of day, not because I'm looking for a good ROI. I'd honestly prefer if developers pocketed whatever profit they make on the crowdfunded game and use that for future projects - that's what I understand the word "kickstart" to mean. May as well take a proper loan or find real investors, like Larian did.

Would be too big of a stain on the project's reputation if the platform failed completely. Better test the waters with something they're willing to let sink if need be.

SJW fatso cucksucker Schafer precludes any cash going to this bullshit, and otherwise Feargus and Obsoletian would, with their bullshit cashgrab claims of a love for old school.... not to mention that odourless piece of utter mediocre shit they fucked us with. Fargo sees business everywhere so ofcourse he is on board.. Torment bro.. dont fuck up.

Would be too big of a stain on the project's reputation if the platform failed completely. Better test the waters with something they're willing to let sink if need be.

A better question is why didn't they sort things out in advance so that Average Joes could buy equity from the start. What they have implemented here seems like a phenomenal way of letting backers *FEEL* the class difference between themselves and accredited millionaires. Not exactly the roar of the coliseum experience people crave from a crowdfunding campaign.

I can only speculate they want Joes to reserve their investments for bigger projects that are likelier to produce a bigger rate of return and therefore generate more hype for the platform, but in that case, they should have opened with a project like that.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fargo
RGbli.png

Urquhart
:slamdunk:
Schafer
:nocountryforshitposters:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom