Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ho noes. NwN2 is teh complex, just like BG!!1

JrK

Prophet
Why do we need to stop him? It's not as if he's arguing anything. He just calls everybody who doesn't agree with him a moron.

My question is whether there is enough intelligent power to stop the Codex from taking Volourn serious.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Volourn said:
DEAD is when is a game gone. Buried. Irrelevant. Period.

A classic game is also a DEAD game. To me, the Fos and BGs are classics but also DEAD.

NWN is a classic; but it is not DEAD *yet*. It will be; but not yet.

I'm now confused by your *DEAD* Status of games. On the obsidian forums you state:

Overall Thoughts: I love this game thus far. NWN2 is gonna need to accomplish a lot to beat this for GOTY for me. That's pretty aamzing consideirng that FF12 wasn't even on my radar 'til this week and I've been anxiously awaiting NWN2 for 2+ years now. Yes, FF12 is that good - thus far. Best FF since FF8, imo. Only two hours in though. LOL My non apologizes for those who loathed FF8.

FF8 (Sep 07, 1999) is OLDER than BGII (Sep 24, 2000). But for some reason BGII is DEAD but FF8 is not?? o.O

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are you disabled? As much as I hate Volourn, usually, you might notice - or not - that he only MENTIONS FF8. Nothing is said about its dead/not_dead status. Just because he /mentions/ that game that doesn't mean it isn't dead as per Vollie's definition. I might say "Dark Heart of Uukrul had better puzzles than [insert RPG here that is not Wizardry 4]", and it would be true, even if DHoU IS dead.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Didn't Volourn complain earlier about comparing games to to DEAD games?
So if he thinks FF8 is dead he is comparing FF12 to a DEAD game, if it is not he needs to explain why that is so.

suibhne

Erudite
Stop trying to hold Volourn to standards of rational thought and disputation.

PERIOD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom