Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gentlemen of the Row: An Amazing Saints Row 2 Mod

Raapys

Arcane
Ah well, the start of the game really sucked, no idea why I bothered to keep playing. I'm glad I did though; when you got the whole safe-house thing and started buying all sorts of shit, it did get fairly entertaining. Choppers would come to the battlefield with your newly ordered chopper/tank/fighter/car/boat/etc, you could call in airstrikes and whatnot. Basically lots of cool vehicles, countless explosions and stupid QTEs when trying to take enemy vehicles. Just like the GTA/SR games only with far more and cooler firepower at your disposal.

I actually preferred the first Mercenaries, for some reason. And not just for the ability to lay waste to North Korea.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
San Andres is my favorite GTA game, so if SR3 is like that I'll seriously consider checking it out.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
One more to the game backlog, then. Gotta respect these big modding efforts that actually come out, and I never got that far with SR2 when it first came out (real shit performance).

Turisas said:
One more to the game backlog, then. Gotta respect these big modding efforts that actually come out, and I never got that far with SR2 when it first came out (real shit performance).

1.2 evened things out quite a bit performance wise, and Gentlemen of the Row may improve it as well.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Clockwork Knight said:
JarlFrank said:
After about 10 unsuccessful tries I gave up.

:what:

Couldn't you just go to the options screen and check what button it was? Why even torrent it if you aren't even willing to go past the first stage?

I did check the options screen.

There was nothing there that would've told me what goddamn fucking button this was supposed to be.

Raapys

Arcane
True that, remember similar problems myself, though I obviously found out which button it was eventually. Think I just googled it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
JarlFrank said:

There was nothing there that would've told me what goddamn fucking button this was supposed to be.

It just took some trial and error, since iirc they were pictures of the actions rather than gamepad buttons like X or LB. Not really hard until the endgame when you needed to press long chains of them in rapid succession.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
From what i read saint's row 3 is not going to have any competitive multiplayer, but it will still have co-op.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Turisas said:
JarlFrank said:

It just took some trial and error, since iirc they were pictures of the actions rather than gamepad buttons like X or LB. Not really hard until the endgame when you needed to press long chains of them in rapid succession.

Chinese vehicles in particular have :x worthy QTE chains.

saenz

Scholar
anus_pounder said:
Chinese vehicles in particular have :x worthy QTE chains.

Did you try standing in front of the tank while wearing a white shirt and holding shopping bags?

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Saints Row 2 was pretty cool, but it was a little to wiggerish for me to really enjoy. The whole atmosphere was just a bit 'off'. It felt like I was playing in a Canadian's vision of street culture, or something. I know it's supposed to be a goofy game, but something about it just rubbed me the wrong way.

New info's here:

-Thanks to events early on, the leader of the Saints and some of his lieutenants end up in the new city of Steelport. Looks like they smashed together broken down Detroit with New York.

-No more competitive multiplayer. Co-op is still in, though.

Some character bios and underworld background;

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... -gang.aspx

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... loren.aspx

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... lbane.aspx

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... iller.aspx

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... zimos.aspx

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Seems like they might be going for a bit of a cyberpunk vibe, what with the futuristic-looking city, the hacker gang, and big corporations and syndicates.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
* Johnny Gat and Shaundi, two of your major allies from Saints Row 2, will be returning as accomplices.
Say no more, I'm fucking sold.

Seems like they might be going for a bit of a cyberpunk vibe, what with the futuristic-looking city, the hacker gang, and big corporations and syndicates.

Considering it's canonically stated that the Saint's Row series takes place in the same universe as the Red Faction series, I wouldn't be surprised by this change in theme.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I like that they are going with Euro trash villains. Let's be honest they are some of the best modern adversary's you can get when they are interestingly written.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Would be interested if I wouldn't remember what a poorly optimised buggy pos SR2 was and still is. When a dev never ever patches its product you know that they care. Fuck it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Trash said:
When a dev never ever patches its product you know that they care. Fuck it.

They did patch it tho? The performance now is a lot better from what I remember back when I tried the original release version.

Trash said:
Would be interested if I wouldn't remember what a poorly optimised buggy pos SR2 was and still is. When a dev never ever patches its product you know that they care. Fuck it.

It was actually patched a couple times.

Anyway, most of the problems were due to SR2 being ported by a different company for the PC. Volition noted that this time they would be making all versions in-house to avoid that.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2011/03/17/ ... developed/

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, the Red Faction Guerilla PC version was much, much better performance-wise than the horrible SR2 port (I play RF:G on 1920x1080 and on max settings without lag, while SR2 is a bit laggy on 1024x768 with most settings on max) so I'm quite positive that SR3 will be a lot smoother, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom