Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gentlemen of the Row: An Amazing Saints Row 2 Mod

torpid

Liturgist
Most of the baddies profiled in the links posted on the other page look like flaming gay dudes -- not sure what the developers are going for here. Still, I'm looking forward to this game, as GTA San Andreas was a great time-waster and is one of my favorite games, and the Saints Row series seems to carry on the spirit. Didn't play SR2 because of the reported bugginess, so hopefully they don't fuck up the port this time.

Turisas said:
Trash said:
When a dev never ever patches its product you know that they care. Fuck it.

They did patch it tho? The performance now is a lot better from what I remember back when I tried the original release version.

Is it playable now?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
torpid said:
Is it playable now?

More than adequately so, yeah. Depends on your rig and resolution how it'll perform of course, but for me it's completely fluid unless there's lots of explosions and other shit going on in simultaneously.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Meh, a "debut trailer" that'd hardly pass as a teaser trailer, how lame.

The giant head in the background was p. cool tho.

The release date for the next Saints Row game has been confirmed for November 15. Along with that announcement came a trailer where I have a hard time figuring out who is on what side. I swear it looks like we use Johnny Gat as a human shield. And please tell me that's not Ashton Kutcher signing autographs. Please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxQsCNon ... ideo_title

Edit: Props to WhiskeyWolf for finding this gameplay video as well. Thanks BRO. :bro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYe_qrGeuYQ

A fucking VTOL.

Edit 2: Here's the gameplay trailer version of it with narration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN2-WSyRuO0

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
So is the patch and mods make the game stable enough to enjoy? I wanted to get this one for a while but reading about all glitches and stuttering turned me off from aquiring it. Had a horrible experience with Bully when it first came out on pc, crushed every 10 seconds and such.

Tycn

Savant
mugarod said:
So is the patch and mods make the game stable enough to enjoy? I wanted to get this one for a while but reading about all glitches and stuttering turned me off from aquiring it. Had a horrible experience with Bully when it first came out on pc, crushed every 10 seconds and such.
Didn't change performance for me, but upgrading from a Q6000 to i5 2500K made it playable.

mugarod said:

Yeah, they help a lot to smooth the game out. The lag while driving is still there off and on, but play for awhile and it goes away.

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
The highlight of SR2 for me was the ability to create a bald, fat, middle-aged white guy voiced by Charles Shaughnessy who would go on to get into fist fights with Michael Dorn. It really knows how to bring the lulz.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
DoomIhlVaria said:
The highlight of SR2 for me was the ability to create a ugly, fat, middle-aged white woman voiced by Charles Shaughnessy who would go on to get into fist fights with Michael Dorn. It really knows how to bring the lulz.

Fixed for Codex Stamp of Approval.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5NqRZxVVc4

Cut-scenes and the first mission of the game. Y'know, if this guy did his homework he'd know the Brotherhood already tried the whole 'make the Saints a vassal group' routine. Did not go well for them, either.

That said, Jesus I hate the default look for the main character here. I'll definitely be recreating my red-haired British guy.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I never played SR2 because it would run at 2 FPS on my PC, but holy shit, the third game looks like is made of win :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom