Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Fig - a new equity-based crowdfunding platform - shut down, RIP

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'll observe that overall I'm pleased with the concept, although considering the fate of credit unions, I have to wonder how long the powers that be will allow crowdfunding to grow before bringing the hammer down.

Or be crowdfunders are co-opted by the powers that be.

Or until crowdfunders destroy themselves.

:negative:

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Project Outer Wilds

93 SUPPORTERS $48,140 of $125,000 GOAL

~ $512 average pledge sum

This investment opportunity is a great way to show your support for the game and share in the net revenue of potential game sales on certain PC platforms, pursuant to the full terms of the offering, which we can share withAccredited Investors.

To participate as an investor:

• You must be an Accredited Investor and be able to provide information to verify your status
  • You must invest a minimum of $1,000USD

So, it's about a "real" investment in games.

:hmmm:

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Project Outer Wilds

93 SUPPORTERS $48,140 of $125,000 GOAL

~ $512 average pledge sum

:hmmm:

A lot of millionaires work with, know, or are involved with these companies yo. Project was set up to succeed.

I mean, if you own a house on the West Coast you're already halfway to the point of being an accredited investor. If you have a relatively full 401k plan you're all the way there.

mondblut

Arcane
The cucks are building a new patreon for their rainbow-haired tranny idols?

The name's very telling to us ruskie-speaking :lol:

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
what does it mean in russian?
%D0%93%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BA_%D0%9A%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%8F.jpg

...and fig as well (the fruit).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gonna jump on this if I see something interesting. The goal is to get enough money to hire a dream team of rpg developers and put them in my basement.

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
I was thinking about this while I was doing the washing up. They got venture capitalists to give them money to form celebrity kickstarter. This is what San Francisco culture is now. Fucking hell.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
this does not explain it

My Russian (nor Ukrainian, see picture) isn't very advanced, but I think it's a sign of rejection to do sth for someone and/or contempt. Not really sexual/obscene, but depends on the context.

Last edited:
What an aberration. This shit will pollute the pure idea of crowdfunding and turn it into some sneaky business. Only fueled by a need of good games can kickstarter last, not by some cold, economical calulations.

R@tmaster

Educated
My Russian (nor Ukrainian, see picture) isn't very advanced, but I think it's a sign of rejection to do sth for someone and/or contempt. Not really sexual/obscene, but depends on the context.
It is also expression of distrust in some cases. Also you can use fig in such sentences like: "do figa" - a lot, "na figa?" - why?, "ni figa sebe" - wow, "poshel na fig" - fuck you, "fig s nim" - fuck him.

ultimanecat

Arcane
Figging in English also refers to sticking a piece of ginger or other irritant into a racehorse's ass in order to make it run faster, or sticking a piece of ginger into a person's ass because...well, I don't know why but people do it.

(I'm pretty sure the comparison to crowdfunding is so appropriate that the only excuse they have for using the term is that they're idiots)

As for the actual site, this has the asshole indie clique written all over it, and thus I want it to fail miserably - although from what I've read, they're not wrong about the equity part. For instance, the intention is for the company behind this new car-thing to offer a similar private investment scheme (also due to recent changes in U.S. investment regulation).

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Schafer is proof that some developers need publisher oversight to succeed. Putting him on board is a horrible idea. Fargo and Feargus don't have the best track records either. I'm sure it sounds like a dream from a developer standpoint but I doubt anything will come of it.

What did Schafer do that was so bad again?
Failed to deliver what he promised with a kickstarter or two, scrapped a project in early access without finishing it, and generally acted like a cunt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom