Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Neverwinter

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Evidently whenever you die, you can pay real money to be revived. I imagine some of the people on Facebook will end up paying well over sixty dollars on this game.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't have a facebook, and I never will.

^ :lol:

I saw that edit

my_trap_card.jpg

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I was totally going to try this game but...

Xor said:
I don't have a facebook, and I never will.

It's weird that mandatory facebook games are so successful, you'd think excluding potential customers would be bad for business.

Couldn't they do like "facebook optional" games?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Interestingly, as Cynic pointed out in another thread, this is the LAST Atari D&D game we will ever see.

MMXI

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Interestingly, as Cynic pointed out in another thread, this is the LAST Atari D&D game we will ever see.
So what's happening with the license? Will ZeniMax get hold of it?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
MMXI said:
Jaesun said:
So what's happening with the license? Will ZeniMax get hold of it?

That's the question I'm wondering. I don't think Zenimax/Bethesda would be interested in that licence (god help us). Granted there really is not any large Publishers out there that want to make party based, stats and skill heavy cRPG's.

So whoever they pick, we still lose.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I wanted to get into this but it has so many dealbreakers:
a) no attacks of opportunity
b) no sneak attacks for rogues, so they're only good for lockpicking/trap disarming
c) can only create one character, the rest you have to either hire with gold (which apparently isn't remotely replenished enough in dungeons so you could potentially hire a full party, go through a dungeon, and end up with a net loss) or use other Facebook users (or alts) which is meh.
d) If you go with the users/alts thing there's a cooldown on whether you can use them again in another dungeon unless they have full health when you complete the dungeon. Or you can pay them money of course.
e) Tangentially related to d, I really really really hate microtransactions.
Volourn) nO dWARVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And so on. Makes Knights of the Chalice look more impressive than it is.

MMXI

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Granted there really is not any large Publishers out there that want to make party based, stats and skill .
Since when did that stop anyone from (ab)using the license?

:smug:

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
My guess is dwarfs will be introduced along with a class (currently only four: Mage, Cleric, Rogue and Warrior) as pay content.

I set up a facebook account for some other game a couple month back so I could check this one out without much hassle.
Major gripe aside from what was mentioned already: the game has this gorram energy bar thing (go on an adventure -> spend energy, refills slowly or buy to replenish).

DO NOT PLAY

PS: anybody else seeing a pattern to my potential friends or whatever that list on the right is?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Angelo85 said:
Major gripe aside from what was mentioned already: the game has this gorram energy bar thing (go on an adventure -> spend energy, refills slowly or buy to replenish).

DO NOT PLAY

:salute:

Thanks BRO. Since I know you have excellent taste in turn-based and combat/skill games I shall avoid my fate of ever having a facebook account. whew!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm playing it now in the office. yay!

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
What is this madness RK? Haven't you read the playground? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom