Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Neverwinter

Stinger

Arcane
RK47 said:
I'm playing it now in the office. yay!

blog_officeboredom.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Fuck. This game turn based takes too long for office alt tab adventures . Goddamn, my boss nearly caught sight of it!

'Steve, what are you doing?'

'Uh...updating the company's facebook!'

'Oh, carry on.'

haha.jpg

:smug:

J1M

Arcane
I played it. Had to make a dummy facebook account to play it.

Didn't spend any micro monies on it and my character is max level. So if you need to do that, well you must be terrible. The optional pay structure means that this is one of the rare rpgs where the economy is not drastically swung in your favor and you actually have to pay your companions to risk their lives for you.

Opportunity attacks and friendly fire would have made the game a lot more enjoyable.

I disagree with the assertion that rogues are useless. They have high movement which lets them stun/daze essentially any target on the battlefield, taking them out of the fight for 4 or 5 turns. Essentially, a dodge or die ability.

Fighters were the ones that seemed useless to me. Compared to a rogue they have weaker CC, lower initiative, lower speed, lower damage, no lockpicking, and a small self-heal.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
J1M said:
Fighters were the ones that seemed useless to me. Compared to a rogue they have weaker CC, lower initiative, lower speed, lower damage, no lockpicking, and a small self-heal.
:what:

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Rogues do more damage than fighters, even without sneak attack?

Does it work that way in the real D&D 4E?

J1M

Arcane
PorkaMorka said:
Rogues do more damage than fighters, even without sneak attack?

Does it work that way in the real D&D 4E?
From what I remember, sneak attack is what puts rogues ahead of fighters damage-wise in 4E. In the facebook game, they have items like off-hands that add ongoing poison damage.

J1M

Arcane
l3loodAngel said:
J1M said:
Try reading it again when the drugs wear off.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Talking about free to play D&D games: Brace yourselves for impending decline, BROs.

The upcoming Neverwinter MMO will adopt the f2p model. There goes the last bit of hope for this title :(

The developer says Neverwinter will be closer to a game like Nexon's Vindictus, where combat is controlled by mouse clicks, and where pattern recognition and reflexes are the keys to successfully murdering hordes of monsters.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I never place much hope on MMOs those who do so are in for a life of eternal disappointment.

It's not called NWN 3 for a reason.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
J1M said:
l3loodAngel said:
J1M said:
Try reading it again when the drugs wear off.

I am really not sure why fighters should have lockpicking or self heal... Only rogue should have lockpicking its a fucking class skill so why da fuck do you list it? Compared to mages you would writte that they cant cast spells?

Those are some long-lasting drugs :lol:

What J1M meant is that since rogues have better CC, initiative and damge, plus lockpiciking, warriors seem useless. The warrior does have self heal but it's small and as such rogues still sound way better.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Clockwork Knight said:
Those are some long-lasting drugs :lol:

What J1M meant is that since rogues have better CC, initiative and damge, plus lockpiciking, warriors seem useless. The warrior does have self heal but it's small and as such rogues still sound way better.
Well duh the warrior is supposed to grab aggro and then the priest heals him.

What kind of popamole MMO are you playing where you can damage heal and lockpick with your warrior? Lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom