Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck Relic and DoW2

ricolikesrice

Arcane
Originally Posted by dawnofwar.de Q&A
(EugenusMaximus) The modding scene would really like to know if there will be a army/mission editor for DoW2.
(MarkFromRelic) Because DOWII is a game with progression at it's core, letting people mod the campaign and make all loot/xp/talents available in their mods would really compromise the experience in our opinion.
(MarkFromRelic) That's not to say we won't release some tools in the future (like a map editor for instance) but we need to protect the integrity of the campaign experience first and foremost.

yeah seriously, the campaign most players will have probably completed in 2-3 (in dow1 case: one ) day is in SERIOUS danger by modders !

could anyone have come up with a more pathetic and stupid excuse ?

hate to say it, since i really looked forward to DoW2.... but those shitheads apparently deserve never getting out of blizzards shadow. might buy it for budget price but no 50 bucks for lazy fucks like these.

edit: and the "mapeditor in the future" is probably just as shit as the one for DOW1 i.e. only good for making skirmish maps nobody plays.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Why are you surprised? Wasn't it clear that DoW2 will be a piece of shit game when Relic said it will be squad based (which in case of DoW - where major fun came from constant waves of gunmeat and not from some small local combats - means shit) and consolised, because poor consoletards won't be able to build base and control big army due to their gaypads.

Destroid

Arcane
Has the modding community really helped DoW in any way? They probably want to avoid people modding in their own races to prevent them stepping on the toes of official expansions. Its not like its compulsary to provide a highly moddable game, although it certainly is nice.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
Lestat said:
Wasn't it clear that DoW2 will be a piece of shit game when Relic said it will be squad based
No. Shadow of the Horned Rat > DoW

indeed, no clue wtf he is on about with "no basebuilding = dumbed down"

as for DoW1 modding community: some good content has been made , especially new units that look better than relics originals. whether you enjoy the "balance" mods or not is a matter of personal taste (i rather liked FoK - in before kingcomrade saying its shit ) i guess.

DoW1 already had the problem of a shitty mapeditor - you couldnt make anything but new terrain for skirmish (where in SC/WC3 you could make entire SP campaigns, new gamemodes etc. ). especially all "new race XY" mods suffered from only being playable in skirmish.

now with DoW2 you have not even modding and as already said i d bet the "future map editor" will be just as shit as DoW1s.

hope there s some good 40k mods for SC2 at least (but can already foresee THQ/relic going nuts with legal threaths if so cause less 40k fans would buy their shit then )

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I was actually disappointed at DoW2 not being squad-based enough. Base-building is faggotry compared to squad combat.

MetalCraze

Arcane
No I was about that the only fun part in DoW was a big meaty battles where you could've quickly reinforced your army with more and more gunmeat - in other words dynamics.
It seems Relic removed even that.

Balor

Arcane
skyway said:
No I was about that the only fun part in DoW was a big meaty battles where you could've quickly reinforced your army with more and more gunmeat - in other words dynamics.
It seems Relic removed even that.

No, it's just different playstyles. I loved Dark Omen, and DoW was kinda meh for me, so I embrace the change.
The reasoning behind the 'no modding tools for you, sucka!" is still retarded, though.
I agree that real reason for lack support is due to unwillingness to spend money to fund 'competition'.

DiverNB

Liturgist
I liked DoW, and I'm certainly going to get DoW2
Don't really mind if there isn't a modding scene, as long as the game is good I'm down.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DiverNB said:
I liked DoW, and I'm certainly going to get DoW2
Don't really mind if there isn't a modding scene, as long as the game is good I'm down.

Yup.

Though I find this excuse not to release a toolkit really pathetic. If you don't have the time/ressources/skill to release such a tool, simply admit it.
It's not like people would be forced to play their game modded ;)

Balor

Arcane
On the other hand, some people are stupid, and I can totally see them crying 'Dis gaem suxx!', because they installed mods that made it unplayable.
Anyway, either they THINK that majority of their players are retads... or it's actually aimed at retards. First is insulting, second is disturbing.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Balor said:
On the other hand, some people are stupid, and I can totally see them crying 'Dis gaem suxx!', because they installed mods that made it unplayable.

IMHO, only very, very few would be that stupid.... and usually I'd think devs would notice them as stupid ;)

Balor

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Dark Omen > Shadow of the Horned Rat.

Well, didn't play SofHR myself, but I remember how satisfying it was to roll over the 'Dark Lord of the Dead' (tm) with steam tank.
Magic: 0, Technology: 1.

crufty

Arcane
DO > Final Liberation >SotHR DoW

Never played chaos gate.

Why is epic wh40k so taboo? I couldn't get over the gi-joe 'stand and fire' aspect of DoW.

Truth

Scholar
Destroid said:
Has the modding community really helped DoW in any way? They probably want to avoid people modding in their own races to prevent them stepping on the toes of official expansions. Its not like its compulsary to provide a highly moddable game, although it certainly is nice.

There was a good looking witchhunters mod (cannoness looked too anime-y though) though I don't know if Relic ended up using assets from them for Soulstorm or what happened with it once SS came out.

Where is everyone getting that DoW2 will be consolized or for consoles (other than the statement of lack of modding)?

crufty

Arcane
:( that sucks.

random thought, for as awesome as epic is i could never get into warmaster.

Maybe I should reinstall Final Liberation all said and done and lead the ultramarines to their slaughter once more.

Annonchinil

Scholar
Red Alert 3 beta while not perfect is fun so far, I will probably pick it up until SC2 comes along. Not sure about DoW2, I heard they are going to implement even more horrible unit AI (from CoH) this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom