Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

MrJohnson

Educated
So since the soldier nerf I am finally able to die on Elite with my Soldier. But I can respec into Squad Tactics now that they reversed that shitty switch to olerons rage, so I got a massive dmg upgrade.

Haven't tried out the Taunt of Warcry yet. Hope it works. It hurts to see all my blademaster friends die misserably while I chill in a sea of enemies.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Sykar Flash Freeze got buffed considerably. Maxed out its radius used to be 10 meters. Now it's 16 meters. The freeze duration was upped from 3.75 seconds to 4.5. That's a pretty significant buff. The cooldown was reduced to 6 seconds from 7.5 seconds. Shit is really good now. Really, really good. Callidor's Tempest remains the same. Dunno what the point in its transmuter is anymore. Its only viable function now is as an Aether attack for Aether melee characters.

Sykar

Arcane
Sykar Flash Freeze got buffed considerably. Maxed out its radius used to be 10 meters. Now it's 16 meters. The freeze duration was upped from 3.75 seconds to 4.5. That's a pretty significant buff. The cooldown was reduced to 6 seconds from 7.5 seconds. Shit is really good now. Really, really good. Callidor's Tempest remains the same. Dunno what the point in its transmuter is anymore. Its only viable function now is as an Aether attack for Aether melee characters.

Agreed. Also seems like it is pointless to get Maiven's Sphere past 12 as it looks like it maxes out at 25%/10%

The arcanist's shield skill got nerfed too, 25% aborption max now and no missile evasion and worse damage penalty.

BOOOOOOOOO!
Just when I got used to it...

Edit:
Well, I can live with this.

"Devastation is now truly devastating ( :lol: ) and launches multiple waves of projectiles at intervals over a duration as you fight."

Edit 2:

"Reckless Power and its modifier, Ascendance have been redesigned as Exclusive skills intended for Aether/Fire and Cold/Lightning builds, respectively. Both Exclusive skills are in Tier 9"

with this and new devastation arcanist probably clear screens much more easier, lol.

The delays before and inbetween the waves is a bit too much for my taste. I kinda liked the animation of the old version more as well, when they came down at different angles, now they come down all straight, looks a bit boring. Also was easier to hit moving targets.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Agreed. Also seems like it is pointless to get Maiven's Sphere past 12 as it looks like it maxes out at 25%/10%

Yeah. I think Maiven's still needs to be tweaked with, because I'm not sure the devs know what they want out of it. They are trying to balance it out by not making Possession or Primal Bond redundant. Also, Devastation is so good now. It procs 5 waves and you don't need to stand still anymore. I think I gotta try making an Aether Arcanist now with the change in PRM and Devastation (but fuck AAR, not touching that horseshit ability). Not sure what to pick for a 2nd master though. Can't think of anything that will gell with this kind of Arcanist build, other than Demo for the fire damage, I guess.

Sykar

Arcane
I like AAR.

i__m_firin_mah_lazor__by_robingms-d4t0k7u.png

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Looks like not much changed for the puppet master builds - too bad about Possession tho, I kinda dug the old satanic rage effect on it that you could pop at will (plus the increased movement speed was neat for when you had to get places and dodge shit trash).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Briarthorns AoE buff got buffed so that's nice. The taunt mechanic got tweaked to be more effective as well so Hellhound should be able to hold more agro. I like the new red aura on Possession more.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Shaman + Occultist was always a good combo.

Edit: I don't mean just for the obvious pet build. Bleed / Vitality was always a pretty powerful caster-melee hybrid character concept. And they made it even better now with the newest patch due to buffing Devouring Swarm and Bloody Pox + Wasting. Gonna have to dust off my Bleed/Vitality Shaman and continue with that. I have some pretty badass Legendaries to try out with this dood.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Considering going shaman as well on my Demo and going full lightning damage. Still pondering what to add on my lvl 40 Nightblade. Definetly not Soldier but otherwise kinda only Arcanist left which has good synergy. Or Occultist but I am already pretty invested into cold damage as secondary damage source. Changing skills and gear to acid&poison seems a bit of a waste.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Briarthorns AoE buff got buffed so that's nice. The taunt mechanic got tweaked to be more effective as well so Hellhound should be able to hold more agro. I like the new red aura on Possession more.

I dunno, it's pretty massive on your character, something that I'd prefer for temporary effects rather than auras. Now you gotta constantly walk around with a red fart cloud.

Pretty sexy drop, this:

AcdDrf3.png

If I find more pieces, I just might have to ditch Og'Napesh.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They buffed every single spell in my main build (the elementalist) and Thermite Mines are finally worth something ;d I'm still unsure about Mortar Trap.

I like AAR.

I hate how slow it casts (the initial animation), that pretty much dissuaded me from continuing my AAR arcanist. The Wizard in D3 has a similar spell that is much more fluid to use.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They removed the damage modifier for Chaos damage from the Cadence transmuter. How does Crate expect anyone to make a Chaos melee character now? With component skills only? Lol.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I decided to wait a little bit before playing the full game. Do you guys feel it is getting better with patches or is it one step forward two step back?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck this change to Devastation, I cannot use it at the final boss AT ALL. My best AoE clear and all it does is make the initial noise and then NOTHING, does not even go on CD.

A LOS issue perhaps? I used it without any problems. Mostly casted it in front of boss where his summons wait, trying to hit them all at the same time.

I decided to wait a little bit before playing the full game.

It is full just right now, only balance changes and maybe an expansion pack.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I decided to wait a little bit before playing the full game. Do you guys feel it is getting better with patches or is it one step forward two step back?

Nearly all my character builds got nuked in yesterdays patch so if you don't mind the possibility of that happening next patch, go for it. Other than some optional quests that are still missing, it's a full game.

Sykar

Arcane
Fuck this change to Devastation, I cannot use it at the final boss AT ALL. My best AoE clear and all it does is make the initial noise and then NOTHING, does not even go on CD.

A LOS issue perhaps? I used it without any problems. Mostly casted it in front of boss where his summons wait, trying to hit them all at the same time.

Yeah another try and I could basically cast it on the boss but when I was further down it just did not went off. Strange behaviour though. Still hate this fight though due to the cheesy massive HP bloated spawns all the time. Doesn't feel like a challenge and more like being cheated on.

Well an intro and an outro would be nice. Skippable preferably, of course but setting the mood from the start and getting a satisfying finish movie even if brief would be nice.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Nearly all my character builds got nuked in yesterdays patch

And mine are buffed.
:martini:

I accepted this kind of "balance" patching as another layer of RNG.

I don't mind. My favorite character got buffed. I just wish that you could respec masteries because the only reason I took Arcanist over Demo with my Soldier was because Arcanist was a more appealing choice for tanky characters at the time, even though I wanted to take Demo. Now that Demo is actually a legit choice I would've gone with that 100%.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
They should give free full repsecs(both mastery and devo.stars) when they apply this kind of dramatic changes. Stat changes are not that crucial but I won't say no to it.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The character I was enjoying the most got buffed too, but then I lost it when I had to reinstall windows recently because fucking retard games save all their data there for some reason.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
God damnit the stats in this game frustrate me to no end. The OA/DA system is so fucked up where stacking OA takes precedence to anything else when gearing and picking devotions for your character no matter what kind of character it is (unless he uses pets in which case you go for pet OA%). And capping out resists should be something you do as an overkill fuck you to the enemies and not something that is slightly mandatory unless you want to have a bad time on Ultimate. I mean it's not hard to get them resists up, but it's a chore to constantly farm up that rep for every new character you make. But the OA/DA is definitely the biggest issue with the game right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom