Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Sykar

Arcane
Yeah I really do not like the OA/DA system either. It's so frustrating to having a decent crit rate and then a few levels later you sudenly have 0% while the enemies have 25% or more and you get crit into oblivion if you are not able to keep it up.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
From today's hotfix:

• Reduced Offensive and Defensive ability scaling on Heroes and Bosses at higher levels
  • Probability To Hit formula adjusted. Equal OA / DA on an Attacker / Defender will result in a 90% chance to hit, up from 85%. The rate at which chance to miss or hit / crit increases as the difference in attack OA and defender DA grows has been reduced. Crit multiplier thresholds have been reduced so that they're about the same or not much harder to hit than before. The primary purpose of the change is to reduce the overall percentage of attacks that will crit, while still allowing for big crits, just less frequently. Another reason overall crit chance needed to come down is that +%crit dmg bonus from items has made it much more powerful to land any tier crit. For us to continue to allow big crit multipliers, the frequency of crits needed to be scaled back. This will also help lower OA builds more easily maintain a reasonable chance to hit since equal OA/DA chance is now 5% higher and chance to miss increases less quickly if you fall below that. Another positive side effect will be less crits / less severe crits from enemies in ultimate.
  • With the probability to hit formula adjustment, we will do a future pass to adjust OA / DA bonuses in devotions and possibly gear so that builds without skill based bonuses will have a little better access to OA and DA.
So there is some attention paid to the OA/DA system at least.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
On crit devoions and legendary item bonuses becoming even more redundant :lol:. Crate should finally hire a real designer because this is like watching the three stooges bumble around like idiots.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Full notes v0.3.7.5 (b30 hotfix 1)

[Tech]
  • Fixed an issue causing a crash when refreshing the internet server browser list.
  • Fixed a bug where the player could occasionally become stuck when picking up items.
  • Fixed a bug where the default camera zoom key would set the wrong zoom level.

[Game]
  • Run Speed cap bumped up to 135%
  • Reduced Offensive and Defensive ability scaling on Heroes and Bosses at higher levels
  • Probability To Hit formula adjusted. Equal OA / DA on an Attacker / Defender will result in a 90% chance to hit, up from 85%. The rate at which chance to miss or hit / crit increases as the difference in attack OA and defender DA grows has been reduced. Crit multiplier thresholds have been reduced so that they're about the same or not much harder to hit than before. The primary purpose of the change is to reduce the overall percentage of attacks that will crit, while still allowing for big crits, just less frequently. Another reason overall crit chance needed to come down is that +%crit dmg bonus from items has made it much more powerful to land any tier crit. For us to continue to allow big crit multipliers, the frequency of crits needed to be scaled back. This will also help lower OA builds more easily maintain a reasonable chance to hit since equal OA/DA chance is now 5% higher and chance to miss increases less quickly if you fall below that. Another positive side effect will be less crits / less severe crits from enemies in ultimate.
  • With the probability to hit formula adjustment, we will do a future pass to adjust OA / DA bonuses in devotions and possibly gear so that builds without skill based bonuses will have a little better access to OA and DA.
  • Cunning and Spirit damage bonus scaling has been increased by about 10% to give these stats a little more value in higher difficulties relative to physique.
  • Fixed an issue with the Avatar of Mogdrogen not spawning
  • Fixed certain cases that could cause the Bane of Cairn, Blood Harvest, Securing Burrwitch and The Warden quests to disappear from the player's quest log. Affected players should get their quest back if they visit the town hub that starts the quest.
  • Fixed an issue with the Bloody Pox skill not spreading
  • Fixed an issue with the Bounty for Bane'Gargoth not completing. This will cause your bounty for the Black Legion to reset if you are currently on it.
  • The Kymon's Chosen and Order of Death's Vigil Nemesis bosses once again have a 100% chance to spawn but instead have chests with a reduced item drop rate compared to other Nemesis bosses

[Itemization]
  • Dismantling now has a small chance (higher with item quality) to generate Rate Crafting Materials (ex. Blood of Ch'thon) and a very low chance of generating a Skeleton Key.
  • Added some spirit to the Beastcaller's Shroud and Shoulderpads to compensate for the removal of spirit from the Cowl
  • Necromancer's Deathgrips: increased damage and speed of the Bound Spirits. Bound Spirits are also now nearly impervious to damage, but generate minimal threat.

[Class & Skills]

Devotion
  • Fixed Wendigo Totem not activating Guardian's Gaze and Falcon Swoop

Arcanist
  • Fixed the lack of scaling at ultimate ranks for Sphere of Protection

Run speed cap should be 150% at least, but I guess that minor bump's something. Gotta go fast.

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Full notes v0.3.7.5 (b30 hotfix 1)

[Tech]
  • Fixed an issue causing a crash when refreshing the internet server browser list.
  • Fixed a bug where the player could occasionally become stuck when picking up items.
  • Fixed a bug where the default camera zoom key would set the wrong zoom level.

[Game]
  • Run Speed cap bumped up to 135%
  • Cunning and Spirit damage bonus scaling has been increased by about 10% to give these stats a little more value in higher difficulties relative to physique.
  • Fixed an issue with the Avatar of Mogdrogen not spawning
  • Fixed certain cases that could cause the Bane of Cairn, Blood Harvest, Securing Burrwitch and The Warden quests to disappear from the player's quest log. Affected players should get their quest back if they visit the town hub that starts the quest.
  • Fixed an issue with the Bloody Pox skill not spreading
  • Fixed an issue with the Bounty for Bane'Gargoth not completing. This will cause your bounty for the Black Legion to reset if you are currently on it.
  • The Kymon's Chosen and Order of Death's Vigil Nemesis bosses once again have a 100% chance to spawn but instead have chests with a reduced item drop rate compared to other Nemesis bosses

[Itemization]
  • Dismantling now has a small chance (higher with item quality) to generate Rate Crafting Materials (ex. Blood of Ch'thon) and a very low chance of generating a Skeleton Key.
  • Added some spirit to the Beastcaller's Shroud and Shoulderpads to compensate for the removal of spirit from the Cowl
  • Necromancer's Deathgrips: increased damage and speed of the Bound Spirits. Bound Spirits are also now nearly impervious to damage, but generate minimal threat.

[Class & Skills]

Devotion
  • Fixed Wendigo Totem not activating Guardian's Gaze and Falcon Swoop

Arcanist
  • Fixed the lack of scaling at ultimate ranks for Sphere of Protection

Run speed cap should be 150% at least, but I guess that minor bump's something. Gotta go fast.
Why introduce a cap at all? Let people build their chars however they want. If they want to stack movespeed and sacrifice other things for it, why not let them?
Unless thats a change aimed at those who use external applications to make their character into an Usain Bolt, but why even focus on them? They will find another way or cheat in some other way. The game does not have an open multiplayer so players can simply not play with the cheaters.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Why introduce a cap at all? Let people build their chars however they want. If they want to stack movespeed and sacrifice other things for it, why not let them?
Unless thats a change aimed at those who use external applications to make their character into an Usain Bolt, but why even focus on them? They will find another way or cheat in some other way. The game does not have an open multiplayer so players can simply not play with the cheaters.

Because Balanz Muss Sein.

:whatisfun:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I would assume it's to avoid buggy results from characters moving so quickly they start to clip through things. Though in that case, the cap should probably be the same as whatever they use for the charging attacks; 500% I think.

Sykar

Arcane
On crit devoions and legendary item bonuses becoming even more redundant :lol:. Crate should finally hire a real designer because this is like watching the three stooges bumble around like idiots.

It is one of the very few things I liked about as a change from D3. Getting rid of that retarded to hit chance which was bonkers in D2. OA/DA is even worse than D2's to hit system.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
My Pyromancer is nearing the end of Elite.

He's a two gun pistolero, raining down Fire Strikes amped with Solael's and dropping Curses of Frailty on groups of enemies.

DPS hovering around 22k, and will probably hit ~30k if I manage to get some decent shoulders/pants/chest/helmet/gloves. Really good legendary weapon, great legendary medal and a solid empowered epic are keeping him running, for now.

Often literally, so as to not get curbstomped...

:negative:

Still, it's nice to watch things explode as soon as you press down the left mouse button.

:positive:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
My DEE Occultist just hit 14k sheet DPS, the truth of his real DPS being out there. I saw my DoTs ticking for 16k damage last night and that was with worse gear so who knows what he can do now. I love it.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Crate really has no idea what to do with OA/DA.

http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31529

To-hit forumula adjusted again. This time we're trying a hyrbid formula which draws part of its value from a tweaked original formula that is more linear, with a bit of more comparative equation for a slight diminishing return. The starting crit threshold has been redued. This should boost crit chance for everyone relative to the previous formula but relative to the older formula, it should be easier for builds with lower OA (unless its really bad) to hit and crit, while stacking OA will not get you to quite as high of a hit chance as it would previously. At this, this is the idea. I'm unleashing it in this hotfix because the past attempt fell flat and this can only be an improvement... but I'll also need feedback from a bigger pool of players to see if we're on the right track.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
:roll:

Meanwhile I'm wrecking shit with Devastation combined with elemental surge devo. Survivors meet with one of my 2 laz00rs and melt.If something survived that too (some heroes and most bosses) I run like headless chickens till I can combo with the mirror&devastation.
Funny thing about devastation is, I can cast it from really far away as long as I have targets.

BTW I think legendary level 75 sets are a bit easy to craft especially compared to motherfucking 70 level relics. Able to craft Iskandra's cowl with only 1 hours of farming, but we need days of farming for my friends "Avenger" relic (which reflects nearly for 12k damage 5 meters aoe for %20 chance)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Reduced %OA scaling on Inner Focus. We've made several other skill balancing changes but we're still selectively syncing because too much WIP content is checked into the build for a full sync. This was the only skill that seemed so bad it warranted a special sync for this hotfix, mainly because it's a one of the biggest, most accessible sources of OA, favored by crit-focused builds and I want to get more accurate feedback on the latest PTH formula changes.

And after all has been said and done, they only nerfed Inner Focus by a measly 2% so at max rank it grants 10% OA instead of 12%. Wow. By the way they worded their nerf justification I was expecting them to cut it by half.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Build 31 preview is out.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31762

attachment.php

attachment.php

The new screenies look pretty decent.

Renevent

Cipher
Looks sexy...one of my complaints was a lot of areas looked too similar (especially wooded areas) and the art in some of them lacked distinction...looks like they are addressing these issues.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks decent, maybe if it does well in actual release we'll get an ending animation as well.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd prefer to have seen them add more content to the second half of act 4 rather than doing VO. VO is a waste of money 95% of the time.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They could've spent the time and money on making a mastery. Instead they made an intro that will probably suck because the games setting and story sucks ass anyways and we'll get voice acting that no one will listen to because no one reads the quests. Brilliant.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Setting is ok - i can't thing of many diablo-clones with elements of post-apo and Lovercraft mixed together (Hellgate London would be the closest thing i can think of) so it is at least not overused. Titan Quest (the good parts) was much better in term of setting but as far as this genre goes Grim Dawn is not bad. The story does suck ass... The thing that sucks ass even more is how the setting is used in the game. The bestiary, a crucial element of d2-clone is really,really bad: zombies, skeletons, humans, skeletons, zombies, some oversized animals, more zombies, did i mention skeletons and oversized animals ? Booooring. In the whole game there are only a few interesting monsters not to mention a disturbing lack of tentacles ! Only the final boss makes up for it a little as if the devs in the last moment, designing last level remembered: "oh fuck, we forgot to add tentacles in the game!" Unfortunately they also forget to add more interesting monsters among tons of zombies, etc...

The voice acting and intro is a waste of time for every1 except the developers (and only if it brings them enough additional sales).

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The setting is interesting because of leading Lovecraft's (though it's not really HIS in the sense that he invented weird fiction) ideas to a logical extreme - tremendous interest and devotion in its eldritch monsters by the majority. The Cult of Ch'thon (if it isn't already the dominant religion) is extremely well-organized, funded and attended, with a (strategic) foothold in every part of the world. That could lead to very interesting metaphysical and theological discussion. They have to get better writers and flesh out the Cult and their relationship with Ch'thon itself more though. Aetherials are a mixed bag and their seeming lack of motivation grinds my gears. There is a lot that they can do with the things they set up though, it just needs a good writer to push it forward.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I think you guys just like the idea of liking the setting and that's clouding your judgement, because the reality is that there's nothing Lovecraftian about it except on a very superficial level. Two eldritch horror factions and one of them is generic zombies and the other is generic demons. FFS we even see a slice of the Chthonian home planes and it's nothing but an uninspired hell-like area. There's nothing weird or Lovecraftian about these. Then, after stripping away the Aetherials and Chthonians what do we have left: a setting in which we have giant vermin, goblins Groble, orcs Mistborn, ghost and spooky skeletons. We don't even get a feel of the post-apocalypticness because all we visit are rural areas which are, for the most part, untouched. We should've gotten a whole act of romping through the capital city to really get a feel of the damage that has been done, but, no. The setting is generic junk and there's no point in trying to defend it just because it pretends to have a slight Lovecraftian stink to it. If they were serious about making a game with a Lovecraftian setting then they would've gotten something closer to Bloodborne.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
What you have smoked faggots? setting which is sucking?! This game setting has fracking Steam Tanks, Inquisition, Legion troops fighting demons with guns instead of Faggot Elves with bows Tolkien derivative N*102nd... in fact it doesn't have single elf or bow in hole damn game despite retards whining about this on forum :incline::incline:... OK it doesn't have dvarves neither. :decline: Story was good no BS rescue the word aside from sorta last quest only doing good small steps to save another group of hard working white People Survivors from clutches of liberals Bandits Jews Ethereals and Satanists Ctohans. God damned faggots what you want more? Bullshit Philosophic story like in Pillows of Enema-ty?:ehue::outrage::fight::mob::x:flamesaw:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom