Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ho noes. NwN2 is teh complex, just like BG!!1

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
" it was just a mindless linear go to A---B---C, kill stuff in between grind. "

LOL That describes NWN2's main story.

Not to mention DEAD games like BG2, FO2, PST, and a host of others.

Anyways, anyone who has played both NWN1 and NWN2 and are HONEST would know NWN2 is the sequel to NWN1 in every conceiveable way that matters.

Period.

Bah

Arcane
Volourn said:
" it was just a mindless linear go to A---B---C, kill stuff in between grind. "

LOL That describes NWN2's main story.

Anyways, anyone who has played both NWN1 and NWN2 and are HONEST would know NWN2 is the sequel to NWN1 in every conceiveable way that matters.

Period.

Personally, I agree with you that it has more in common with NWN1 than prior RPG games (which is largely a bad thing in my own personal opinion). But I'm confused by your hostility with people comparing/contrasting it to other RPGs.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Because. people keep bring up games that are DEAD. They should stay DEAD. And, as far as KOTOR series goes, that game is OVERRATED so it should be punishable by some nefarious method to compare the GLORIOUS NWN series to that crap@!!!!!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Volourn said:
Because. people keep bring up games that are DEAD. They should stay DEAD.

And NwN is alive, how, exactly? It's the same shit we had with the BG games, except there's less of it, and what's there is actually worst. So, pray tell, what makes the NwN series or KotOR any less dead then BG2 or Torment? Shiny graphix? The Xbox? What?

LCJr.

Erudite
So Volourn are you working on one of your infamous rape mods for NWN2 yet?

HardCode

Erudite
Maybe he'll try child molestation this time ... but in a tasteful, mature way.

baelstren

Educated
Patron
Insert Title Here
Volourn, you seem to be upset that folks 'round these parts are starting to like a "Neverwinter Nights" game (albeit the "sequel"), but not FOR THE RIGHT REASONS.

R00fles!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
DEAD is when is a game gone. Buried. Irrelevant. Period.

A classic game is also a DEAD game. To me, the Fos and BGs are classics but also DEAD.

NWN is a classic; but it is not DEAD *yet*. It will be; but not yet.

Not quite true, Baelstren. I'm not 'upset'. I don't get upset from what I rea don the internet. If the stupitity of the internet got me 'upset'; I'd have had a heartattack 5 years ago.

I'm just pointing out the constant LIES, and HYPOCRISY.

Common complaints about NWN1 taht also apply to NWN2 sometimes even worse:

"Combat is too easy"

LOL

"game is too linear"

DOUBLE LOL

"too much ph@t lewt"

half a LOL

And, the list goes on...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm still not even sure what the fuck this whole thing even means.

So BG is dead, NwN2 isn't. And?

BTW, NwN was never really alive, it was more like an aborted harlequin baby that somehow got zombiefied into unlife thanks to the MP kiddies. The game still smells like a corpse however...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Volourn said:
I'm just pointing out the constant LIES, and HYPOCRISY.

Common complaints about NWN1 taht also apply to NWN2 sometimes even worse:

"Combat is too easy"

LOL

"game is too linear"

DOUBLE LOL

"too much ph@t lewt"

half a LOL

And, the list goes on...

Nobody has ever said this game isn't as shit stained as NwN, it just doesn't stink as much (having a real party already works like an hair freshener) . Or maybe we've been smelling shit for so long we just got used to it. Eitherway, NwN remains the bigger turd...

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
If old games are DEAD then consider me a necrophiliac. I much prefer them to the tarded kiddie shit we get nowadays.

aboyd

Liturgist
TheGreatGodPan makes a good point. We always need points of comparison, and if an old game -- dead or not -- is a useful comparison, then it's useful. At least, I appreciate the comparisons.

Blacklung

Arbiter
The geological, topographical, theological pancake
You still haven't given any real definition of what a DEAD game is. You gave me the names of some games you said were DEAD, but you didn't say exactly why. What do you mean by buried or irrelevant? My copies of BG1 and 2 along with FO are still very unburied, on my harddrive, and played about every month or two. I can't say the same for my copies of Morrowind or Oblivion. In fact, I find online games for BG2 when I feel like it. So quit acting like a child and explain your definition in a clearer fashion.

VenomByte

Scholar
Is it just me or has volourn become infinitely more annoying and retarded in the last few months?

Blacklung

Arbiter
The geological, topographical, theological pancake
NWN is like a yellow sun and and Volly is like Superman (except more like an evil Bizarro Superman). No longer is his energy slowed by the low quality NWN mods! NWN 2's single player campaign now gives him more strength than we could have ever imagined! Can anyone stop the horrible force that is VOLLY!?

JrK

Prophet
Some dude that we plunged inside NWN1 and left him to mutate into liking the worst of the worst in rpgness. Just like Nuclear Man!

elander_

Arbiter
Volourn said:

Classics are never dead moron. These games are alive to mock shity crap modern games until their quality is matched again.

NWN1 however is dead. That game is owned by NWN2 easly which isn't a masterpiece anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom