Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How much ME3 will sell?

How much ME3 will sell?

• Roughly 1 million, yeah, I hate them.

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Rougly 2 millions, a failure but in line with previous sales figures.

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • Roughly 3 millions, Shepaaaaarrrrdddsssss.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • More than 3 millions and more, R00fles.

Votes: 50 45.5%

• Total voters

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Ok, I get it now. There's no way this isn't a troll. Well done man, totally fell for it.

MetalCraze

Arcane
More like you fell for EA.
Don't forget that when Crysis, which was an aggressively advertised game, in fact it was an advertisement of GF8800 and Vista itself, and had everything made from scratch except for an engine which they had to upgrade (while Bioware doesn't need to do even that for ME3 which is still a 2005 spec game) sold 1.5 mln copies - EA declared it to be a success.
And then a few years later when they announced Crysis 2 as multiplatform - suddenly 3 mln copies that Crysis sold by that time stopped being enough and in fact piracy stopped it from breaking even and shit.

Which means that in gaming industry publishers like EA can manipulate numbers in any way they want and say whatever the fuck they want as long as it markets the product well.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh boy you're still at this.
http://www.eluta.ca/top-employer-bioware
Full-time employees in Canada: 397. Full-time at this location: 354. Full-time worldwide: 849. Part-time employees in Canada: 1.

The identity of that one part-time employee is going to bother me for a while.

What exactly are you trying to say?
That there are people working at Bioware? No fucking way.
That's a lot of money to keep all those people employed. The job listings on that site shows that a lead technical artist starts at $65,000 a year. Yeah, most of 'em are likely getting less than that, but not that much less. Maybe you think all those people are just sitting around not getting paid?

Kz3r0

Arcane
On Amazon the pre-orders for Diablo III pushed Mass Effect 3 further down, now is in the sixth position, a smashing success.

Two stars:troll: , based on users' reviews.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
ME3 sales could be 0 for the rest of tis lifetime and 1.85mil sales is still damn good. Not that VGChartz is worth shit. I wouldn't beleive them if my life depended on it. For all we know ME3 could ahev sold 1 copy. That's mroe belieevable than any shit VGCharts can state.

By their (untrustworthy) numbers, ME3 is a huge hit. The original ME sold a 'measily' 384k in its ownw eek and it was probably more expensive to make since it everything had to be build for it from the ground up.

Seems like another W for the good guys. :)

Kz3r0

Arcane
All right, let's close this.
First of all Codexers consensus, judging by the poll, seem to be a reliable meter for predicting sales, congratulations.:thumbsup:

Last, now ME3 is 9 on amazon bestsellers list of video games.
Now let's talk about Wasteland 2 in the other threads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom